Okay, I bought a 2005 Mustang GT and I want to turn it into a race car. So far...

Okay, I bought a 2005 Mustang GT and I want to turn it into a race car. So far, I have bought and installed these for it.

Engine
>FRPP hot rod camshafts
>JLT 110mm air intake

Exhaust
>JBA 3" long tube headers 1 5/8" primaries
>catted H pipe

Suspension
>FRPP non-adjustable shocks & struts
>FRPP 1" progressive lowering springs
>FRPP GT500 strut mounts
>BMR panhard rod

Brakes
>14" drilled & slotted rotors
>4 piston Brembo calipers
>Powerslot z26 pads
What else can I do? Weight reduction? If so, where?

Get some pilot supersports and call it a day

Did you remove the rear seats, spare tire, sound insulation, and get lightweight battery?

I'm running continental extremecontacts up front 265/40/18 and Nitto nt555 g2 295/40/18 in the rear

Supercharged 428 cobra jet swap, tremec t56, ford 9" rear end, Goodyear eagles.

slow piece of shit...i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

10 point cage with Parachute
3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
spec-R full drag suspension
Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
1 044 bosch pump
1200 rc injectors
golden eagle sleeved block
cp 10:1 pistons
Eagle rods
arp headstuds
oem h22 headgasket
Balance shaft delete
competition clutch twin disc
Port and polished head
skunk2 valve springs and retainers
Str cam gears
crower stage 1 cams
aluminium radiator with slim fan
gsr transmission with itr lsd.
qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
k20 rbc manifold
qsd throttle body spacer
blox 70mm throttle body
4bar omni map sensor
6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
hks bov
Garret 102mm turbocharger.
Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
44mm tial wastegate
Custom water to air intercooler set up
aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
tuned on chipped p28
13 inch volks drag rims
2 15 inch volks rear rims
arp extended wheel studs
si cluster
150 shots of nitrous im making 348 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be

Negative. Still have all that in. I remove the pasenger and rear seat often though - it's 80lbs total. Never have spare tire in there. Battery is an Optima which weights 38-40lbs

This is my favorite pasta

Race car is a little vague, what do you actually want to do with it? I'm not sure why you'd have a catted H pipe over an off road x pipe or progressive springs for that matter. Good wheels and tires are a good start in any case.

i'm assuming you have the 3.55 rear end
you could throw 3.73s or if you really wanna go quick and don't care about mpgs 4.10s

maybe he lives somewhere that he needs to smog it
also there's a minimal difference between X and H pipes assuming both are catted or not catted

>4.10 gears
>on a race car

ha

coyote swap.

>new Aluminator engine is 5.2L, revs to 8k, and makes 580HP naturally aspirated
MUH

>Includes 200amp alternator
Is the mustang really drawing 3600 watts at peak? For what purpose?

>Why didn’t you simply add the Mustang Shelby GT350 engine as a part in the Ford Performance Parts catalog?

>The high revving characteristics and unique sound of the Mustang Shelby GT350 engine are very special and we decided to preserve the exclusivity of the vehicle by not including the engine in our catalog. The Aluminator family of engines has proven to be a stout power plant and customers that decide to go with our new 5.2 based engine will not be disappointed.
For real ford? The sound of the 350?

First you will have to get the airbag replaced. theres a recall

Put a whipple on that bitch

Power is the last thing you touch on a racekar. OP is already making somewhere in the 350HP range, let him figure out how to go fast with that much first.

>VROOOM VROOOM RACE CAR!

How old are you?

If you have to ask then you should have just bought a prebuilt race car and learned on that first.

And as another user on here has already said, what are you racing it in? Cause first thing your do is read the rule book of whatever series you're running in - if you don't know the ins and outs of those rules then I hope you like being a back marker,

Why am I even replying to this as if this isn't some twelvie asking people off the internet to jerk off to his favorite car.

I mean the car is already probably way more capable than the driver. Get some track time.

Honestly, I have about 4-5 hours of track time total. Two days. I just like fucking with my car as well.

Are strut tower bars and LCA braces worth it?

So it's a road car that occasionally sees track time then?

Reliability mods first then start worrying about improving performance when you actually know what the car is missing for your driving style.

Get an oil cooler (if it doesn't already have one) and a bigger alloy radiator and a bunch of tyres to take it to track days/autocross days/club days.

Oh and not every track car is a race car - calling yours such will trigger people's autism. Mine included.

>Didn't start by reducing weight and installing a rollcage

Rebuild a triton v10 as a high compression supercharged race engine.

this

safety > reliability > performance