Thoughts on the veloster, Veeky Forums? Test driving a 2014 turbo with 31k miles on it this weekend. They're asking 16k...

Thoughts on the veloster, Veeky Forums? Test driving a 2014 turbo with 31k miles on it this weekend. They're asking 16k.

Currently drive a wrangler that's about to hit 100 thousand miles and I want something unique that won't break down on me every 4 months

Other urls found in this thread:

atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/lexus-is-stickshift/6235977230.html
atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/d/bmw-ci-speed-zhp-package/6225436133.html
atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/d/bmw-mi-speed-adult-owned/6213331514.html
atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/d/bmw-tt-sport-manual-for-sale/6224156877.html
atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/d/mercedes-amg-hp/6225396339.html
atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/mercedes-benz-clk-amg-only/6232186933.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are way better hatches you can get for 16k; the Veloster is shit.

I'm listening.

civic
impreza
golf/gti

>buying a used high strung boyracer mobile

Just lease a new one.

An off the lot brand new Fiesta ST can be had for $17000. They are basically giving them away.

>Fiesta ST
>Focus ST
You will get a slightly faster car with better driving dymanics. The trade-off is a worse interior with terrible plastics with a terrible layout. Transmissions are apparently made of glass.

>VW GTI
You will get the Bentley of hatches in terms of refinement and interior quality, and impressive driving dynamics. The trade-off is these things inexplicably sell for not a dollar less than retail value, yet cost the most to maintain.

16k cash or financing? Why would you drive a jeep if you don't like it?

I think it has a pretty dumb name, like the gooks decided to make it sound like a dinosaur

Financing. I've had my jeep since 2008 and it'll still get a good price. It's having enough problems to warrant selling though. Probably can get around 9k for it.

It's a fucking Hyundai Accent. if you don't like the Accent, the Veloster is just as shit.

Do you owe money on the jeep? What do you actually want in a car?

>The trade-off is these things inexplicably sell for not a dollar less than retail value, yet cost the most to maintain.

Not true. End-of-year incentives and patience in finding the right dealer can lead to nearly 5K below MSRP.

Cost of regular maintenance is not that much different from any other vehicle. Cost to replace something out of warranty, however, is. The DQ250 DSG is an amazing six-speed DCT, and when properly serviced (religious changing of the trans fluid every 40,000, and I mean exactly every 40,000 miles) it will outlast the car. If it breaks, though...

>DQ250 replacements are ~$12,000

While I own a MK7 GTI and am very biased towards it, given your budget, I have to go with suggesting something like the Fiesta ST. Great bang for the buck, and while the interiors are standard Ford fare (ex. shit) the engine is solid, and their aftermarket support is impressive.

I only wish they had a competitive DCT offering for the STs along with the manuals.

No it's all payed for.

I love the size of my wrangler. it's so easy to park and maneuver, and living in the city of Atlanta, it handles the shit roads easily. I've made smart investments and have a steady (albeit, lower) income, so I want to finance and invest a good chunk of the money from the wrangler. It's a beautiful vehicle but my commute is doing damage to her and my wallet.

I want something sporty but on the smaller end, something that would look good with tinted windows, and something with a bit more hp than what I'm working with.

It's hard when you've driven such a specific vehicle for 9+ years

This is how I see it: you have a few guys to pick from to date. Well call the GTI, idk, Greg. He’s cute in an everyday guy-next-door kinda way. Not model hot but when he dresses up right he can look like quiet the badboy in his own respect. Your parents love Greg. He’s nice to you, and he’s reliable. He’ll be there for your kids 20 years from now.

The FoST is a different type of beast. I guess I’ll call him Tyrone. At first glance he’s pretty ugly but for some unkown reason you’re attracted to him. He’s nothing like Greg. he’s loud, boisterous, and while you’re parents joke around with him when you first bring him home once you turn your back they give each other that “what is he thinking??” look. No denying that Tyrone gives you one hell of a ride, but people WILL judge you when they see you out in public with him and after the initial honeymoon phase wears off eventually you’ll start noticing these glares…everywhere…and Tyrone’s appeal will start to wain.

Do the right thing, bring home Greg. You won’t regret it, but your mind will drift, even years later, imagining what could have been with Tyrone.

Why not a mustang or something?

For that money you can get a used FiST

the interiors look like generic garbage

>caring about tinted windows
Just get a v6 accord.

You're talking about buying a Hyundai. How can you call anything else generic garbage?

>calling the mustang interior generic garbage
>this isn't generic garbage

Interior is far from generic. A kind user in a previous thread said the center stack looks like a robot vagina. Pretty much the antithesis of generic.

Here you go OP, save you some money and have a nice car
atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/lexus-is-stickshift/6235977230.html

It looks shitty like all economy car interiors. It'll age like shit.

Buy this. It's been listed forever so he should be negotiable.
atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/d/bmw-ci-speed-zhp-package/6225436133.html

atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/d/bmw-mi-speed-adult-owned/6213331514.html

atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/d/bmw-tt-sport-manual-for-sale/6224156877.html

atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/d/mercedes-amg-hp/6225396339.html

atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/mercedes-benz-clk-amg-only/6232186933.html

wtf that's the same as a ford fiesta

I thought BMW's after 100k miles went to shit?

They do
Holy fuck that CLK is sex

Mileage is a meme. How it was maintained is more important. Those are the cleanest ones I saw.

theyre awesome cars. My dad owns a blaack one like the one in the picture. and id say theyre better than most of wats out there and the gdi sounds badass straightpiped. dont listen to any of the idiots who've never even sat in one and listen to someone who drives one regularly.

this is extremely gay

OP get this, get it now

shit in every way, shape, and form
>heavy
>slow
>numb steering
>3 doors
>ugly
>non existent aftermarket
its just a shitty car. Only good part is its reliable and I makes decent mpgs besides that this car should rot

>listen to someone who drives one regularly
That sounds equally biased.

LS Swap an RX-8 FE

>boyracer with smoked headlights and tinted windows shills beat car on Veeky Forums
You can fuck right off

>transmissions are made of glass
nigga where's the source? my FiST is still running strong at 46k, the DCTs which are on the regular fiesta and focus are made out of complete garbage