/ss13g/ - spessboys on a spess station general

Last Thread:

Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmehn on a spess station:
>I dropped my mcnuggies
>More waifus
>;HELP DORMS

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA[Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed][Embed]
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/fE3Ts8A

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LkuM1wSH5hI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for kolith is CUTE!

Second for
>tfw no husbando

xth for hug vox they lead hard lives

Which station pet would win in a fight?

xth for gas the vox and this

mega mad crab shits on everybody

Black menace.
I've seen magpies do disturbingly human things with a knife.

probably Xenobio's slimes.
if they get disqualified, mega mad crabs or whatever the scariest thing the miner can pokeball is.

Norris

Me

>be puppy shipped in from centcomm
>tfw save your owner from depressurized rooms multiple times because dogs are immune to zas and can drag

>Dog being superior pets as per usual
That's nice

If Norris is disqualified then Sasha wins easily

>implying Ian can't beat the shit out of Sasha

Personally as a fan of cult I'm a big fan of it being in the rotation twice

>tfw you will never diaper Felicity Rivera

Why live?

Poly in a room full of station bounced radios set to any and all frequencies.

greytide or clown

>be warden
>hear we got vampires
>wrangle retarded shitter bird mime for doing stupid shit
>brig it
>mommis keep coming into the brig and stumbling around
>nosey bastards following me around while I'm dragging the prisoner, clicking on firelocks, waiting for me stumble into them.
>perma the mime bird for even more stupid crimes like trying to break out and trashing the brig
>random event blows brig doors wide open
>prisoner escapes
>captain dies by being too forward with the vamps both times
>find the captain and have him cloned
>continue to search for the prisoner
>find a trail of broken windows and breaches caused by that shit stain
>eventually find and recapture him
>he breaks his mime vow so we roast him on an electric grille
>captain stuns me, cuffs me, starts to take off my headset
>I manage to yell for help and tell the crew the captain is rogue
>shortly after comms drop
>I get thralled
>turns out everyone got thralled while I was out looking for the mime bird.
>like the entire station was a thrall, from heads to assistants
>get to kill those bastard mommi's on the shuttle with my shotgun
what a round.

I remember dragonbro once spawned himself in as a unique doggo and helped me on my traitor round. We blew up medbay, and dragged puppies to the escape pods to save them. He even wore a hardsuit, though im not sure how he did this

How would you all feel about me coding a little spot for people to upload a picture of their character if they want?

Would be a place to put all these Rinmaru images, and add a little more spice to our server. Essentially just a button when you examine someone that says "Image available" or something, and you can click it if you want to see it.

Admins can easily monitor images uploaded to make sure people aren't putting lewd images for character pictures.

>Would be a place to put all these Rinmaru images
Why do we need such a place?

It's going to be anime, dumb stuff, and extra close-ups of anuses.

Sending people to TG of all places when they get banned is pretty shitty, why not just let them appeal and have a second chance instead? Only the good players ever actually appeal, shitters that just want to grief never return.

Hi kolith

>anime
Anime on a server hosted on an anime website? What a surprise
>dumb stuff
The game has lots of dumb memes already so this won't change much
>extra close-ups of anuses
Admins should be able to remove flavor text that is 2 ADULT

for a vouch from another server because you broke the rules too many times fuccboi

I'm impressed you went so far that you'd save the exact same filename for that one.

How different is Bay from Veeky Forums in terms of role playing? I want to try it but I don't want to get banned on my first try for not emoting lifting a fork while eating a donk pocket.

Hey Carsh, you actually playing on TG or somewhere else instead? Are you playing the same static on your new server? Whats the weirdest thing about TG?

Bay used to be much higher rp than it is now, antags can murder without roleplay and security need to roleplay a lot less when it comes to being in a fight.

You don't need to emote, as long as you talk enough and find excuses to talk to people nobody will care. Just don't try to play the game solo, find reasons to ask others for help or strike up conversations.

Is it possible to have bullets persist across z levels once fired?

And what about stuff like some engineering projects or renovating bar, for example? Do I have to roleplay why I want to do that, getting permission, ask qualified personnel for help?

just go shit up lifeweb

I don't know about that, ask an admin

I'd probably say you aren't allowed to renovate the bar, but I'm not sure

If you're a Bartender, it makes sense IC that you might want to renovate the bar. A nicer bar means more people will drink there, after all. Just make sure that you have authorization as the bar on the Torch is a highly trafficked area and that you gave the character you're playing the necessary skills to actually renovate it.
EX: Last round I was playing as an NT Security Officer and I saw some Miners who were exploring the abandoned area of maint salvage a jukebox and soda dispensers. They renovated the unused spare robotics room and all of this was "above board", so you should be fine. (Although you wouldn't be able to do anything like build rage cages, sadly.)

Mutiny is always a legit option Especially if they're blatantly a shitter greytider or a retard with no grasp on the round types and the role. Try to reason or deescalate with them at first so you can say you tried. If it fails, try to get a couple officers on your side and expect to have to perma and implant the warden too because for some reason wardens are the most likely to be toe the line griefing retards

Just remember, if you mutiny, for the love of god don't kill anyone if you want the least amount of admin fluffing and stay on stimulants with a loyal man to watch your back because they WILL get out by some means and they WILL shoot to kill because they're autistic You are god's hand and you will haul this stations writhing carcass on your back to the finish line kicking and screaming

Clicking the firelocks intentionally is lawbreaking. Just snap draw laser em, pop them out of their mmi and flush em. Next time remember to tracking and chem implant them and if you get down time write up, [sign] and borrow the HoS stamp to send an officer or assistant on a quest to cargo chem/science/mechanics/eng to get a bunch of beakers and finish your quest to get instacrit chemplant chems. Also add it to his record in the minor crime notes so he has both the paper and your records note to verify to any officer why he has a phat sack of murdershit on him. And as usual, warn him and the other retards in view that they aren't to say the big E, big L, or big K words while the FUNMEN are still on V O M I S A. If you actually find a cool dude have him do you a solid and give him a fat stack of benjamins and another order form to verify a bunch of energy gear, combat, weapon, armor, shells at cargo,cyborg exoskeleton/right leg/left leg at robo

Yeah, rambo usually eats shit if they aren't with a battle buddy against a vamp. Even stimulants is a crapshoot. Two will go down like a bitch to a decently fed vemp unless they have an ED-209 or a borg with them

Yeah, you just use the same code bodies and stuff do when they hit z-level transition.

No diagonal movement as a ghost is the worst thing so far.

I'm not banned from silicons there which has been hilarious.

>permanently banned players hanging around the github
Still making me laff

Humans have been immune to ZAS for an entire week and nobody noticed.

Thanks, I guess I'll just stay low, talk to people about useless crap and figure out the mechanics.

you tried this shit in OOC, stop being autistic shadowmech88

I'm just impressed, is all. I thought others might find it funny.

I was clown earlier with no air on the station and was kinda weirded out that I wasn't being ZAS'd, didn't think it was a bug though.

When will it be fixed?

I just fixed it, the fix will take effect the next time the server recompiles.

It's not funny, this shit is what happens when you fucking coders don't fix any bugs because it "isn't yours" and then months later we find out you caused a bug which you never fixed that's been in the game forever.

Those rinmaru images are the most autistic thing a static can do, and the fact that you want to publish images of your static from an anime dress up game onto your actual in-game character is mind boggling.

In this case the bug wasn't fixed because no one knew it existed because no one reported it.

please add this!
i'm tired of people not knowing how cute my toon looks, the sprites do her no justice x_X

That's because admins fuck with zas settings all the time

>That's because admins fuck with zas settings all the time
???

>hey guys you know those shitty anime portraits nobody but atentionwhore shitters use?
>lets make a system so those people can get laughed at by tying a really low quality girl game site avatar thing to your 32 bit avatar of a spaceman in a space station

This is either really shit bait or this is some advanced autism.

Bait, but cute!

>These players are different than me, fuck these players!

Fuck right off, forever. I bet you're the slime autist too.

>be mime
>objective: kill the janitor
>gear up from the sec checkpoint to help subdue and kill my target
>janitor mommi's himself with the chef's shitty spaghetti
>wew that was easy
>emag a braindead mommi
>can't find active mommis in priavte areas to emag
>go around being a shitter for a bit getting the AI to open shit for me instead of using the emag
>decide enough is enough, time to go home
>set my sights on emagging all silicons (for bodyguards and general shittery) and purging the AI
>started with beepsky in arrivals
>tased and cuffed
>dropped emag
>radiation storm inbound
>nowhere to run, can't scream into the radio, can't PDA AI
>even hulk won't free me from these cuffs
>die
>detective finds me
>fumbles his way through medbay to help me
>try to grab my shit and escape after being cloned but my genetics were all fucked up
>spend forever on the wild ride with the detective and a vox
>start grabbing my shit off the ground and notice my taser is gone from my bag
>attempt the great escape with my hatchet
>get brigged in detectives office
>AI lets me out since the paper and pen wasn't removed from the room
>assume identity of braindead doctor
>move to purge AI as cap changes laws
>AI stops listening to me
>get cuffed and then killed by a borg
I swear I didn't want the round to go on that long guys

Here you go, there's a site called Furaffinity, just make your own group on there and call it "Autistic Furrys"

>trying to emag beepsky

are you retarded? flashes don't even effect that nigger, best to kill him or drag him away somewhere so he won't interfere

>are you retarded?
Sort of. It was my second go at traitor so I didn't know that beepsky would insta-fuck me

>furry
Okay come on user, whether we disagree on something or not that's just too rude.

corgis can wear engineering hardsuits

I live for stories like this, it gives me, an absolute shitter, hope for the future. One day I'll work up the courage to antag, despite playing this game off and on for over 5 years.

beepers is the best officer on the force user, apart from that time he plasmaflooded the place

gonna need a story on that one

Airflow push only happens on certain ZAS settings

Should have told my borg not to laser the guy on NT default? He did do a welder bomb earlier and I was also "rogue" because of that ion law. I'm very new at playing AI so I'm unsure.

P R E P A R E
F O R
J U S T I C E

fucking beepsky

you were just rogue in name

your law about always setting off explosive devices was a lot scarier

>it gives me, an absolute shitter, hope for the future
Your welcome

I know that now, and will remember for future rounds

If you're referring to this round (), I didn't welderbomb anything. I didn't even know a welderbomb went off.

>I didn't welderbomb anything. I didn't even know a welderbomb went off.
Somehow the detective's office got bombed, someone called it a welderbomb but I shouldn't have assumed that was you.

YOUR. MOVE. CREEP.

Lifeweb is up, get in here and sexually abuse child maids!

byond://46.188.0.249:2422
byond://46.188.0.249:1923

It's alright, no hard feelings. I was just going to break out of the brig with my finger pistols and probably get melted by a borg anyways.
I thought that was a nice call on checking my identity when I asked to be let into the brig though.

I'm looking through the logs and I can't find a hint of who actually did it

Why do vox suits look so much better than human ones?
Like the only nice human suits are CE, medical and paramedic. not counting the syndie and ERT/deathsquad ones since they are rare

Also new xenoarch suit looks really nice.

Clashing styles, Deadspace is a darker setting so the suits clash with the lighter ss13 setting.
Vox suits were designed around ss13 so they fit better.

that was a rod, I was observing

>metaclub 6(SIX) times in a row

The funny thing is if by some chance the traitor mime actually had an explosive implant I would be fulfilling that law.

Can I put webm on nanopaper? And how do you put images or videos on paper/nanopaper?

youtube.com/watch?v=LkuM1wSH5hI

UNBAN CARSHALASH

You can put images and videos on nanopaper by putting a URL link to the file into the paper, surrounded by the appropriate formatting tags.

Airflow push happens on the default ZAS preset.
The default ZAS preset is Hellish.
IIRC, any time an admin changes a ZAS or plasma setting or loads a preset, it's globally broadcasted - not just an admin log.

just spent over thirty minutes of my life in medbay/surgery because of some other useless cunt's mistake with explosives

what the fuck am I doing with my life

Hulk gives you a reduced break time

The default ZAS preset can be changed by admins easily

HTML formatting or is there some byond shit made for that?

It's HTML-ish but using nonstandard characters, like [] instead of .
There's a Help button you can click on the nanopaper to get a list of the tags and what they're used for.

I
AM
THEEE
LAHW

Nah, it's fun to emag him then he goes around memeing people who you can then go to "uncuff" only to meme them and take them to your succ den

It's not hard. Play eng to learn to build, hack, service telcomms, run scripts, and take things apart. Play med to get basic medical knowledge. Play assistant to learn how to get stuff without access do ghetto med/field medical and comply with sec so they aren't assblasted with you 24/7. Play sci to learn basic bot building and borg interaction. Play sec to get basic combat practice. Play clown for clumsy to get away from your crutches. Congrats, you now know how to get stuff, subdue people with which you can just kill them, and you have a basic grasp on flash the borg and give it the succ. Then just do what you do but flip the people/stuff you target from hostile/antag with peaceful/nonantag. Congrats, you're a 3/5 antag now, just learn to ignore objectives and do shit that makes interaction in the round instead of emag swag your bag/meme pen/emag armory backpack and memeloose and you're 4/5.

quality of life improvement suggestion

in cases where there are zero or only 1 mommi, allow up to two ghosts to become station mommi's by clicking become mommi

Yes, and this will be globally broadcasted. I don't remember seeing it since before Hellish was the default.

No I mean the DEFAULT one that starts when the server is on. An admin could change it at 5am and save it as the default.

Would you like me to search the logs and tell you whether they have?

Are you retarded? I was saying that was why nobody would pay any particular attention to it being off. Not that the admins actually did that.

See

are mommis allowed to put positronic brains they made into a mommi body?