Has anyone lived in their car before?

Has anyone lived in their car before?

Dad is considering kicking me out and I'm getting a little worried now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PFRArJmAedA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Dad is considering kicking me out
why and how old are you

yes it's relevant to your question

because he thinks im a leech and im 21

That sucks op, i was able to stay til 24 then i found a good job and apt. Start making moves fast imo cuz living out of a car sucks big time

>21
>living with your paps
get a job user

do you study or work?

I have slept in my car, it's uncomfortable as fuck specially if you're tall

It's not 1967 you dumbass baby boomer

Where do you live? Maybe you can live in a tent, if it is warm enough.

I imagine it not to be so crap.

I would use a library during the day for internet and warm indoor place. I would use my 24/7 gym to shower, shave etc. It can't be that bad.

What car?

718 boxster

Are you a Neet? Get a job, get roommates.

The biggest part on living on someone else's expenses is what you contribute. Do you do chores every day? Do you help your parents run errands? If you're just benchracing all day and don't contribute anything at all to water, electric, rent, groceries, etc then yeah you're a leech. You have to make it where it is convenient for you to be there and them pay for all your shit. I can promise you it will not be easier when you move out.

You'll have to do all said chores and errands because you have to, on top of paying for all bills and utilities. A lot of people will give you shit for being 18+ and still listening to your parents, because back in the day boomers could go to school, buy a car and own a home with only one job. It's far from that anymore. Spend the time with your parents to save money, pay even just a little bit like 200 or 300 a month to help cover your expenses and keep the house clean as fuck.

If you're looking for work keep a spreadsheet of every job you've applied for in order to show you're at least trying.

If you're not then you better start anyways because you won't survive as a NEET outside the home.

i hate living with my parents though we never get along. i also want to buy my own food because they buy shit

are you NEET though?

yes

Living in a car is great, if you have private internet, and a fat bank account

otherwise, get a job, rent, save, invest.

if you had a fat bank account why wouldn't you just rent an oceanfront vista?

because maybe you want to live in a car due to the freedom it gives, if you like travelling and you're the minimalist type of guy.

>uncomfortable
>no where to store food
>if it gets cold/hot you have problems
>can't sleep well

The only reason you'd do this is if you were poor.

>21
>neet

what are you doing with your life? get a job you faggot

I never understood the neets, I get that the system is not ideal, but how can you not work or go to college, don't expect to get thrown out of your house and find a job that will pay you a an apartment and food, all the decent jobs require experience, to get experience you need to flip burgers for a few years while you're living with your parents and don't have to worry about rent

He's probably talking about expensive van conversions

lol OP posted this thread twice on fit and scoffed at everyone telling him to get a job

So he moseys over to Veeky Forums and asks the same shit for the third time (probably more)

>GO
>TO
>TEMP
>AGENCY
>AND
>GET
>A
>FUCKING
>JOB

People can and do live out of all sorts of things, OP. Cardboard boxes, slapped together shanties and cars too. Your biggest problem will be staying hidden from the cops. Cops love to pick on homeless people because they know they can't fight back. As far as figuring out how to live in a car and stay hidden, you're dumb if you think a Vietnamese image board is the best place to start figuring this shit out. Google and youtube that shit.

Run along now, and good luck.

Go get a job at McDonald's or Walmart. They always need people and I guarantee they'll find somewhere for you. That'll hopefully get your dad off your back, it's at least something.

Just get a job user, I support myself with a overnight security job (literally just drive around an empty building every couple hours, shitpost the rest). Even if you are socially retarded, or even mentally retarded most will hire on an instant if you have a license and can work overnight. Its shit pay but beats being homeless, I still have my own decent place with no roomates and a car I like.

Living in a car sucks. Living in a camper van is very less sucky though.

not everyone wants to be a slave like you.

Dude are you fucking kidding me? You're about the live the dream: HOUSE PORSCHE

No one owes you anything, if you want to not be a Slave as you say then prepare to either Steal for your living or live on the streets

You need a job in order to earn money, you clueless freeloader. No wonder your dad is thinking about kicking your worthless ass out; I would have done it long ago. Get a job and pay your fucking way like literally everybody else or go live in a shelter.

Youre fucked in the head

A job gives you MONEY which equates to freedom. A rich person can truly do whatever the fuck they want

If you arent a slave to your job youl be a slave to the government handouts or a cock slave to some rich gay guy, or a slave to your dad who, by the way, is ashamed of you

You cant just run into the woods or sleep in a shitbox parked at walmart and 'be free' buddy

Get a grip on reality

Youre gonna end up dancin for nickels outside the liquor store like all the other homeless trash

Is that your car or your dad's car he's just letting you drive? In any case, good luck living out of that. There's not even room to put the seats back. Are there even cupholders in it? I'd have to check.

>Dad is considering kicking me out
Once you're moved out never do anything for that boomer faggot again

See the other thread too

>he thinks im a leech and im 21
>21
>still living in daddy's basement
Your father makes a lot of sense. Get a job you waste of oxygen.

Also never lived in my car, but got kicked on the street at 15, lived under a bus station for a month before getting enough cash to buy a ticket to North Carolina and stayed with my Aunt for a year. Then she kicked me out too and I was basically homeless for another full year going between friend's houses and living at a church. Fun stuff. Doing well now though, sorry for the blog post niggers.

The entire world isn't India

>mfw 19 and living on my own
You're right, it's 2017, go flip some burgers you dumbass millennial

>live on the streets
As a NEET on the streets, the other homeless or street gangs or individual muggers will quickly steal your Porsche and sell it to a chop shop for parts. You won't be living in your Porsche for long. How'd you afford a Porsche and its insurance as a NEET anyways? No wonder why your parents are upset with you still being a NEET at 21.

Get a job ASAP. Take whatever shit cleaning job you can. Also if you have any friends or familys couch you can crash at take advantage of it. Also get of Veeky Forums it fucks with your head if you're here for too long. That being said here is my advice from living in a car for 3 months:

1. Sleep in a sleeping bag in the passenger seat.

2. Eat off the dollar menu while you find a job/place. Or live off non-perishables that don't require cooking such as PB&J sandwiches and beef jerky.

3. Shower and do all your bathroom shit at a gym or truck stop.

4. Sleep at a truck stop, or if you know your neighborhood well enough to find a place where no one will bother you do that.

You're gonna have to eat shit for a while so be prepared.

>Get a grip on reality
Some NEETS just daydream about going on social welfare until they get their inheritance. But little do they know it is a growing trend in america for the parents to NOT pass most of the inheritance to the children who were irresponsible and didn't even care for the parents in the latter years.

I have a rich neighbor down the street like that. He's divorced long ago and is a business multimillionaire. He hides from relatives since it is another corporation that owns the businesses and he's able to be private and hide. He's changed his name and made his first name a single letter. His current home in my HOA was bought by one of his companies, so someone without MLSS database access searching his name as a property owner will probably not find him. He is trying HARD not to have any of his wealth go to his relatives when he dies. His kids were raised by the ex-wife and have no fondness for him nor does he for them. He's even got a fake name plate on his house entrance. It's also next to impossible to walk to his front door now as he put an armored door in the side of his detached garage. The doorbell is there along with security cameras. The legally required gate to his front door is hidden in a wall of ivy and is actually kind of stiff to open due to the branches being stiff. That's if you can find the latch among all the black widow spiders. One touch of spider web and you'll pull your hand out fast and not want to search. Trick: the sidewalk from his front door to the wall is not where the gate is located. The gate is actually off to the side. So if you think the gate is where the sidewalk on either side of the wall is, then you will never find the gate.

He's aware of the typical shenanigans relatives do when someone with a Will dies but leaves nothing to the relatives. In order to do that, enough time has to pass after disbursement to avoid challenges. He plans to donate the wealth to various charities.

You are a leech. Do you mow the lawn every weekend? Do you pay rent? Do you clean? Do you cook? If not, you are a POS son mooching off his father.

Get a fucking job. Get some fucking roommates. Move out and become a fucking adult you POS. I moved out at 18. Got two jobs and went to school. Stop being a lazy fucking shit numale and grow up.

>bernie was gonna gib me gibbss!!!!!!
get a fucking job. Jobs have existed since humans have. You think a village would allow you to sit on your fucking ass while everyone else hunted and gathered food/water?

>2017
>Voluntarily being exploited for slave labor and people treating you like shit
Worst 3 years of my life. Freelance is hard but at least it's gratifying work. Get a skill and work for yourself OP.

You're an absolute fuckhead. It isn't that easy for people these days, it never has been. I say that as someone who DID move out at 18.

Thanks for being part of the fucking problem, nowhere but the US do parents look at their kids like parasites rather than grown adults who can contribute to the family name.

>you're staying at home?
>REEE NOOOOO! I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE TO LIVE IN A MOTEL! GO AWAY FOREVER AND LIVE IN SQUALOR!
>see you at Thanksgiving

youre a fucking faggot, im not even your dad i want to kick you out

>tfw my parents just started making me pay rent, and I got sick of it after a while because I still had to adhere to their rules (not allowed to keep my guns at their place, wasn't allowed to get a doggo)
>Decided to just move out and get my own place where I can now do both of those things
>realized they were playing 3D chess the other day

All in all it was a good idea anyway cause I'm 23 years old. Feels good to have my own place

>718 boxster
Too small to hold any possessions. But how will you get gasoline and insurance for the car? What stops a lot of homeless from living in their cars in my suburb city is when the police come by due to a loitering complaint. They are allowed to ask questions such as how long you were parked there (a legally filed complaint allows them to ask related questions without triggering the 4th amendment). Police can ask for identification, a drivers license, and proof of insurance for anyone on the public roadway. They will check plate registration to see it is current or TOW.

A lot of homeless don't satisfy the insurance requirement and end up losing the car to that once the police questions pile up.

There is nothing good about being a NEET because it makes your brain less capable. Remember, people train (education) to make their brain better and sharper at making decisions. This is a proven fact millions of times over every year in this and other countries. BUT what a lot of neet and lazy people forget is that you can also train your brain to become less capable and slower thinking and less sharp. You do that by lazing around each and every day in the basement bench racing or playing games. You may get good at games, but that is not the same as the type of experience you get from real education and applying yourself to a job with other people to consider.

You will find out that America is not the USA your grandparents had with its social welfare programs. Sooner or later, the budget deficit will force social welfare programs to cut benefits. And national medical care will only exist in name but not as a practical thing. You'll find out you have no social security because you didn't pay into it and thus have basically none of the advantages of the government adding their money to the pool. The current SS working period is 37 years and Congress was thinking of raising it to 40 years. Sucks.

>i also want to buy my own food because they buy shit

They buy your own food. Don't just sit there with the attitude of "Want This", "Want That", "Ohh, I want that too".

Because kids today don't do SHIT to contribute to living at home. You eat the food. Dirty the house. Do no chores. Don't repair anything. Don't help with bills. And waste all your money on NEET shit and cars. Fuck you, you dumb faggot.

>these days
Nigga I'm not even old. Get A FUCKING JOB AND A FUCKING ROOM MATE. STOP WASTING MONEY. STOP WASTING TIME. GET A MOTHER FUCKING JOB AND START YOUR GOD DAMN LIFE.

>WAHHHHHHh we have it soooo hard, you don't even know. Our parents make us get jobs and do something with our lives.

There are no fucking jobs that let you live like a human being these days. When my mom was a kid she waitressed and paid for a townhouse in Baltimore. You hint at it in your post but you dance around it - the ONLY living arrangements these days are communal. That's it. You can either pay rent at home or pay rent with 5 strangers, the problem is dick heads like you who sperg out that someone might value their offspring and be OK having them live at home.

Every other country I've visited had no problem with 3 generations all living under one roof, America is unique in that we have been fed some lie that our kids need to gtfo while their brains and personalities are still developing so they can stay bitter, destitute fuckups.

>if you had a fat bank account why wouldn't you just rent an oceanfront vista?

Some people like to live frugally. I once knew of (he died of old age type health problems) an old asian guy HSIAO who went to the same university. He was retired and spent his retirement as a university student taking whatever classes he wanted. He was a member of various university clubs and some were great for him due to travel opportunities. But since he had money, he could really make his dollars go further due to the student discounts. So instead of staying in some cheap place, he'd find the more expensive accommodation that was still at the student rate. Those are rates the general public cannot get. He had a good life full of fun. He was there before I attended univ. He was still there when I left with my masters.

BULLLLSSHHHITTTTTT.
No generation was just buying a house at 18 with minimum wage jobs. Go work construction. Go work in NDT. Go work in the oil field. Or solar. Or for a comic book store. Or as an assistant. Or pest control. Or any of the other thousands of jobs.

>Rent home for $1000/month
>live with 2 other people
>$333/month for all of you
>$100/month for home related bills each
>$433/month
>$10/hr job will be about $1350 after tax each month
>can't live off of $917/month

You are literally the problem with your generation. Everyone wants $40/hr with no experience then cries when they have to get normal jobs like the rest of America. You can sell fucking cellphones at ATT and make $30k a year easy. Or, you know, just keep finding excuses for your failures.

>Has anyone lived in their car before?
You can't simply exist on the streets with a car unless it's some sanctuary state or city. My state is not a sanctuary state nor is my city. So if you try that here, the police will give you the letter of the law treatment. There is no where you can park that they police don't already know about.

You complained about the food your parents buy for you to eat. But when you live on the streets, you'll find out what it means to have problems with both hot meals and no refrigeration for food items.

You'll also find out what it means to have black gangs mug you for your EBT card and PIN number. If the PIN you give them doesn't work, they will beat the crap out of you. So you can't always depend on having your EBT card for food.

>decent homes in my major city (nothing fancy but decent)
>$110k
>$515/month
>make $10/hr
>$1600/month
>can't afford it
LOL

>Or, you know, just keep finding excuses for your failures.
OP seems too lazy to even come up with excuses as he hasn't bothered to even post any. It's like he's in "cruising mode" all day long in some self-inflicted mental haze.

Did he graduate high school? With what grades? I assume he just did the minimum to get by and pass. Not hard since high schools admin and teachers make money by graduating students due to how the federal government pays money to the education industry and withholds money for each student that doesn't graduate. Teachers want to get rid of the problem cases instead of having them stick around held back for another year. So they find a way to graduate them or mark their exams as pass when they actually failed.

Buy some form of weapon and become increasingly unstable and unpredictable, they threaten to kick you out you take an old desk chair or something disposable out in to the living room and smash it the fuck up, chuck in a threat or two as well if you want but I found that just smashing shit worked for me, I was in the middle of a full time course and had just been fired from my job and I was threatened with being kicked out so I did that with a kukri, fucking mauled that chair, wood chips and upholstery foam everywhere, my family was scared as fuck and didn't even mention it again.

Moving out should be on your own terms and when you're able to support yourself properly unless you are like 25+

I personally make good money, but I'm not stupid enough to ignore the dwindling middle class and the lack of resources. We can't ALL be affluent, but the number of have nots grows, and grows, and grows, every year. You categorically cannot say "there is a problem with ALL 75 MILLION millennials," at some point you need to take a look at the game they all keep losing at

>moved out when I was 18 to go to college
>2 roommates
>rent $450 a month
>first year work 60 hour weeks in summer busting my ass
>go to school and work around 20 hours a week
>find time flexible job and work myself up to full time after a year
>become manager and make my own schedule
>go to school full time and work full time
>STILL saving money
>go to gym 6 days a week

If I wasn't paying for my own education cash I could easily buy a house for myself. 1 year left anyways for my bachelors.

So many retards bitch and moan about being broke and having loans. No one has a work ethic anymore.

If I could go back I never would have gone to college. Absolute waste of time and money. Get into a trade and make 60-80k a year because there is a desperate need for people who can actually work. My current job is focused around my degree, but only because I don't want it to go to waste.

Get a job pussy.

I have maintained for years that physical labor jobs are going to be worth more than office jobs. EVERYONE is computer savvy today, and there are so many overweight and lazy people that there aren't enough to fill all the manual jobs. Wait and see. I give it 15 more years. The antifa libcucks are accelerating it even more.

>There are no fucking jobs that let you live like a human being these days.

It is up to your ambition and how you plan your future actions. My mother and father didn't pay for my university education. I had a cheap bicycle and that was good enough. It took me an extra year to get out, but many who work do take as much as 2 years more. But if you look, you find jobs. I even part timed at the photocopy shop and other places. You can work on one homework problem before the next tasks comes. But after a shift, you can have a bunch of problems solved. Every minute counts.

After I got out, I still lived frugally but also knew the value of getting along with other people. I had a nice job due to the company interviewer recognizing my life story of working thru school. I also had documentation and pictures of the fun on the way which impressed him that I looked for the positive items in life no matter how tough. At 26, I finally owned my own home. I could have flipped it but living frugally despite having a nice job meant I paid it off. It's nice enough that 23 years later I still live there. I look at past stories of high school acquaintances. Some have failed but that was because they made a string of bad decisions.

>Or, you know, just keep finding excuses for your failures.
Or they can keep voting Democrat until they implement Universal Stipend Reparations for those that don't work.

Yeah, I've done it a few times.
I don't recommend it.

>Has anyone lived in their car before?
It is impossible in my area. That's because each time the police find you, they note that in the computer. On the third time they find you in the city limits, your car will be towed to impound. So you can live in your car for 2 days in my city before you have to move to a different city.

>apply for job
>get email back
>we let u know in 3 weeks if u got the job
just get a job loser xd

youtube.com/watch?v=PFRArJmAedA

I think you're grossly misunderstanding the definition of the word you're using.

>getting a job online is hard, so I should just give up
Have you tried going to SMALL companies and applying in person, you lazy fuck?

Yeah, taking care of his shit ass son for 21 years wasn't enough, right?

>He works for a company
>He thinks he's not a slave
I think you're grossly retarded, and should promptly kill yourself, you inept ignoramus.

I remember getting this exact same response from someone 2 years ago when I was getting kicked out.
Rings true.
In fact, you don't know how shitty living in your car is until you do it.

>le fedora millenial
>contributing to society u slaaveee!!!
>errthing should be free
>and paid for by those who work!!!
>I'm a transkin

Vid won't load for me mate, what's this?

HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, mechanics, etc will all be 6 figure jobs in a decade I believe.

Slavery involves no compensation you dumb liberal faggot.
>inept ignoramus
No wonder you're a waste, you don't even understand how to communicate. Get a job loser.

We already have to pay mechanics over $20/hr at the lower levels to keep them around. My friend owns his own HVAC company, and it's EXPLODED the last 5 years. Plumbers are making $30-$40/hr. I work in NDT and it starts in the high $20's once your level 2. that $60k a year after a few months of learning.

That's some solid parenting.

>Wagie slave gets mad he got BTFO
>Cries because he knows he can't formulate a coherent thought and put me in my place
How utterly drole. You clearly are not worth wasting yet another petty second upon.

Begone, slavie. Your kind is not welcome here.

you should move out at 18 you worthless yuropoor

All work and no play makes wagie a dull boy. Hurry up now, my food isn't gonna make itself.

It can be scary to sleep in the car. Best place to sleep at is at white neighborhood and sleep in the trunk if you have a big one. Never stay in the same location

You have no fucking choice. If you're a NEET you are worse than a slave. You are literally just a parasite on your father. You have no right to have any pride over 'wagecucks', because you are lower than them.

>Wagecucks genuinely believe this
Shouldn't you be bending over for your boss, wagecuck? He needs to make four times as much as you do by doing four times less than you. Also my burger needs extra cheese, and skimp on the pickles.

CHOP CHOP, wagecuck. Another day another dollar :^).

Well, what do you do to make money?

Another day and no dollar is somehow preferable

>BLOGPOST

I'm currently and am probably gonna be moving out when I'm 21, by that point I'll have a fuckload of savings and I should have enough stability with my job for it to not be a big financial risk. Currently making $40k/year (take home after taxes) and only paying about $180/month in expenses, which is all my parents are asking for. For reference I'm a leaf.

Also, don't live out of your car, start paying rent or something. But if you must live out of a 4+ wheeled vehicle, doing a van camper conversion is a decent option, as is becoming a trucker.

**Currently 19

It's possible, you need to have gym membership and good mobile internet service, but it's very possible. Also much better than having roommates. Always be suspicious of people that suggest having roommates or lived with some stranger in the past.

Not all jobs are burger flipping anyways, genius. If you have any technical skills of note you could just work tech industry, they're hungry.

I did it my entire senior year of HS. Good luck. Hard times are ahead. If you make it through you'll be better, tougher, and a whole lot craftier for it

I dunno. You can't take the money with you when you inevitably die. Nor can you take the toys with you either.

What you can take with you are the things you know how to do. You can't take the sports car with you but you can take with you all the skills to maintain it and all the skills to drive it. You don't have to be a wagecuck, but you should be doing something with your time. Take something with you before you leave.

The worst part is he has a car. He can *drive* to a job. That is such a huge barrier for most NEETs and he's already overcome that. Entering the workforce sucks, but if this dude is so full of pride he can't bear to work some menial shit versus just be homeless, he can't be helped.

Were hungry. I'm hearing reports silicon valley is going in reverse. That place is feast or famine and it's famine for the next few years. Besides, those tech jobs are all going to China at some point. Sustainable work is whatever can't be outsourced.

Get the windows tinted and get a space at a public parking garage that offers monthly parking. You should be good for a while. Make sure to do this in the city so that you have the opportunity to shower and stuff at the YMCA during the day.

I don't agree with the whole 'make more money high score' BS thing, everything is transient.That being said you do have needs that must be met, and presumably as a human being you'd prefer to exist with adequate food/shelter/whatever versus live in a state of destitution.

Seems more like decision making paralysis, OP wants a good job, but can't into one because reasons (i.e. glut of manpower in workforce for entry level shit, general trend of decreasing wages). But I think an aspect of becoming an adult is coming to terms with subpar scenarios and overcoming them. Godspeed, OP.

The idea that you need to move out as soon as you're legally an adult, or as soon as you go to college, or whatever is a dumbass American myth and it's not conducive to becoming a responsible adult because it's a needless waste of money. It basically prevents young people from saving any money before they can comfortably move out. That's why you see so many people in America struggling financially. Sure you can move into a slum and work paycheque to paycheque while eating nothing but rice and beans for a couple of years, but that doesn't prove you're a better person than someone who lived with their parents until their late 20s. It just proves that your parents are retarded.

Hinges on what you're doing. I work at a privately owned SaaS company, there's a baseline competence you want to maintain to keep a money-making machine going that you don't necessary want to put in another country.

I agree with you that there are no guarantees, we've seen a dot com crash in our lifetime, we'll see another one, but you know there are retard tier IT jobs for dudes like OP.

join the military stupid faggot.

it's literally welfare for fucks like you.

free food and housing and you keep your checks

don't blow it on chinese whores and drugs

lel NEETcucks BTFO

Neet here it's funny watching all u wagies sperg out because op doesn't want normiefag scraps.

Op it ain't that bad desu get a van something u can sleep in

Well OP could also just be a little bitch that doesn't stop whining about tendies and now he wants to run away in his mom's car. We hear the side of the story he wants to share.

I agree with the whole 'moving out at 18' thing not being a reality anymore for tons of people, and I think with time the stigma has faded away to an extent. Still, I can't imagine something more frustrating than watching your kid sit around and do nothing. I wouldn't wish retail on my enemies, but a cursory effort to appear to give a fuck about your state as a human being would probably stop his dad from bitching at him.