Meta

What is your least favorite part about Veeky Forums?

I hate the fact that maybe 5% of the posters on here have driven something with more than 500hp, yet try to debate whether 150hp is 'enough' for a daily driver. You little weebs don't know shit about power.

It's hard to pick a least favorite part when 95% of it is irredeemable garbage. I guess I hate that almost everyone here would rather pretend to be ignorant and obtuse just to get a reaction out of people, rather than attempting actual discussion.

Tripfagging, Avatarfagging, meme forcing, frogposting, and bringing shitty memes over from other boards (mainly /tv/).

Fpbp

I hate people that don't contribute to GTR vs Corvette funposting

How is it fun though. It's the same posts, with same images, with the same responses, every day.

It's a toss up between people recommending ls swaps and people unironically hating muscle cars.

Sperg more

>You little weebs don't know shit about power.
Power is boring. Only cornering matters.

Every board on Veeky Forums is like this nowadays.

However, there's nothing on Veeky Forums that really separates it from other interest boards. I guess we have more meet-ups and regular tripfags than other boards.

Even if you have something as common as a 2015 mustang gt, you already have a car that's faster than 95% of Veeky Forums.

Namefags

Tripfags, namefags, the same shitposting everyday with the same images and the same responses every fucking time. I don't understand how people don't get bored of it, it's like watching eight year olds fight

>5%
That's being generous

It's be nice if it was a little easier to learn stuff here but so much meme posting and trolling makes it hard to know who is being a br/o/

150 hp is more than enough for a daily driver.

Pic related.

>HURR DURR I HAVE A 10K MUSTANG I AM BETTER THAN YOU

go fuck yourself op, nobody cares about your 0 60 times

buttmad ricer detected

>What is your least favorite part about Veeky Forums?
Exactly what you said. Veeky Forums has way too many bench racers. I'm not saying you have to have a very fast car, but it's hard to take someone's argument seriously when they drive a 65hp shitbox.

>gt500
>10k
Fuck I wish.

>You little weebs don't know shit about power.
>posts a muscle car

The fact that every day the shitposters increase in size. Nobody replies to a thread actually wanting to have a decent discussion yet you tards blast over to the bait Alphonse threads. Then when someone actually tries to have a decent conversation (god forbid that right?) the shitposters feel the need to get attention because they'll shrivel up and die without it. This site needs something like Shadow banning or something. Also the bench racers and unfunny may mays are just as bad.

my least favorite part is the tripfags. The dogfucker and alphonse ruin 70% of the board.

To nitpick, in the US at least, anything above 250~hp is pretty much useless, you just go from "speeding ticket 10 over" to "speeding ticket 25 over".
I try to get a car as light as possible and right around 200hp~ and then the rest is handling, because I don't care about going fast, I live in the corners.

/cringe

>This site needs something like Shadow banning
you should probably just head on back to /reddit.
that kind of shit is popular there.

Join us

I frequent both sites equally. Reddit is really only good for gaming communities so that's why I come here for other things.

Nu. Die in a fire!

all of the fucking normies are ruining this board

i always laugh when i see this

>thread where we talk about actual issues with the board culture
>regurgitates the most tired and unfunny shitpost meme
>gets called out
>N-NO, YOU'RE A SPERG YEAH YOU SPERG
Kill you are self

Sperg more

>le euro hatchback cuckbox ;))))
Fuck off, small hatchbacks can be great fun

It's true though.

My least fav part is that everybody talks about some nonsense and literally pointless Niggerring lap times. And discusdong exotic sports car that they never ever driven, which are pointless anyway. Upon entering Veeky Forums I expected to see million pages of DIY tutorials, car maintenance, pros and cons of daily engines, common issues and problems related with certain models. Now its just pure shitposting, absolutely no stuff related on working on your car or any other useful stuff. Hurr durr vayper versus shitstang, haha one is better than another because it won lap by 0.0001seconds. Wow, couldnt fucking care less. Shitty miatas, civics and muh LS swaps

Americans getting triggered with the drop of a hat

I have 140hp and it is more than plenty for daily and racing.

Sperg more

>people not getting bored
They actually do get bored, thats why you see same shitposting and anons all the time. Everyone who has atleast some functional part of their brains either leave this board or rarely visit, while the other dumbasses with their trashtalking keep this board alive.

I hate how they always judge my penis.

>LS swaps
This, especially when talking about swapping with other v8 cars and doing cross brand swaps. I swear people here don't know it's possible to build an engine.

I hate the fact that maybe 5% of the posters on here have driven something with more than 500hp, yet try to debate whether their barges on leaf springs think they can turn or be daily driven in anything other than highways. You little muricans don't know shit about cornering.

Why bother building up a shit engine to make semi-decent power when an LS can make way more for less money, while being lighter and more compact to boot?
The LS is literally the ultimate tuner engine.

>Upon entering Veeky Forums I expected to see million pages of DIY tutorials, car maintenance, pros and cons of daily engines, common issues and problems related with certain models
This would be a dream come true.

I'm referring to people who unironically think 440 magnums and 426 hemis should be swapped for LS1s.

Unfortunately, it wont happen. Simply because Veeky Forums is like whore - people come and go, nothing is properly archived like in forums is. No one has time to post or do something productive. I, personally, visit Veeky Forums everytime I go to take a shit. Rest of time Id rather browse something else

Imageboards are extremely transient by design, so putting effort into posts that will just disappear in a few hours or days is a waste of energy. Topics such as the ones you want to read about are better covered on forums that exist for every manufacturer and model of car out there. They may not be as fast, but that's not the point.

Lol op is a newfag who doesn't understand Veeky Forums or what makes good cars good. I've driven 3 cars over 500hp and even was allowed to take one through a few autoX sessions. I had a car with over 300 to the wheels that would go 175 mph.

Now my car might have 110 hp and I've had it for 9 years (used to be just my second project car) and I couldn't imagine trading it for anything.

My absolute least favorite?

The people on here acting as if lap times are the only thing that matters despite the fact that probably 95% of everyone on this board couldn't even push their car close to its limits

this, op is a fag who thinks doing 0 60 half a second faster matters

Hah yeah can't believe people think they're allowed to opine on cars even though they don't daily a Koenigsegg, what a bunch of cucks

>muh 0-60
does he have a tesla?

>What is your least favorite part about Veeky Forums?
Weebs.
They have shit taste.

THIS THIS A THOUSAND TIMES THIS.

I would actively start masturbating right now if I could find a '13 GT500 for that price. And I'm at work surrounded by people right now.

This this this. So fucking much this.

>drove 1100hp corvette once
anything that doesn't do a burnout in reverse feels slow now

Is what you say when O.P. unloads a nut in your butt.

what the fuck is a power to weight ratio? sounds gay

I hate that everyone will argue with you no matter how valid, unassuming or neutrally biased your comment is.

>Power is boring
Now I've seen it all

pic also related

I've driven a tesla p90d and i can say i'd still rather take my japanese shitbox around a track, despite the tesla being faster.

>inb4 it's not the same
yes it is. Going fast in a straight line
A - takes no skill
B - is boring as a result of A
C - people who glorify going in a straight line and highway pulls are literally the worst of the car enthusiasts, second to stancefafags. They have no idea how to control their car and just keep dumping money into it to make it faster for bragging rights until it catches up to them and they go sideways into a crowd.

Go to any track day, and those are going to be the real enthusiasts. The people who know what they're talking about, the people who don't pay other people to work on their shit. The people who aren't going to send their car through 10 people leaving a car meat or get stuck on railroad tracks. And you know what? Most of them don't have cars with 500hp, and most of them probably haven't driven a car with 500hp.

I guarantee you OP has never driven a car sub 2500lbs around a track. If he has he wouldn't be talking right now.

The worst bit is when anons try and bait Mrcrummy or this fucker into an argument and inevitably succeed and the rest of the thread turns into shitposting about dogfucking or 0.9l diesel fiats. I did not come here for this shit.

Also, GM vs Ford. I don't even like GM but I really fucking hate Ford shills.

>people actually think having a majority of ignorant posters is exclusive to Veeky Forums

Were you guys born yesterday? Hate to brake it to you: that's life in general.

>...go sideways into a crowd.
i see what you did there kek

>car enthusiasts
>the people who don't pay other people to work on their shit
Yeah, these really aren't always the same thing.
While it's true many enthusiasts work on their own cars, there are plenty with expensive vehicles who never would. Some of it may have to do with free time or lack of specific knowledge, but it's also risky from a financial point of view, as well as possibly fucking up the resale value of the car.

I daily a bugatti so I'm one of the few on this board qualified to discuss cars :^)

>iv driven the most brain dead car with torque, you better listen to me

Drive a 5/6 speed making over 500 wheel and you would take your shitbox to the nearest crusher.

Only reason to have a sub 2700 lb car making 200hp is for autocross, anything outside that and you a cuck faggot.

The general infantile attitude so many of the users here have. And how this entire board is simply a scratched record or a song always on repeat.
God, I swear each time I see an idiot sing the praises of an LS swap I also see them not understand the time and the cost it takes to do so. Sorta like who doesn't realize that the money you'd have to tune an LS was spent on installing it on the first place. But really, spend the money on maintaining the engine and use whatever you would have spent on modifying and tuning either engine and spend it on a high performance driving course, you'll see better results from sharper skills than more power that you'd probably couldn't control anyways.

Normies are ruining every board. Where the fuck are they all coming from

I hate how you can make a good argument and apparently it's proper to handwave it away with an insult rather than actually address it. So it's not about making the best argument, it's about making the best emotional appeal.
I don't think the flavor of the month tripfag posting the umpteenth Corvette vs GTR thread is anywhere near a "normie".