Here is how you properly hold a steering wheel

Here is how you properly hold a steering wheel

If you do not do this, you should probably leave.

I second that.

Funny how there are those bulges at 10 and 2 where you'd be gripping the wheel during normal driving.

I do if I'm driving my weekend car on a well banked road, or anything challenging.
But when I'm driving the daily on the freeway or cruising around a neighborhood, I get lazy and lapse into dogfucker.

>two hands on the steering wheel
>properly

Is OP some kind of mutant that has a third arm?

Thank you volkswagen (((marketing team))).

I drop the wheel low rest my palm on my thigh and drive with two fingers at 6:30. Best position if you're driving for several hours straight.

how the hell am I supposed to open my beer with both hands like that?

>9 and 3
>remove one hand to shift
>immediately return to 9 and 3
Duh

jesus christ at least hold it 10 and 2. 9 and 3 looks like how an old lady who can barely grip the wheel would hold it when going over pot holes to keep the wheel as straight as possible

I always keep right hand at 2 and left arm resting on the arm rest and left hand resting on the handbrake, ready to shift when necessary.

Hold the wheel with 2 hands at any point except when needing to turn more than 20 degrees is absolute faggotry, and if you're driving an auto/paddle gears just get the fuck out you disgusting degenerates

>not mastering knee driving and drifting

Do you even roll joints while driving bro?

>9 and 3 looks like how an old lady who can barely grip the wheel would hold it
Yeah guess the best track drivers on earth are granny drivers.

agree
Mod's please sticky this

>10 and 2 as opposed to 9 and 3
>Reddit spacing
All you need to know. kys, Reddit cancer.

sure hold the wheel how you need to on the track going 100mph+ but I dont need two hands to go around the end on these 30mph limit streets

Op is correct

Until the wheel whips around and brakes your thumbs

this unironically happened to me once, not broken but couldnt use a pen or my right hand to type for almost a month, thankfully the car was ok

>brakes your thumbs
>brake
how does a steering wheel break your thumbs? Are you supposed to just open palm the wheel?

F1 cars use dual-clutch semi-automatic technology.

So does my Veloster Turbo, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

10 and 5 for me 2bh. Depends on the steering wheel.

thumbs on the wheel, not hooking around it
it's a rookie error really

A-Are you guys memeing right now? Is this something I should be worried about? What circumstances caused this to happen?

if the car gets hit causing the wheels to turn fast and forcefully, thats reflected on the steering wheel. It can easily break a finger. thats why thumbs go along the wheel.

>he doesn't hold the wheel at 12
dead autotragic giveaway. you guys don't know the first thing about true car feels please leave this board

Yeesh. Thanks man, good to know.

just don't wrap your thumb around the wheel and you'll be fine

dude is going to snap off dem thumbs lol
>basic bitch stance

>hooking with thumbs

Imaging @ you

modern car should have a less direct connection to the wheels
and some sacrificial parts that will take some of the hit for you

for a while now sprint cars have had a weak link in the chain drive to the steering box
but drivers still keep thumbs up to avoid sprains
also best to do with most go carts as they are very direct

>2017
>Not driving with your knees
How do you guys even expect to hold your beer phone and cigarette?

>thankfully the car was ok
That's all that matters

>have right broken arm

bite my ass op.

dumbest shit i've ever seen.
women does it often. i do not know why.

I've never seen someone do that and it seems like it would be really fucking uncomfortable if you tried.

Also that wheel is huge.

yeah because i want to break my thumbs off

>He drives Porsche race cars

Kys nigger.

>not driving drive by wire

cars can't heal themselves.

fact:women love foremarms
fact:if you drive with two hands on the wheel she will think you're a virgin

>he doesn't hold left hand at 11 and right hand on the shifter
When did autotragics become so popular on Veeky Forums?

>bitch wrists
>no muscle definition
>Ford
It all makes sense

It's an illusion I'm not a wristlet just My forearms and hands are mssive

>"Reddit spacing"

Veeky Forums spacing.

those would've been walls of texts no one would lay eyes on single spaced. His comment would've been two lines that was perfectly comfortable to read. ishykys

The habit of typing like this extends to all your posts.

If you actually think about your posts and reformat them you are actually reddit. That's what reddit users do because their site isn't WYSIWYG.

Here the average post is one sentence and the majority of people break up anything over 3 sentences. It's been this way for a long time, even back when /a/ didn't like reaction images and people weren't misusing greentext as badly. The reddit spacing shitposting didn't appear until around the same time discord started profilerating and we started picking up users from shitholes like twitter.

Yeah it's definitely a woman thing. Especially popular with the minivan crowd. I've even seen them grab the wheel like that with both hands to turn. I don't understand it.