Going to start looking for a fun daily driver to fix up, given the two options here which would you buy...

Going to start looking for a fun daily driver to fix up, given the two options here which would you buy? I don't mind getting either's engine rebuilt if need be, i plan on getting some work done if mint examples are rice taxed too much
>MR2
>Subaru 2.5 rs coupe

Get the sw20, NA too for godlike reliability

Subaru. It's much less likely to kill you... even if you go sideways into a tree because you can't drive

Yeah, I'd go NA I hear turbo ones have more problems (alot more expensive too)
The downside with the subaru is its alot harder to find without a salvage title or undamaged body. I'll take the time to find good example of either one I guess

>one of the most boring cars in the world (subi)
or
>one of the best handling cars ever made.

if u wanna do skids get the subi though

Cute Toyota sports car or a car that everyone else has. The choice is yours OP.

>The downside with the subaru is its alot harder to find without a salvage title or undamaged body
so get a normal Subaru. You don't need to specifically have a 2.5RS. The body kit is all that's unique to the 2.5RS. You can get the engine in other Subies. The Legacy and Forester use the same platform and are fucking EASY to find unmolested. Virtually everything will swap over. You can get 2004 STI suspension to bolt right into a Legacy or Forester.

How is the rs coupe boring? It's pretty light,awd,manual, and looks very good. I have seen many examples with alot of miles running so they can be reliable too, problem is they're far more rice taxed
Where are you from? I'm American you almost never see RS coupes on road
I love how the rs coupe looks and like how it's alot smaller,lighter, and easier for city parking and such (mr2 would be even better given its small size)

>I love how the rs coupe looks and like how it's alot smaller,lighter, and easier for city parking and such (mr2 would be even better given its small size)
so get a normal coupe and swap on the body kit.

>Cute Toyota sports car or a car that everyone else has.

>How is the rs coupe boring?

anything thats not a STI warrants a yawn

You mean an impreza L or whatever it is? Too much swapping and shit
As far as performance the NA sw20 and rs coupe are very similar no? Just a matter of preference with AWD or RWD I guess even though they can both be fun

Get the Mr2, it's a real novelty to drive, the seating position, feeling engine vibration from behind you... and they really do handle fantastically

Nothing wrong with the subie.but you've got the rest of your life for regular cars

Is there huge premium on getting work done on an mr2? I'd imagine just as difficult as boxer engine?

just get a civic for 3k. save your money for something responsible

>3k civic
A poorfag I am not

>Going to start looking for a fun daily driver to fix up
you want the one that doesn't need fixing

Those are heavily rice taxed, my budget will be about 5-8k so I figure I'd get something good

Not op. But wouldn't the mr2 be pretty difficult to work on.

That's what I'm trying to find out but my thread gets overlooked because of shitposters bumping their threads to front page every 5 minutes.

Subaru and instead of rebuilding the dog turd that's in it, put an EJ207 in it

I don't need power I just want reliability and mpg's out of the two. Stock rs coupe does that well enough

Ikr I'm looking to get my first car in a couple months but I'm too scared to get an mr2 cause it just seems way too hard to work on

I'm worried shops charge a huge premium to get work done on them, I don't do any of the work

I currently have an aw11, and have done sparkplugs, valve cover gasket, and an alternator. The alternator was a little hard but the rest was easy.

I used to have an '01 forester, and doing an alternator on that would have been easy, but valve covers and sparkplugs were dicks.

I vote Mr2, I had to replace too much shit on that forester

You think there's a premium on getting work done on MR2'S or shits pretty easy? Also I'll be going Sw20

I forgot to mention too, that the snap oversteer is truly a meme, its most prevalent on the aw11, and they lengthened the wheelbase on the sw20 making it even harder to kick out.

I don't take anything to a shop, but I assume that they might have longer labor times, but parts are fairly cheap

This, all the parts are Toyota oem so super cheap just labor is difficult

Boxer engine tier difficult or worse?

I mean stuff, on paper, won't break as often but you will have to do stuff reaching over

Are cracked dashboards common with MR2'S?

It's a lot more awkward than a boxer simply due to it's location, and a lot of stuff is vertically stacked/layered.

I mean changing the sparkplugs on my Forester is all kinds of fucked, but i've damn near had to go dumpster diving in the back of my MR2 to do basic shit.

Yeah, doing an alternator on my aw11 was a test in patience, glad I have a second vehicle so I didn't have to do it in one night.

The engine decided to run like shit afterwards too and I had to clean up that stupid spark plug valley again.