So I have been deciding between buying a 240sx or miata...

So I have been deciding between buying a 240sx or miata. I have no clue what to get but I know I'm going to be using it as a daily, I think im leaning towards the miata but still need some convincing. Help me out anons

240sx looks a lot better IMO but really it comes down to whether you want a convertible or a coupe and what you can find that isn't ruined or massively overpriced.

You'll never find a 240sx which hasn't DURIFTO modded into a fucking basket case for the price of a clean Miata.

Miatas are plentiful, the tax on them are nowhere near as bad as a 240sx esp rust free ones.

They look better than a 240sx (esp if the miata has a hardtop). They are more fun to drive than a 240sx, (assuming you don't plan on going sideways because drifting + short wheelbase = no bueno)

Sure the Miata doesnt have a backseat but lets be honest you have no friends and if you do they better have their own cars.

Uhhhh I dont know know what else to tell you.

I personally love 240sx and Miatas but the truth is the 240sx community/owners are delusional fuck boys.

Out of the two, the 240sx is probably the better daily
However, good luck finding a non raped 240sx

its not hard to find a non raped 240sx whats hard is find a non raped for for less than $7k

true i dont have any friends

Just get both.

yea let me pull some money out of my ass

Get an 8th gen Civic

Depends what you want to do. Miatas are short wheelbase, but much better actual roadsters imo. The 240s are nice, and stock make good basic RWD cars.

But again, 240 tax and they're like hondas now. All beat to unholy fuck, and if it isn't it's expensive as dicks.

Buying a 1994-97 miata personally.

There's a way you can do it. What's your budget and where do you live? Also, can you travel?

Recent NA8 miata buyer here. 240s were on my radar during the seven months of searching for a fun project car. The Nissan has more potential when it comes to tuning and drift and whatever else you wanna do, but like everyone else said, original condition models are rareish and expensive. Also at minimum you'd need to swap the engine out for something that makes sense.

The miata has been a great car so far- 3 weeks and counting. The open air, the bumblebee exhaust, the feeling of being in a VERY small car, almost kart-like... all of these things almost make you forget about how slow it is.

To sum it up:
1.) 240sx has more potential tuning capability
2.) 240sx will be better at drift and higher speed events
3.) Expensive for an original w/o mods
4.) Miata is just plain fun
5.) Miata can be had for much cheaper, but expect to bridge the gap by installing a turbo eventually
6.) Miata better at autocross events or anything where handling and weight transfer are king

Pic unrelated but I did just buy that roll bar, comes thursday.

Not OP.

What's wrong with a modified240sx?

What if I want to drift it, would there still be something wrong?

>What if I want to drift it, would there still be something wrong?

I guess thats fine. I hope you dont plan on daily it as well but if you do whatever its your money/car.

But for the most part buying a modified car is no bueno. I mean YOU can and I personally have but I knew the previous owner wasnt an idiot so

you could if you want, but it's not really a great idea to daily drive your drift car
Also, most of those driftcar bros do completely retarded mods to their cars or do completely retarded stunts that permanently damage the car in some way

>gets rear-ended
>back of your skull gets caved in by a bar of steel

rollbars do more harm than good unless you are wearing a helmet and using a 5/6 point harness everywhere you go

Go over to osg they guys seem to be making enough money to buy miatas and mr2s

>completely retarded mods
>completely retarded stunts
Like what?

I bought a 240sx a week ish ago, and it looks sexy

Maybe. If you got one without enough clearence and its improperly mounted. But would you wanna flip over in a miata that doesnt have one?

That's 100% why I got it

At least I'll die lookin fly.

I assume he means something along the lines of pic related

Yeah i got mine with 60k miles for exactly $7k. It's got back seats and a hatch so its much better as a daily imo.

Get a 240. I bought a Miata and was pissed that I couldn't use it for half the things I wanted to without spending a shit load of money on modifications

mine will someday be that clean

pulling the engine atm

that's beautiful user

what mods are we talking about, because i was thinking of getting a miata for dd, since 200sx here are expensive and nowhere to be found

thats not a rollbar thats a style bar

this a roll bar

>200sx

wait where do you live? Europe?

stick to a miata. either way if you mod your car, youll spend money.

yes, urop
s13's are like 2x the price of an NB, also i haven't seen a singe NA being sold, did europ even get those?

>also i haven't seen a singe NA being sold, did europ even get those?

yes

stick to an NB though

Are Miatas uncomfortable for DDing?

No, especially if bone stock

Mind if I ask what camera did you use?

why do people still act like the camera matters? A phone camera could take this picture.

>friend has 240sx bc nissan fag
>I have miata bc actual fag
>drive into school together most days
>not unusual for people to approach us about our cars bc crazy paintjob and stickerbombed
>cool old guys approach me and tell me about their mg midgets or whatever roadster they had when they were my age
>almost always they were super nice and had intelligent conversations about cars
>friend always gets approached by other "drift culture" boi racers
>"sick 240sx bro"
>"that looks sexy bro"
>hits vape
>"rev that baby up bro"
>"do a burn out bro"
>"bro wanna have a race"

Also both of our cars were rust-free and in pretty decent condition and while my friend payed 5500 after looking for half a year, I only payed 3400 after looking for just under a month

I like that sticker

canon rebel xs

Have fun man, can't believe you got a running 240 for only $400 iirc.

/p/ shitposting belongs in /p/

never been to /p/ but if you think knowing what camera was used in a good shot will help you get better quality pictures then you should probably just give up on photography.