/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>someone say edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>tfw no tip
youtu.be/tmxP6_CI_GY [Open]

>cammed idle
youtube.com/watch?v=Ek4SFHt9gdk [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZjR1HNrL0w [Open]

Last Thread:
→ #
→ #
→ #

I botched the image but there's no thread :c

Engine rad off the 240, hopefully I get time to work on it today

Rear springs settled. Looks much better now.

Changed out the ignition and door locks. Now my key works for everything. Will work for the tailgate too when I swap in the black one.

grey fit is gone :( traded her for a 2017 DSG GTI yesterday

Thanks, it's 108,000 miles, my old one was 91,000 but this runs great too.

I love well done pics of complete shitboxes.

Pls help del sols brake lights are still on when car is off

Goddamn I am so close

Went to get the Civ' inspected today, he said to bring it back later. I had work so I couldn't do that. Place is closed now.

I cannot believe I have almost gotten a junkyard car back into roadworthy condition.

How much do you think you've put into it?

Now is a good time to calculate.

600 for the car
100 for time transfer
100 for battery
200 for alternator
100 for hood
300 for front brakes
300 for rear brakes/suspension components
50 in spray paint
100 for windshield
100 for registration
50 for rockers
About 50 in bondo
And the frame repair was luckily free, I knew the guy very well.

It all comes together as roughly $2050 CAD alltogether, 1450 excluding the car itself.

I do not regret a single cent of it all.

That's honestly not bad at all. You gained a lot of experience at the same time, too.

Yeah, I just can't wait to see her back from the dead.

Gonna put a horn in tonight, old ones busted.

Pedal switch is stuck

Can I fix that at home?

what the fuck happened to the catalog

who tha fuk is this nigga?

goin back up to MN this weekend to put on my new coolovers. Can't wait to get rid of the Junk2's. I feel like my overall quality of life is going to change dramatically. I'm imagining being able to hop in the car after a long day of work and not boil over with the front end bouncing all over the place and not hearing any springs popping and binding.

also gonna haul the engine back down to illinois with me and set it up in my apartment, kek. I miss tinkering a lot

I pet them every night before I go to bed

Holy kek.

You should record a before and after on a nearby rough patch of road. Gonna be sweet.

there's a really bad part of road near my house. Actually sent one of my coilovers straight up through the strut mount. will definitely post a vid

Damn that's crazy. One of the reasons I don't drive through New Orleans much.

The FIAMM's installed, had to find somewhere else to cram it in, original bracket was fucked,

It sounds so un-Civic like.

Yeah those aftermarket horns are usually way larger than the stock ones. The stock EG horn is super tiny compared to my pair of Hellas.

Size wasn't the issue, it was hardly bigger than the stock disk. Problem was the mount for the original horn was rust-welded to the screw hole, and I was having a hard time finding a place to put it. I decided on a space a bit to the right of the original bracket.

I also got fed up with waiting to get the muffler done, so I exhaust-taped it. It'll pass.

Sweet. Mine had absolutely no room so I just put them out in the open behind my lower grille. It really wakes up the retards on the road. I still have my old alarm siren sitting in my engine bay. I should put a button on it for fucking with people.

Can't wait to see how people react to mine, it's 125db. My ears were ringing for a good 15-20 min after a pal blasted it while I was putting the bumper back on.

Wew thats a bit louder than mine at 118db. They'll definitely hear you coming like they do me. I've gotten people to jump out of my way with mine and avoided a few accidents.

Where are you gonna put them in? I might be open to lend an extra set of hands.

Nice.

Inspection guy called, he's packed for Saturday. I guess my appointment wasn't that important to him. I'm on for Tuesday now.

Best of luck bro. I'm sure it'll pass this time then you can enjoy the car.

Nothing left to do, it's finished. Just gotta wait.
I'm excited, I can hardly sleep.

Updated collage

F
I1

Almost forgot about the c/o/llage, I'll get a good photo soon.

What did I miss?

Sorry I was busy m8 couldn't start a new thread yesterday

>How does the collage work?
See pic related.

saturday afternoonish. i'm up in shoreview - if you wanna come by and wrench with me and my bro you're definitely welcome to. we'll be workin on the miata a little bit too

Fugg, I get off at 6. But that isn't too far away so driving isn't a problem.

gonna be at sunfoods on university after work? I'll probably swing by there if the meets are still happening

I can do that, but I'll be in the Zed. You gonna be there only on saturday, or friday too?

maybe friday. I leave from chicago around 330-4 pm, then it takes me about 6 hours to get up there. that spot is actually kind of on the way back to my house so I'll probably stop by there around 10 pm friday night, but will definitely be there saturday

I just bought an S2000 and I'm not sure if I overpaid. 2004 AP2 56k clean title no issues but a couple rips in the tops that have been repaired. Paid $8k. Silver pic related what you guys think?

b8?
If not join the collage, see That's a steal btw if it's real

kek

not bait just wasn't sure about pricing I saw a lot of cheap ones but mostly modified or rebuilt title

If you can't make it friday, no big deal. I'll be there on saturday too.

That's a fantastic deal. Did the owner tell you why it was so cheap?

pulled the throttle body and injectors out of my 240, not sure what else needs to be done to pull the engine so I'll wait for my mechanic friend to get me the info/assistance I need

in the meantime I did replace the side window molding

old for reference

Looking good. I peeled all the black bits on mine and painted it. Starting to peel though because I should have done more coats. Still not bad, though.

I found my AC leak but it still leaked after putting in one of those universal O rings. The O rings seem way too thin so I'm gonna check out the dealer for one before work. They still use this part number in the newest Hondas so I think they should have them well stocked. I'm just glad the cans of Wal-Mart refrigerant are pretty cheap. Less than five bucks a pop since I have one of those reusable dispensers.

can I just claim this car as mine as I've posted enough pics to have proved so, I don't feel like taking yet another pic ~ . ~

but ye 1997 prelude still goin strong

I'd pay money to get the skirts fixed and maybe repaint the bottom bumper lip but I spent all my money on a nissan

have you tried rockauto for the specific part replacement OEM for the original car?

Not yet but getting the AC working is a bit of a urgent thing. I need it working by Saturday as I'm doing a long drive to Houston from the New Orleans area. I haven't checked all the O ring locations in the system but that's a pretty big leak. I'll have to pop the bumper off and check the other connections as well.

Is that sticker on your rear quarter window from osg?

Is there anywhere I can buy a super cub in the EU (specifically Poland)
I spent whole last week calling importers and nobody does this

Probably one of the few non-gay Fits I've seen so far.

Anyone know where I can get Jap RHD cars in the US (preferably Florida)?

Yeah it's the notori.jp

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Sticker

>Saw a white Corolla S stick shift at the dealer
>Oh this would look cool panda'd with a tofu-ten sticker on my side
>tfw almost joined Veeky Forums

Havent posted in awhile but i have a dx crx and i recently found a d15b2 with si intake. Should i offer him 100 and learn to rebuild it, or is it a waste? I would still need to wire uo the mpfi

Waste

This

I guess this picture is okay, go ahead and put Nu-CM in the collage.

2004 DX just like my last one.

Your sticker is proof, will add fâm

What's a super cub

Ask around your local Facebook car group

Waste

You know da rules.
Proof needed

honda super cub is a bike that is not sold outside asia for some reason
it was once sold in the US as honda passport

>wanting an Isuzu

yes

Aite.

Thought so i just save up and buy a better motor with more aftermarket

There's no vtec.

Hi /hg/ I come here with a question.

I have a '96 Accord EX with the 2.2. It's a 5 speed. Now it jumps into full on Vtec after 4k RPMs, and it does this in every gear on the spot. My issue is, sometimes, only in 1st gear it feels really delayed kicking in. It'll get to about 4.5 to 5k and then jump in, it feels almost like fuel cut, but its random and only at that RPM range in that gear. Now the car had a lot of stuttering issues when taking off from a standstill until I replaced the plugs, wires, cap and rotor. That's all fixed, but this random issue still is here.

Could it be the fuel pump? My friend said something about spark plug seals and oil seeping in with them? Pls halp.

its a 13b swao

is the coolant fully warmed? coolent temp has to be at 159 F i think before vtec will work

Maybe his temp sensor took a shit, I've seen cars run rich and misfire cause the motor thinks it's freezing.

I know that the temp sensor is fucky. I've changed the actual sensor twice and the temp gauge doesn't want to work properly. (Never has.) But I've had the temps checked many times to make sure it's not actually overheating.

Maybe it actually is lol.

I believe so, yes. It's pretty random, but it's not common for it to happen.

I want to get a used CR-Z, any cool benifits or incentives for hybrid cars?
>t. Californian

Not really, it doesn't get the MPGs to be an HOV clean air vehicle and it's SOHC, still a cool looking car though.

So I bought a CRX EF and planning an engine swap. I bought a B18A1 have the trans and all parts to swap. Its an OBD1 motor so makes 140HP. Has a header but otherwise stock. Will my car feel fast on just 140hp considering the weight or should I have gone with a vtec motor? Also are there any worth while mods besides turbo? Are intake and exhaust worth it? Pic related, its my rex. At the body shop now getting rust and dents repaired and resprayed.

I actually live in the Caribbean. I'm just trying to find RHD cars (specifically a mint DC2, manual) without having to import it all the way from Japan. We drive on the left.

If it's like my car the thing that controls the needle is separate from the actual coolant temp sensor. Mine is under the distributor. It's a little metal needle plug.

If you have the shit load of money it takes to repair all that rust and paint it, dont fuck around with a b18a1.

140hp is not fast

Well I already have the motor + all the stuff for a B swap. Was thinking about putting on a vtec head but I'm worried about reliability (not sure the mileage of this and heard they don't last long)

Building it for autox kind of thinking I should have swapped a d16 vtec instead, 10 less hp but vtec and 100lb less or so.

It is. I've replaced the sensor already.

If you are going to do auto cross you want a vtec head since youll be at high rpm for long periods.

get a b16 since it revs the highest

>tfw paid $4.30 for a single 8mm AC O ring

Those packs of universal ones don't quite fit right and look like the reason why the refrigerant leaks so bad. Hopefully this fixes it.

Will add fãm

Can someone post cool vibrations internally?
I need it for a friend for reasons

Might be a long shot but, can anyone can guess this paint code?

This picture makes me want to molest my stock EK. Coilovers, new wheels, front lip, exhaust, new paint color, fuck me

i dont know but it looks like bmw's orient blue

Not him, but when I opened the image without realizing what tab I was in my brain thought I was looking at a 3 series for like a solid 2 seconds. Maybe that's why.

Ah, thanks. That might be it.

N O P E

Condenser seems fucked. It's even more fucked when I tried to take off the high pressure hose and snapped the aluminum off of it. Hopefully I can find a condenser by Friday night.

Not a califag, but I own the one in the collage. Lemme know if you have any questions.