Sup Veeky Forums. I'm moving to the Minnesota for 6 years on an H1B visa and I'll need a car...

Sup Veeky Forums. I'm moving to the Minnesota for 6 years on an H1B visa and I'll need a car. I have no idea of what the models there are like, so I thought I'd ask you guys some suggestions. I currently drive a MultiJet Giulietta. I know it's snowy there so the car needs to fit some parameters:
>fun wheel drive
>under 10k
>over 200hp
>can be a sedan or a coupe, I don't mind either
>good resistance to corrosion
Have this pic of this qt as a token of my gratitude.

Other urls found in this thread:

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/d/chevrolet-impala-dr-sedan-ltz/6227985721.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/mazda-miata/6225608215.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/bmw/6188820754.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/miata-xxx-miles/6195820191.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/bmw-xi-rare-manual-awd/6235155530.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/infiniti-coupe-low-miles/6199691363.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/acura-integra-type/6223653343.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/bmw-mt-triple-black/6212197548.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/ls-swapped-bmw-ci-trade-for/6234654561.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/mazda-miata-original-miles/6208076561.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/d/bmw-as-low-as-down/6193633326.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/d/honda-civic-si/6215345894.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/honda-civic-si-sedan-obo/6201334919.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/d/honda-civic-coupe-si-moonroof/6233635041.html
youtube.com/watch?v=9iTxa6F0AXo
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/d/nissan-leaf-sv-one-owner-miles/6206551604.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4hdfI6rCuBc
atf.gov/qa-category/nonimmigrant-aliens
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>H1B
FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

Keep in mind in the US you'll have to get an evaluation to get an elevated license to drive a manual transmission. So unless you want to deal with that be open to autos. Maybe if you have prior military service they might take that as proof of competency instead.

No car can resist the corrosion from the amount of snow we get in minnesota. Unless you're going to wash the car weekly through the winter plan on it rotting in less than 6 years. Something like a pontiac grand am or ford focus will do you well. Or an older truck. Don't get attached to it.

>Keep in mind in the US you'll have to get an evaluation to get an elevated license to drive a manual transmission.
>implying my license isn't international and certified for manuals

No car for you, Somali scumbag. You can ride a wheelbarrow.

Don't you guys drive manuals without retaking your licenses all the time? Most of the "first time driving manual" fags are literally buying cars and just driving them,

Minnesota has no restrictions on transmission type for the standard driving license. Anything above class D is for CDL or commercial needs.

>H1B
>Somali
Are there even universities in Somalia? kek

I.. is he serious?

lol what.

A license is a license. I can't find anything stating that an international license brought to the U.S would have any kind of stipulations like that.

Anyways, tons of options op. You've got a big budget for a FWD shitbox. In my area (Northwest US) you can get a used Focus ST for under $9k, so that might be a fun option.

Really depends on personal tastes I suppose.

>MultiJet Giulietta
DIESEL
I
E
S
E
L

FIAT
I
A
T

>Tfw your joke is going over these peoples heads

>tfw then it's a shit joke isn't it?

You're a sad clown aren't you.

DESU he's probably a poo in loo

That's not strictly legal, but it's not like anyone pulls them over and checks their transmissions. Not hard to get a manual license though. Note from your doctor and an extended road test. Unfortunately it can be revoked if you are injured or receive mental health treatment.

This may not be the case in all 50 states.

What fucking US state has a manual transmission endorsement? That's a britbong thing.

I was thinking of something bigger, maybe a midsize. I don't mind buying an older car.
What do you guys think of this one?
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/d/chevrolet-impala-dr-sedan-ltz/6227985721.html

Oh and also do you think I could talk that price down and that I could get rid of the silly wing? I wouldn't mind buying a junkyard bootlid if necessary.

Yeah you could get rid of it, a junkyard trunk would probably be the best option. Just removing it will leave holes in the lid, so best to just swap it out. Would be pretty cheap.

As for impalas, meh. They're bland low-profile DDs bought by the masses. AFAIK they didn't have any glaring problems, so have at it. Not very enthusiast-ish however, so if you want something to mod and fuck with while you're here I would look elsewhere.

Well, it has 302 HP. I think it could be funnier than the FiST. Plus it's discrete af, specially in silver.

Makes another 100hp, but weighs another 1,000 pounds.

In terms of price, yeah they'll drop the price, especially if you get good at haggling and know your shit before you go in. Check average sold price on something like cars.com or another comparison site to get an idea of how much wiggle room you have when haggling.

here OP. found some cars for you.

private sellers > stealerships

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/mazda-miata/6225608215.html

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/bmw/6188820754.html

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/miata-xxx-miles/6195820191.html

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/bmw-xi-rare-manual-awd/6235155530.html

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/infiniti-coupe-low-miles/6199691363.html

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/acura-integra-type/6223653343.html

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/bmw-mt-triple-black/6212197548.html

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/ls-swapped-bmw-ci-trade-for/6234654561.html

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/mazda-miata-original-miles/6208076561.html

or this

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/d/bmw-as-low-as-down/6193633326.html

not biting your b8
none of those is fun wheel drive, and there's too much snow in Minnesota, I won't risk it.
thanks for the heads up m8, will check that out
what other discreet midsize FWD 200+ hp cars can someone get in that price range?

>some months from now, on minnesotan newspapers
>wannabe rally driver frog slides into a tree and dies

>GM

We don't get the Giulietta and with Fiat having only been re-introduced to the USA in 2012, Fiats aren't all that cheap yet, though you could probably find a 500.

Things to remember:
Manual transmissions are legitimately rare. 6% of car sales are manual
Citroen, Renault, Dacia, Peugeot, Opel, Vauxhall, Skoda, and Seat do not sell here. Alfa Romeo only has 2 cars stateside since they reintroduced themselves to America in 2014, the 4C, and the Giulia, so you won't find any cheap Alfa's here.
Volkswagen products are NOTORIOUSLY unreliable stateside.
V8 engined vehicles are cheap as dirt and everywhere. V8's virtually grow on trees here. We don't get taxed by displacement or by CO2 emissions, so big engines rule the roost here.

That said, I would recommend getting an ex-police Ford Crown Victoria for the full "MURIKA!" experience. 4.6L low power V8, cheap, big, RWD, automatic only, and synonymous with American culture.

So what brands does America have?
GM: Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, Oldsmobile (killed off in 2004), Pontiac (killed off in 2010), Saturn (killed off in 2010), Saab (sold off in 2010), Hummer (killed off in 2010), and GMC
Ford: Mercury (killed off in 2009), Lincoln
Mazda
Subaru
Tesla
Toyota: Lexus, Scion (Scion is specific to the American market. Killed in 2016. Brand was aimed at young people with almost limitless customization)
Honda: Acura
Nissan: Infiniti
VW: Audi, Porsche
Mercedes Benz: Smart
Suzuki (left US market after 2013 due to extremely poor sales)

Again, I would say to look at an American car if only to experience it.

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK NIGGER

>Volkswagen products are NOTORIOUSLY unreliable stateside.
is that because of being made in Mexico? I mean they're bad here too but not that bad. I know all those brands but was looking for model recommendations.
You guys have the Mondeo under the Fusion nameplate right? How does it compare with the 3.6L V6 Impala? Is there some high power model like that? I'm not too attracted to the ex cop car meme and I'd prefer FWD because of the low traction conditions. What does Chrysler/Dodge offer in that range? Is it competitive at all? The 300 is too big for me and also too flashy, I want something that blends in.
(You)
>implying nigger

I dont know what you mean by fun wheel drive?

Front Wheel Drive?
I have an integra listed there

All Wheel Drive?
I have an AWD BMW 325i listed

Rear Wheel Drive?
There is an Infiniti Coupe

Sounds like you didnt even look at any of those cars you stupid fuck.

Fun Wheel Drive=FWD=Front Wheel Drive
I was just being a cheeky cunt.
What's the Honda equivalent of the Integra? I want something inconspicuous.

>Honda Equivalent of the Integra
>Honda Equivalent of a Honda

lol anyway

minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/d/honda-civic-si/6215345894.html

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/honda-civic-si-sedan-obo/6201334919.html

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/d/honda-civic-coupe-si-moonroof/6233635041.html

Why don't you lease a 3.6L Chrysler 200? They even share the platform with your Giulietta so you'll feel right at home.

The honda integra is sold stateside as the acura integra, and in later generations as the acura RSX. Really nobody will see that it's an acura, and the acura brand holds very little cachet in the US anyways, so it's not like your car will be any more likely to get stolen than if it was a honda. If you must drive a honda however, there's always the prelude.

Keep in mind however that basically all of the "performance" hondas from the 90's are huge targets for theft, due to their parts value on the aftermarket. This applies to the civic, prelude, and especially the integra. Invest in a killswitch.

Yes, it's because they're made in Mexico. BMW, and Mini are also notoriously unreliable here.
Yes, the latest Modeo is sold here as the Fusion. The history there is kinda involved. Only the NEWEST Fusion is a Mondeo.
Older Fusions are their own beat, related to the Mazda 6. Before the Fusion, the US car of that size was the Ford Taurus. In the mid-late 90s, Ford did try to bring the Mondeo here as the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique, but the only exterior part is actually shared with the Mondeo were the door handles.

The 3.6L Impala is quick, but not as quick as the top of the line Fusion Sport. The top trim Fusion Sport gets an AWD system with a 2.7L twin turbo V6. Unsure if Europe gets an equivalent of that.

Chrysler's newer FWD car of that size would be the Chrysler 200 and Dodge Avenger. They're okay-ish. Their mid-size FWD cars used to be a LOT better before Mercedes bought out Chrysler in 1998.
The Impala doesn't compete with the Fusion btw. It competes with the Ford Taurus. The Fusion-equivalent in GM's line up is the Chevrolet Malibu and the Buick Regal (rebadged Opel Insignia)

>why don't you indebt yourself so you can drive a chrysler shitbox OP?

>Their mid-size FWD cars used to be a LOT better before Mercedes bought out Chrysler in 1998.
the weird dodge stratuses?

I like the idea of a Ford Fusion, is it available with that engine without the pigfat AWD?

Say what you will, The Stratus was a good car... The first gen cars at least. They even took them racing successfully

>is it available with that engine without the pigfat AWD?
no

If that's what you want, my suggestion will actually be an older 1989 to 1995 Ford Taurus SHO. They came with a Yamaha built 3.0L V6, FWD, a 5 speed manual and 220 HP> They were actually faster than V8 powered Ford Mustangs of the time

Thanks for the suggestion user but I think an old SHO will probably be unreliable. Seems like a typical abuse target.

I say get the Fusion OP, no lolpushrods and it looks much sikker than the chebby

Actually, the Japanese Yamaha-built engine is bulletproof.
Other interesting quick cars include the Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged (2005-2007) and the Saturn Ion Redline (2004-2007). They're about the size of an Opel Astra, and under the hood was a 205 HP supercharged and intercooled 2.0L I4. The suspension on them was tuned on the nurburgring.
Saturn is on the left, Chevy on the right. The Saturn has a door setup like a Mazda RX-8 and both cars are FWD

Those seem interesting and not too old. How do they compare to the LFX powered Impala? I admit I'm a bit obsessed with it since I watched Drive.
Nice meme user but it's a DOHC V6

They're about as quick as the Impala.
2008-2010 Cobalt SS' came with an even more powerful 2.0L Turbo making 260 HP, 290 HP with a tune available at the dealers. The 2008 Cobalt SS Turbo even held the lap record on the nurburgring for the fastest FWD production car for a while.
Those little fuckers are FAST
youtube.com/watch?v=9iTxa6F0AXo

Just FYI OP the one in Drive is supposedly the V8. ~300HP in 2011 could only mean the engine from the SS.

The V8 model was 2006-2009 only. 300 HP 5.3L V8

ITR/GS-R
>best handling FWD car
>VTEC kicked in yo!
>only comes in manual
>daily drive-ability
>nice seats
>indestructible engine
>nice aesthetic
>can easily be brought up to 200+ HP with some bolt-on's and a tune

If you're the standard issue Poo, the only car to get is a Honda Accord or a Toyota Camry. Don't you Poos talk to each other at all? You should already know this shit.

I'm not a poo lol, got it right even if he's a faggot

>regal
This is a great suggestion, get the turbocharged GS. It makes more torque than the Impala even if a little less peak power.
They say in the movie the car is a 2006 with a tune and that it makes 300hp.

i told him to get an ITR since there is one for sale in minnesota minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/acura-integra-type/6223653343.html

My bad, they don't state it's a 2006 in the movie but on IMCDb

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

GO BACK TO YOUR SHITHOLE

Didn't the midsize Impala compete with the Fusion though? I can see how the new full-size doesn't, but he was talking about 2012 models.
>What do you guys think of this one?
If your goal is to be invisible a Impala in Minnesota isn't the way to go. Get a Malibu instead, the Impala doesn't even make the top 10 sellers here.

>H1B

Well if you're African, a Toyota like the rest of them

If you're Mohammed, a sports car like the rest of them

If you're curry, a Porsche or Lexus like the rest of them

>Turbo GS
hmmm, really clonks the ol' bonker
Sounds like a pretty interesting sleeper
Your comment made me look up the best sellers and it turns out the best selling car is the Camry. I won't be seen in an Asian shitbox though, kek. That said, the Fusion ranks high.
Nice xenophobia. I support Trump BTW.
lol, je suis Française

What goes through the mind of someone actively trying to get a boring and generic car? I don't get these people. Your car serves as an extension of your personality, and you're projecting the image of lacking one with these choices. Your coworkers will see you as the dullest guy ever. FFS I bet you even dress in a boring way, wear a boring haircut and have boring hobbies.

>lol, je suis Française
Also see: Mohammed

The single trait the wagecuck world rewards most over all the others is conformity. I'd say it's more important to drive the same kind of car everyone else has parked out in the parking lot than whether or not the car is "boring".

As to what goes through the wagecuck mind? Obedience, conformity, and fear. Be on time, follow orders, avoid getting laid off, etc.

>What goes through the mind of someone actively trying to get a boring and generic car?
Probably
>i'm a poor as fuck arab and don't want to break down on the side of the road in Hicksville and get rape murder raped.

6 years means he's probably got an MD + residency visa. complete shit as we have plenty of dumbfuck token minorities here trying and failing to get in.

FUCK OFF NIGGER!

IDK m8 but this thread gives me the chills.
There's some shady shit going on:
>guy asks for a car that blends in, isn't flashy and even uses the word "inconspicuous"
>he also asks for a car that is at the high end of the FWD power range, since after 300hp it becomes hard to control
Either the guy is some kind of criminal, tax evader or spy. You know things are bad when France uses H1B visas to spy on Americans. Should we report this thread to some agency?
I get what you're saying but it's not like this guy doesn't care if the car is boring, he's been explicitly asking for boring cars and using suspicious words to ask for it.

Oh and every car he's posted is silver

why do you care if it's 200hp if you don't care if it's a sedan or coupe...

a 150hp lightweight coupe could be the same as a 300hp pigfat sedan.

It's not that you have to go out of your way to get and drive a boring car in this era. They all look the same with the same angry headlights and with varying shades of grey or silver.

I just want to be left alone and avoid giving biased first impressions, man. And I don't need "an extension" of my personality. What does some manager from a company you supply goods to think when you show up in a 90s Acura coupe? Doesn't seem very businesslike.
Fuck off. I'm a Food Engineer and I'm white.
>t. NEET
Nice paranoia. I'll be working as an engineering in a food processing plant. You're right about me trying to be inconspicuous and wanting the highest power I can control though, but that's only because I want a car that looks boring but is actually fun. Being miserable driving isn't on my plans.
Well, I'm moving to
>60%
And if SHTF and there's some chimpout, I'm going to use the gray man tactic. So funnily enough, the underlying idea of not becoming a victim is accurate. I also don't want to get ticketed for doing the same speed as everyone else on the road just because I'm driving a red sports car.
There's also lightweight sedans and pigfat coupes user, specially since they have to make the pillars so thick because lol no B pillar.
And bigger cars make better cruisers.
kek

>t. DGSE

>implying a DGSE agent would give all this info
>implying I'd be on a lousy H1B visa instead of some diplomatic committee if I was a spy
I'd expect a spy to not have to buy a car himself and to have a bigger budget tbqh. Whatever helps you sleep at night though.

> I'm a Food Engineer and I'm white
Sure you are, Mohammed.

>Nice paranoia
>proceeds with a prepper rant
Is this b8?

>t. 60%
If I was a sandnigger I'd be leeching the French welfare system, don't you think?
>calling someone a secret agent is the same as noticing chimpouts are part of Obama's legacy
Thanks Obama!

fpbp

>protip: get a fucking leaf and enjoy the HOV lane
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/d/nissan-leaf-sv-one-owner-miles/6206551604.html

>get a fucking leaf
thanks for the suggestion user, but that's ugly as sin
It was good banter, I'll give you that. I ignored the post because I didn't want a massive derailment.

oh and also tell me more about this HOV lane thing
if I manage to get a short commute then an EV could make sense if there's some that blends in well. IDK if the savings are worth it with gas being so cheap in the US though.

Maybe you're one of those sandniggers with a head full of nonsense about some fairy tale that involves some asshole called Allah.

turns out the only EV for that money in Minnesota is the Leaf, EVs out

Maybe you should have some damn respect for the country that made it possible to you to break free from the Anglo rule. We're as tired of sandniggers as you are.
>charlie hebdo
>bataclan
>nice
And that's not even an exhaustive list.

>ECOBOOST
>C
>O
>B
>O
>O
>S
>T

youtube.com/watch?v=4hdfI6rCuBc

>daily reminder that 0-60 is the only important day to day metric

but does it have direct injection?

kys

And then you all voted for, what's his name? Macaroni? Macaroon? Macron. Then you all voted for him. Guess some of you aren't tired enough of hearing about Allah and how great he is.

People here are too brainwashed to vote in their own interest

>I'm a Food Engineer
lmao. how the fuck did you slip through the visa cracks as a non nigger with a job like that?

>And if SHTF and there's some chimpout, I'm going to use the gray man tactic
get a gun faggit. you can have one on a visa.
>get MN hunting license
>buy gun
atf.gov/qa-category/nonimmigrant-aliens
or
>go on armslist
>be white
>buy gun