Germans intentionally design their cars to fall apart after the warranty expires, and be expensive as possible to fix...

Germans intentionally design their cars to fall apart after the warranty expires, and be expensive as possible to fix. They are built to be disposable, like an iPhone. Why would you willingly buy a German car knowing this?

own a Mercedes W168 A-Class from 1998. Next car will be a japanese. And yeah. Today german cars are a bit shitty but not that shitty.

It's not that they are bad cars, the problem is they do the same things Jap and Murican cars do with more parts and more complication. I feel sorry for people who see a cheap german car with 100k+ miles on CL and go "oh wow what a deal!"
>Mfw retard brother bought a decade old, 100k mile BMW 330

postin in bmw thead

I bought a 13 year old BMW E60 with nealy 400k miles.
One of the best cars i've ever owned, dead reliable, comfy and powerful.

>a reliable bmw

Sounds too good to be true, therefore it is.

BMWs are more reliable than any American manufacturer.
The only Jap company that builds more reliable cars than BMW is Toyota.
BMW/Porsche/Benz builds some of the most reliable cars you can buy.

>Why would you willingly buy a German car knowing this?

People don't buy them. Smart people lease German cars and trade them in before they fall apart.

But all evidence not including your anecdote says otherwise.

You can try and try and Veeky Forums will never believe it.
Meanwhile they don't even know that you're supposed to use distilled water to refill batteries, don't know how to change window wiper rubber, put 0W-40 into their 30y old cars and whine about oil leaking mysteriously.

I can post statistical evidence.
Your evidence is anecdotal because you are poor and you've never been near a German car.

Actually I'm poor because I was near a German car. It just started sucking money right out of my wallet.

OP builds his threads to be complete garbage and have nothing of value as soon as he hits post. Why would he willingly do this?

If only there were French cars.

You don't, OP. You lease it. Lease it and make sure the dealer takes it back and you never see it again. Why would you lease one? Because you work in sales and you need to impress clients with your "status" in life. So you lease some status and that helps you increase sales, so hopefully you come out ahead on it. BMW takes their cut and everybody wins. Except for the customers, I guess. But screw them.

E60's are really reliable, sounds like your brain has caved in from the memes

Say that to my crown vic BITCH

>R63 AMG
Is that the minivan? That fucking figures

that could happen to any _63 merc

Yeah but I imagine the majority of that is the labor involved in disassembling and reassembling the front end of the R, doubt that would happen in an E63

What kind of retarded piece of shit buys an amg minivan?

The one who has a familiy, while trying to deal with midlife crisis?

He should have gotten the E63 AMG Estate then, who the fuck buys a performance minivan?

>Buick and Chevy above Honda

Trash

>If only there were French cars.
There are, but JD power only tests cars in the American market

getting tired of this meme from jealous bus riders or shitty civic owners.

bmw engines and drivetrains are bulletproof for the most part. parts are marginally more expensive, but working on the vehicles is incredibly straightforward.

yea if you take it to an import shop or dealership you will get raped, well duh that's every place.

owned an e36 for years and own an e90 now.

these cars are great.

Would it be a bad idea to learn basic car maintenance on a BMW?
I'm not looking to go full mechanic, but I've heard that you save tons of money on upkeep if you can do at least some of the work yourself on Euro cars.

No it's not a bad idea as long as you get something with a straight six

You can do all the work yourself, yea it'd be a great car to learn basic and a little more advanced car care.

My car has a low mileage and has been treated well by prior owners, and considering the low price, I think it was a great purchease.