Redpill me on Mazda6

I'm thinking about buying the base Mazda6 to daily. It'd replace a 2001 IS300. Will it be almost as fun to drive? I will miss the sound system and moonroof, but I don't think I can get a manual car with a tan interior, a good sound system, and a moonroof unless I buy a BMW, and I'm too poor for that.

>luxury/family sedan
>manual

Doing it wrong m8.

Alternate suggestions, then?

You're gonna have to test drive one to truly get a feel for the car. Personally I would try to buy the Mazda3 with a manual. Both the 2.0 and 2.5 offered on the 3 are torquey, fun, offered with a manual on pretty much all trims, and get good mpg. There is also a hatchback version
The 6 is good too but it seems a little large for a 4 cylinder to pull around, and there is no V6 option

a cute

another cute

This makes me moist

Fuck it, I'm getting a Mazda6

Pour acid on the paint. Post results.

What's wrong with the is300? Just fix it.

197k miles, automatic, 19mpg

197k miles on a Toyota isn't even out of the break-in period yet you fuck.

Unless you neglected it,

The right answer really is to drive it until it dies desu

Just get a Mazda3, fun to drive and about the same size as the IS

v6 7th gen accord is good

So sell it for a low mileage manual is300. You should be willing to go anywhere in the US for the right one if you love it that much.

This, the 2.5 Mazda 3 with the manual should be a great car. Unless you and all your family are 6'3+ giants it won't be an uncomfortable car.

Do people actually believe this?

The Mazda6 is fun to drive relative to the Camry or Accord, but not compared to an IS. It'll also be a lot larger, and rather louder. The Mazda3's also loud, but closer in size and a better match for the 2.5L. The road noise will drive you crazy if you're used to a Lexus (I know it was not a typical Lexus, but still - my Mazda3 is loud).

2015 mazda6 owner with 25k miles. ask me anything

Welp, people actually believe this so, yes, people actually believe that too.

What's wrong with the IS?

Right now nothing serious. Oil leaks, damaged body panels (thanks, college town life), worn out suspension components. Just a bunch of little things that are more of a hassle to fix than they are to live with.

>muh luxury car gutta be muh auto

Go get fucked, big bodied manual cars are fun as fuck.

Get the 6, it's absolutely brilliant from what I hear

How's the stereo? Is it quiet in the cabin? Is it as really as fun as the magazines say?

If my IS300 quits on me anytime soon I totally will. I'm going to enjoy no car payments for a little while longer though

Agreed. The old mazda 6 v6 was great, but the newer ones are too large for my taste. My wifes 2.5 mazda 3 hatch has been amazing.

I have the 2.5l vw jetta and favor it more. The curb weight is much lower

get the wagon

>luxury/family sedan
>fun

Still doing it wrong.

Stop. Don't finance a piece of shit econobox when you could get something actually interesting.

My dad has a 2016 Mazda 6 in black and its fucking mint. Not the fastest ride out there but you're not buying a sports car or ford falcon. Its quite big but that makes it extremely comfortable on road trips even with 3 people in the back. Plus interior is pretty well done, closest to luxury in its price range.

These things look great, and the interior is just as great. Ive heard that the 2.0L skyactive is really good on gas.

Lol, like what?

Post your local craigslist. How much cash can you afford to spend on a car?

Not everyone wants a interesting car. Sometimes you want a car to take to work and back.

>implying those are mutually exclusive

Tbqh it doesn't look any better than a base WRX, is the Mazda cheaper because I see the WRX better car on paper being had at under 27k