What the heck?

what the heck?

surely the government can't expect electric vehicles to be adequate enough by 2040 to *ban* fossil fuel vehicles?

thank god motorcycles arent included in the ban, /dbt/ is safe

Other urls found in this thread:

infowars.com/uk-police-force-tells-people-to-call-emergency-number-over-offensive-tweets/
youtube.com/watch?v=AnETtiRdTjU
discord.gg/FpPyV
youtu.be/5gFGX43vubM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its just political smoke. It's like most of global warming legislation - you put a deadline 20-30 years in the future to make it look like you'll do something about it but the next year you revise the law with a deadline 30-40 years in the future.

ELECTRIC IS A MEME

BUT ETHANOL NEEDS TO GET THE FUCK OUT OF GAS FORMULATIONS, "UP TO 10%" AND THEY SNEAK IT IN THE FINE PRINT AT SOME STATIONS

FUCKING CORN FARMING LOBBY AND THEIR SUBSIDIES, JUST BE HAPPY PUTTING THAT SHIT AS SWEETENER IN EVERY PROCESSED FOOD IN AMERICA
FUCK OUTTA MY GAS YA CORN CUNTS

Why are those labeled New York?

this is actually kinda serious, i wonder if it extends to 2nd hand car sales and how it affects registration

2040 might as well be 2400, it's just clickbait and virtue signaling and posturing - none of those faggots actually mean it.

>britain
why do you even read news regarding britain?
its a fucking meme country. it shouldnt concern you at all, dont waste precious braincells on trying to understand what those childraping nannystate faggots are up to next.

because they're limited release cans for that particular region

i bet there's a slight formulation difference. Didn't New York ban sugary drinks in public or something dumb like that?

>literally the British and French Gov'ts right now.

in 2001 there was legislation to make it mandatory that 25% of all cars on the road hybrids by 2025. That was later amended in 2005 without the mandatory requirement and before the plug-in car incentives were made available in 2014. Currently, as of 2016, 1.47% of all registered cars in the UK are plug-in hybrids or electrical.

NYC tried to ban the sale of large containers of soda, but it got thrown out for being unconstitutional in some fashion

>itt: braindead republicans shit up another thread

New York is so fucking stupid

t. New Yorker

>getting mad over this
Where were you cucks when they kept raising the taxes on diesel ? The tax on diesel in the UK is more than I pay for a gallon of diesel here.
And of course
>government intervention
>ever helping
Lmao.

complaining about vehicles in the UK is futile. the british government doesn't want people to own cars.

got a call from my insurance company saying they were going to cancel my cuckbox insurance if i didn't stop speeding.

its fucking shit here lads

>itp: moronic liberal thinks batteries and power plants are clean and that oil still won't need to be drilled even if electric memes are 100% of the market

>UK
infowars.com/uk-police-force-tells-people-to-call-emergency-number-over-offensive-tweets/

im not a liberal?

and yes power plants are clean dumbass. they literally don't pollute.

Good. I love driving but I hate the noise.
Can't wait for all electric cars.

.....not sure if retarded or troll. But I'll bet retarded.

If they can find a way to produce ethanol more efficiently, why wouldn't we want that? You don't want more power that's safer than pump gas?

>FUCK OUTTA MY GAS YA CORN CUNTS
What is wrong with ethanol?

gasoline was supposed to be banned by 1980

This. My car is compatible to E10 (10% ethanol) and I notice 0 difference between that and 98 octane fuel.

It also has half the energy density of petrol.
And only survives due to fucking subsidies.
And is hydrophilic so it attracts water (enjoy that shit in your engine).

Yeah the subsidies are shite but if they could produce it without consuming as much energy as the fuel they make, it'd be great. Because you have to burn more of it, it cools your cylinders more than gas. I'm pretty sure modern cars have fuel systems that can deal with ethanol, just don't let it sit in your tank forever.

>more power
Ethanol contains less energy per volume than "pure" gasoline does

About 12 megajoules per liter less, to be specific. 32.4 MJ/l compared to 20.9 MJ/l.

Corn ethanol exists because petroleum companies can continue to charge their normal gas prices (or even upcharge) for ethanol blended gasoline that they don't pay a dime for because the government subsidizes the corn that's used for it and they government also gives oil companies incentives to do it.So the opil companies make more money per barrel blending ethanol in. And then they tack on some extra on top of that for "research and development" of further ethanol fuels.

Blended fuel has 96.5% of the potential energy that "pure" gasoline has. So it requires 4% more fuel to go any given distance.

So they make more product at less cost and they sell more of it. So you're basically getting shafted at every turn

Ethanol blended gasoline is hydrophilic and causes gas to "spoil" because of that attractiveness to water.

youtube.com/watch?v=AnETtiRdTjU

> if they could produce it without consuming as much energy as the fuel they make
I'm not a physicist but I do believe that's impossible based on the First Law of Thermodynamics

brb adding 5% water to my gas tank to cool my cylinders

>TFW used to do shit like that as a child
>also used to love trains (particularly inner city tram systems)
>could probably come up with a laundry list of other shit
>remember reading some "if you do this you're autistic" chart a while back and around 75% of it applied to me as a kid

Do I have the ass burgers? I don't really have trouble socializing or anything and I don't really do any of that shit anymore.

My guess would be something to do with the can recycling deposit thingy. So, you get 5 cents per can in New York and 15 cents a couple states over, some Kramer-type lunatic might try to smuggle an entire dumpster of cans over the state line to get a few hundred dollars. But that's totally a conjecture, I couldn't find anything researching it.

Close.

There's apparently a tax on cans used in New York that aren't made and stamped there. So they put "New York" on the cans at the bottling facility to comply with the tax

pretty interesting, actually. Thanks, user

So much this. Ethanol is a shitty meme and doesn't even have close to the same energy as gas so you use and pay for more.

>E85 is cheaper where I live
>I can use it to run more boost with no problems
>a meme
KYS senpai. 10% fuel economy loss for a significant increase in boost and a lower cost is a fair trade. Poor fags need not apply.

>uses e85
>calls others poor

e85 had about 35% less energy in it than gasoline.
It spoils more quickly than regular gasoline, it destroys rubber, while it may have the benefit of a cooler charge, because you're have to use more of it, it's actually harder on your internals running that extremely advanced timing. Say hello to crank slop.

Cornohol is a big agra subsidy and the fertilizer used to produce it ends up in the oceans.

Ethanol gives the illusion of green power, but that's all the greenies really want is a virtue signal.

>but that's all the greenies really want is a virtue signal
This explains CURRENT YEAR succinctly. Every-fucking-thing they do.

>literally fake news
>can't afford a car that's built to run high boost

I can sort of see it working, assuming it focuses on new cars only. If it bans all private sales or used car dealerships(not sure if thats a thing over there) then its fucking stupid.

In theory assuming they don't find some way to fuck it up, the folks who want a new car and can afford it will have to buy non-gas/diesel vehicles.

The people on a budget can go with used cars of varying quality until the 2039 vehicles are too shit to be worth patching up. Assuming they work out the logistical issues of whatever alt power they go with, that should be about 10-30 years(2070?) for the rest of the population to pick up a used alt powered car for a hopefully reasonable price.

Assuming the global Oil market doesn't make personal vehicles too expensive to fuel, Hopefully the gradual switch over will keep things from getting to crazy price wise.

Electric has issues, at least in North America. The infrastructure and production facilities needs a likely multi billion dollar overhaul, likely closer to trillion with the increased demand due to the charging of 20 million electric cars.

Maybe we can get lucky and the nuclear diamond thing will hit a major breakthrough.

>E85 is cheaper
>a lower cost
>Poor fags need not apply.
What did he mean by this?

You're also forgetting ethanol improves emissions and by providing its own oxygen in the fuel. This combined with the additional evaporative cooling allows much more efficient combustion.

Its not all Gubmint killen muh fuel lines and subsidies my dude.

t - student of an engine researcher

Agreed. City is a hell of a lot worse than the rest of the state though.

idk. Something about boost temperature? Big block cars running on 100 octane had twin screw and roots superchargers in the 60s so idk what he's going on about.

Electric cars are superior, Europe will lead the way once again

can't wait for graphene batteries, will be as revolutionary as the transistor

thx I was having a shit day

its so smol

Tesla has only truly produced their own cars for 5 years, I'm not worried that VAG, Daimler, GM, Ferd, etc will be able to produce compelling and affordable electric cars with 500+ miles of range by 2040.

Plus, autonomous car development will probably be such that by 2040 most people won't want to own cars anyway.

>calling others poor
>too poor to afford c16 or building an engine to run methanol.
Lmaoing at your bean eating life faggot.

Yeah that's cool and everything 1st world Europe but when are you gonna ban the sale of Lithium & Battary powered cars?

Or actually,

Hey World, how about this one:

When are you gonna tell China to stop being being your 2.37 billion acre factory?

Actually, even better:

When are you gonna realize that an economic system, that endlessly consumes resources for the sake of ever expanding growth, cannot sustain even 4 billion people?

Let alone the 10 billion we're probably gonna reach within our lifetime?

And to every last one of you that's about to argue otherwise hear me the fuck out:

It's exactly because capitalism has reduced the automobile to a utilitarian appliance that's so often out of a millennial's reach, that we've come to this point in our car culture where waxing petrolicious-tier poetry about the cars we love have become an alien language.

Didn't Parks and Recreation have a whole episode about that?

>Waiting on battery break throughs that will never happen

>already exist
>never happening

>already exist
>not commercially viable because it costs a metric fuckton to make

you can create similar structures with hemp???

besides, just because it costs a lot to produce now doesn't mean it will cost a lot to produce in the future, look at carbon fiber

hey soviet. i created a shitposting discord. why don't you join?

>implying burgertard politicians will ever allow anything to be made of hemp because the war on drugs is too profitable

because I want to shitpost here

Do you think I will fall for your trap? taking all shitposter to discord as to "save" Veeky Forums from us?

>america will lose the supercapacitor race

BTFO
T
F
O

no silly. im Alphonse.

discord.gg/FpPyV

you can shitpost at both places. come join

ohh..

This. Every fucking policy the government has right now is trying to pander and virtue signal.

>linking Infowars for anything

It won't mix. You need a separate water injection system, this can be mapped to the volumetric efficacy of your engine to artificial increase the compression ratio at lower VE levels this gives more power even on an NA engine.

Just add some isopropyl to make the water soluble in gasoline.

>FUCKING CORN FARMING LOBBY AND THEIR SUBSIDIES, JUST BE HAPPY PUTTING THAT SHIT AS SWEETENER IN EVERY PROCESSED FOOD IN AMERICA
>FUCK OUTTA MY GAS YA CORN CUNTS
Ethanol gets worse milage per dollar. 91 premium gets the best miles per gallon and also miles per dollar.

The farming of corn for the use of ethanol actually creates more pollution than using pure 91 gasoline.
Ethanol destroys anything but newer cars.
Ethanol makes food cost more because less crops make it to the food market and more make it to an ethanol processing plant.

Aren't they just banning the sale of them? So you can still own whatever you had. Still pure insanity, I'm praying America and Australia don't go full cuck.

I would ban the sale of the production and sale of all new cars by 2040.
Forcing manufacturers to design cars that can be maintained indefinitely.

It's the new MSM because the current MSM just discredits it's self daily.

If they try to pull that shit here some places are going to get shot up

>use slave labour to destroy the earth and mine non-renewable resources to make batteries that have a limited life span and are dangerous to dispose of

IT'S BETTER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT

Well Europe is already a shithole for gas powered cars, so this can't make it much worse. It's going to be nice to go downtown London and actually be able to hold a conversation and not have all those fucking arabs revving their lambos and ferrari's.

>its a fucking meme country.

I hope you aren't American. Because while your statement is true, we can all agree that America is literally MEME LAND of the world.

>America is literally MEME LAND of the world
Is that good or bad?

It really depends. All kids stack and line up shit.

The real indicator is when you interfere with their stack or line and they start freaking out.

California had one.
Deadline is "met".

they're going to be adequate by 2025

by 2040 you'll get a 500 mile range, 5 minute charge shitbox for $18 grand

>by 2040 you'll get a 500 mile range, 5 minute charge

Politicians actually believe that you know, despite the total lack of evidence it is possible.

well i'm not from the US, nor am i living there.
but you are right. both these countries are memes.
the UK is a meme because you are never allowed to grow up there, everything remotely enjoyable is banned and youre pretty much forced to strech your asshole in case some moosleem wants to rape you.

the US is a meme because some people cant fathom the idea that your life isnt 100% regulated by the government. Go ahead, tell me youre from the UK and you arent jelly of americans. Lie to yourself. Do it.

This is why terrorism exists

>putting an arbitrary cap on battery energy density and charge rate
that's sort of like saying "computers will never get smaller than a big room sized monstrosity" back in the 50s.

Except it's true. The energy density of lithium batteries hasn't gone up significantly in decades. You'd need a whole new battery technology to make a jump in energy density. Currently batteries are no where near gasoline in terms of this and that's why every electric car is going to be heavy as fuck for years to come.

You can't just magically invent something and say "whelp by the time this arbitrary date comes around it'll be fixed I'm sure"

This is why we the USA are not in the paris climate accord. It's fake global warming carbon credit Rothschild money making scheme. Banning cars and mega cities is all part of agenda 21.

"news" this far into the future is fake and clickbait. you can't prove it one way or another, because it's much too far out to be predicted. you have completely fallen for the meme. This is about as bad as paying attention to newspapers in 1960 who said we'd all be taking personal helicopters to work in 2000

>forcing car manufacturers to make cars that need repair every week, so they can still make money selling parts
good work

>they're going to be adequate by 2025
They're already adequate for bongland. You can drive across the entirety of that island in a half a day. Current EV range is more than enough for the UK.

It's more like saying "Planes went from mach 0.5 to 1 in the 1940s, so there should be planes that can fly mach 128 today."

This desu. We need another great war to wipe out at least 70% of. The world's population. Hopefully all niggers get swooshed away so we can move from identity politics to tackling real problems.

Electric from a performance standpoint is better in so many ways, the main thing is getting the capacity and recharging on par with fuel. Which for 2040 doesn't seem off, if anything it might be a bit slow if more companies can match Tesla and Chevy's 200+ range.

youtu.be/5gFGX43vubM

Can you show me where "greenies" are advocating for corn ethanol? Anybody with two braincells to rub together knows that the production of corn is more damaging to the environment than sticking to straight gasoline.

>hurr durr muh virtue signal
Nice meme

It's only new cars.

USED CAR MARKET WINS AGAIN

Where was I mate?

Down the chippy, getting waste veg oil at £2 a gallon to run my 1995 diesel on, I've been doing it for nearly a decade and the chap who runs the shop keeps it on one side for me.

Super comfy living

They'll just ban pre-2000 cars from all major cities.

>Anybody with two braincells to rub together knows that the production of corn is more damaging to the environment than sticking to straight gasoline.

That's only true for one nation in the world, and only viable because the government there is so week they are wrapped around the fingers of the corn farmers.