Just fucked up and had a kid, so im looking to buy a fun 4 door car that wont another shit box on the road...

just fucked up and had a kid, so im looking to buy a fun 4 door car that wont another shit box on the road. Im looking for new or lightly used because warrenty. My budget is ~30K preferably less. My two top choices are a wrx and the focus st. Can Veeky Forums give me some feed back? There are a lot about those two cars that i like, but i am open to other options too.

Other urls found in this thread:

charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-camry-le-speed-drives/6198255521.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Elantra Sport.

Wrx is as good as it gets under 30k

v6 accord

Those are both literally shit boxes

VW Polo/Golf GTI.

I would take the subaru in an heartbeat but these engines make me slightly nervous. But then again I would probably end up with a regal gs awd.

If you're in Australia look at a used-ish ford falcon xr6. Massive car, tons of room, lots of space in the boot. Also it hauls ass, 4L inline 6 barra engine.

Not OP but how do those compare to chevy SS we get in burgerclap?

Using AWD is like letting tyrone rail your wife nightly.

No, no that's FWD my guy

Your kid fucked up and had you for a Dad. Buy a $10,000 boring but safe sedan and try not get into a crash and kill your kid, you degenerate fuck. Use the remaining money to put a down payment on a house so your unfortunate kid doesn't have to grow up in a filthy apartment. Also get your balls clipped

Those two are pretty much the "accidentally had a kid and need to trade my mustang" specials, so good choice.

he ain't no fortunate son

I don't know I'm not a burger, but I'm assuming they are similar to the holden ssv.

To give you a basic idea, the NSW police force uses the holden ssv, and the xr6 turbo. Both of them make around the same power, even though the xr6 has 2 less cylinders and 2.4l less displacement.

In terms of room on the interior it's pretty similar.

op here and kek the mustang was the plan but oh well, i guess i can drive my slow as shit 2000 mustang GT shit box.

Anyways im leaning to the wrx because the only alternative is fwd.... The Golf gti has the best interior but i worked on a modern VW that had alot of the same parts as the golf and shit kept breaking that should not for a 30K mile car. Shit like door locks actuators broke and the key less entry system was always hit and miss. VWs are great cars but i have a bad taste in my mouth at the moment. I like the look of the ST over the boxy WRX but the WRX has AWD and good resale value and a bunch of safety shit. I will probably test drive both of them back to back and see how different they feel.

WRX is expensive. You're gonna need that money for diapers and rattles and shots and shit.

Yeah, that's what I would say, drive both and see what you can get each OTD for and then make your decision.

If you can forego the warranty maybe look at a G8 GXP or an E90 335i sedan.

3k civic

What do you drive now?

WRX, not even a question. The ST may provide a slightly more exciting ride (in maybe not objectively good ways), but it's not worth the things you miss out on with the Subaru's strengths.

I am in the process of getting a WRX and I also have a kid. I actually wanted the BRZ but it was way too cramped to haul the family around in.

The only thig this guy said that was important is that you really shouldn't be spending that much money unless you have a house or an other decent financial situation. I got my house last year and now I can finally rationalize getting a new car.

The Focus's rear seat is a little small for rear-facing convertible car seats (the one you'll need from almost 1 year old to 2 years old), and the interior looks like a kaleidoscope.

The WRX sedan is the way to go (the hatch wasn't updated as recently and it was an important update), or potentially a Civic (sedan or hatch). On the less sporty side, the Mazda3's pretty nice but the throttle response is poor and the back seat is a little marginal (it's what I ended up getting - really didn't want a sedan, and I like the infotainment system a lot). The GTI's trunk space is a little too short for strollers+everything else, imo.

>spending $30k on a car you're going to haul you children around in

why do people do this? why not just get a $10k v6 accord or camry and save up for a fun car on the side?

I'm searching for a v6 5spd camry right now - shit is unobtainium. The only good example near me has no title.

just get an auto if it's gonna be your daily, leave the manual for fun car

The 2018 Honda Accord is going to be offered at a non-base trim level with a 4 cylinder turbo (252 HP) and a manual transmission. Has the only creature comfort that you would need (Android Auto/Car Play, leather seats).

Get that.

Do NOT get a care with cloth seats if you are going to be hauling kids. They WILL puke in your car and you will not be able to get it out of the fabric. Get leather or leatherette. That is a hard requirement.

charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/toyota-camry-le-speed-drives/6198255521.html

3k civic

this, you wife will need to drive it from time to time too.

I wish, I've been looking in the delmarva area. So far I've gotten
>no title
>no contact info
>200 miles away and needs clutch

As far as my preferred car goes.
It's a combo fun/dd, just for me. If I were married I'd just get her a jeep and call it a day.

>kid
no. don't get anything nice. having a kid in your car is like having a little animal living in the backseat for 5+ years.

get a fuckin' Camry and call it a day. save yourself the other 20k and get a miata or something for your drive to work.

It's worth the drive. Looks mint for the mileage. And even if the engine blows it'd be worth putting a reman in.

FA20DIT has been a wonderfully reliable motor. Literally no known weak points (in terms of unmodified engines)

I work at a Subaru dealership. I'll be tad biased.

I've driven both the ST and the WRX extensively. I bought myself a 2018 WRX. You will have to test drive them yourself, and not much else will help you. But, if you're still curious, here are my thoughts.

ST:

>smaller, lighter weight, flickable feeling
>good power
>tight cornering feel
>fairly good interior
>turn in is aggresive

>poor shifter feel. Very rubbery, but still imprecise. Strange degree of resistance
>lots of body roll
>"center of gravity" felt high, atune to body roll and general driving characteristics
>small interior, cramped feeling; especially true in backseats
>torque steer is obnoxious. If you aren't a manlet, its not a problem. there is a daily reminder.
>FWD can be limiting in poor weather

WRX:

>larger, still lightweight, feeling of lowend grip
>very good power
>center of gravity "feels" very, very low. has a hunkered down aspect to it
>Turn in is very aggresive
> (2018+) improved shifter feel and very good clutch takeup
>loads of room, even in back seat. I'm 6'2" and fit very well even behind my own seat
>decent interior
>robust and proven AWD system enhances performance in poor traction.

>strange stock engine mapping. Has lots of fuel economy facets to it, which can most certainly hinder your day to day experience. It's overcomable once you get used to the querks, but like the torque steer in the ST, it's noticable on a daily basis.
>very shit infotainment, especialy true in base models. Premium+ is a touch better
>pior years had poor feeling gearboxes and strange clutch setup.
>polarizing design (18+ improves for some)
>understeer when at limits
>Meh stock brake pads
>heavier

I tried to fill you in with the gaps left by reviewers. I never had the "feeling" of the cars described. Overall, after driving them both extensively, I chose the WRX without any doubt. The whole feeling of the car was more attuned to my tastes, with the everyday driving experience feeling more special, more focused, and a touch more raw. Handling was superior, as was power, space, and i like the AWD system a fair bit.

Please don't take my word for it, and go drive them. You very well might like the ST more for its things i personally dislike.

>pic related, my personal 2018 WRX base model. Paid invoice, at 26700ish if you are wondering

Fanboy. Subarus are shit and have no redeeming features.

Well, that was a very poor attempt.

How much can I get off msrp? Heading to the deal in a few minutes to test drive.

>fairly good interior
>ST

WEW lad

>not posting the stock interior but some garrish gay as fuck "Tanner Foust" edition.

The stock interior doesn't have any of that obnoxious fake carbon fiber or red piping.

>he thinks the carbon fiber and red piping are the problem

I did not say it's a Mercedes S550 tier of interior. For what it is, the Focus's interior materials are a touch better than the WRX's.

It depends on the way you approach it, but WRX's have markup of about 1,500-2,000 bucks. That's it. At my dealership, and area for that matter, we're whoring them out if you are online shopping to invoice pricing on the 17's. In some remote bumfuckistanville in Iowa, then you're most likely not going to get a good deal on them. The 18's are going to be a fairly hard car to get a deal on. But I sell them, and my boss helped me out a little.

i hate that hard stiff leather. old cars had it supple and nice. this modern shit sucks

> he shifts with his left hand
> girls.laughing.png

why is it a "he"?

My location is Seattle. Pretty sure I want the 18 because I heard the shifter is smoother among other things like styling. Drove one today and I really like it, not sure if it is worth it to get the premium over the base model.

Truecar says people are getting maybe around 1k under msrp. Are there other sites to get info on the car pricing that I can use for negotiation?

Oh whoops, truecar was showing g the 2017 prices :/

is it a girl or boy?

>not ambidextrous

Buy a used Chevy SS.

6.2L V8. 5 seats. Very big. A used one is in or over your budget, but you're getting a hell of a toy instead of a Subaru that's over-priced

I'm ordering mine today. 2018 Regal TourX. 2.0T and AWD

Already gendering it?

Op here, its a girl, fuck any degenerates that say otherwise. My location is south Texas where there are alot of Hispanics that cant drive stick so prices tend to be a slighly lower.
Id love an SS, but they still are too damn expensive. The STIs are definitely to much, but standard wrxs are decent. If i cant get rwd i can live with awd

don't be a faggot, get a civic and spend the money you'd save by not buying a kid's toy on diapers and baby food

you're responsible for another living thing now, act like it

Op here forgot to mention i have other cars at my disposal. Whatever would be next is mainly just a fun/practical car

Check out a used regal tbqh

Do they come with manual trans in the US?

They scrapped manuals for 2016 or newer models. They kept 6-speed automatics for 2016 and 2017 models. The 2018 models will have 8 speed Automatics on the AWD and 9 speed Automatics on the FWD models. In defense of general motors, there wasn't much demand for the Manuals and the 8 Speed and 9 speed transmissions have computers that shift better than most humans can.

That said, I would have ordered my Regal as a manual if it were an option.

>All of these have 2.0 Turbo and Manual Transmission options

2015 Grand Sport {AWD available}
2014 Grand Sport {AWD Available}
2013 Turbo Premium {AWD available}
2012 Turbo Premium III
2011 Regal CXL Turbo

Get the new civic si sedan. You have a fun turbo to play with and it's light and grippy. Also it looks nice and tame, but is simply fun to drive, not like the overpriced type-r, you'll also have around 6k left to take your family on vacation or something, maybe get your your wife something nice
>Tfw you get all those insurance gibmedats cuz it's be classified as a "family car"
>You can turn with the godlike LSD FWD unlike the no-fun pigfat AWD with a 1 mile turning circle
>u get comfy si bolstered seats
>the sedan and coupe cost the same and weigh the same so you can can have whatever you like and not affect your driving experience
>god tier empeegees

Your sperm may be strong, but your pull out game is weak as fuck. I've been pulling out for 2 years solid and no babby to date.

I bet you couldn't even pull out of your fucking driveway.

Selling your sports car to get a sedan. Only a cuck would do that. Keep your sports car and buy an additional car.

op here, i am keeping all my cars, just getting rid of some that are not used anymore and are boring. I used to pull out like king arther too... got me safe through multiple woman. This time just decided to use condom cuz eh less mess. but shit happened, it broke, she took the plan b. Shit didn't work. She was ironically told she was pregnant when she went to get birth control.
Si was also on the plan, im pretty sure since it is getting over shadowed by the type R they will be some deals. Not to sure what i want yet, but after some test drives we will see what works. Just want some first time advice from people who already own the cars i am interested in.

2018 should have a Cruze hatchback with a 1.6l turbo diesel.

The tunes for the 1.8 turbo diesel Colorado have them pumping over 300 horses and well over 500 torque on the conservative tunes. The vehicle doesn't suffer fuel economy or anything with these tunes.