It feels weird that the next car you might could be your last non-autonomous car

It feels weird that the next car you might could be your last non-autonomous car.

Anyone else saddened by how close autonomous/self driving cars are to being mainstream?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FAvQSkK8Z8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

might buy

Haha, yeah over my dead body.

The perfect car for sjws/tumblrnuts but not me.

no, im not a regressive cuck who fears change

Change isn't always for the better

>drones own autonomous cars
>commute time can now be used as productive time before you even get to work, and even after you've left

sometimes it is

this is one of those times

as long as I get paid who cares?

>being a wagie

It just dawned on me how pointless and moronic this whole autonomous car thing is; if you want to be driven somewhere and read a book catch train / bus idiot.

>there are buses or trains to close to everyone

No, because I'll never ever buy one. Even if that's eventually all that's made anymore, I'll just keep restoring old ICE cars to daily.

why even have a car at that point
the train or bus knows where its going to
yep
pretty much every time and effort saving measure of the last 200 years has gone to waste

wow so buses and trains must be just as efficient and direct as cars huh?

Do you people even realize with refined autonomous cars, traffic will pretty much disappear? However a good driver you are, people won't crash into you anymore? People will die less? If you start driving at 16 you will spend around 5 years of your life driving, why not only shorten that with reduced traffic but be able to do something with it?

I will be sad that I won't be to hit 8k and scream through a tunnel eventually, but can I really argue against the benefits?

oh wait you're that guy that has monster energy stickers on his v6 mustang and HAS to rev every time he drives by the movie theater line. for sure dude.

honestly get over yourselves

No.

>sperging this much

go back to your containment board shill

>It feels weird that the next car you might could be your last non-autonomous car.
I won't be waiting that long to buy a new car. They won't be autonomous level 5 or better to be allowed on the road by themselves. But a level 4 car, if that IQ was put into a store robot (see Bubblegum Crisis anime) would be able to stock shelves (pull, open boxes, check, inventory, relocate, remove trash) and make decisions as well as direct customers to where items they want are located.

Long before level 5 is on the road, I think more of you online peeps need to worry about your next jobs that are futureproof for 10 more years.

How will a level 5 car deal with a carjacking???? Like in this clip webm

Fully autonomous cars are at least 20 years away at a minimum, and I find it highly doubtful that human operated automobiles will ever be phased out, but if that does happen it will take at least 50 years.

>sometimes change is always for the better

Hmm

>how will a level 5 car deal with a carjacking

Your property will rightfully be confiscated, and redistributed to the more deserving POC.

>Anyone else saddened by how close autonomous/self driving cars are to being mainstream?
I drive on one of the most dangerous stretches of road in the country. No.

They won't happen soon.know why?because every one that a company tries fucking fails!

I don't really care. As long as they don't take my baikus away I'll be doing just fine. My company is too cheap to replace all the semi drivers with auto bots anyway

Is this in america? Wtf is going on?

Refugees.

Absolutely awesome until autonomous driving becomes mandatory. So many retards not driving anymore, it's gonna be great.

I'm okay with cars having autonomous features if they are able to be completely disabled. If I could post on Veeky Forums during my daily commute I would.

>Is this in america?
>implying Trump is letting "refugees" into America

I can't wait for the day that an autonomous car can drive me to my local track, towing my track car while I shitpost on Veeky Forums. Driving on normal roads is a waste of time.

There may be a time when shitty drivers who don't really like cars all get themselve into self-driving appliances that don't drive like idiots, but the rest of us will still be allowed to drive ourselves. The rate of car wrecks will go way down. Car insurance cost will go way down. Motorcycles will become a much much safer option. This could be a golden age for actual car and/or motorcycle enthusiasts. Until the government bans all human drivers and we all move to Malawi where we can be free.

No. This is the future yurocucks chose for themselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=FAvQSkK8Z8U

Need to start preserving those old cars Veeky Forums

>do something the deep state doesn't like
>""crash""

>I will be sad that I won't be to hit 8k and scream through a tunnel eventually

Hit 8k kilometers on your bicycle while screaming like a retard?

>can I really argue against the benefits?

Yes you can and if you actually had a car you enjoy driving you would

It is impossible to fully implement in the near future. For full autonomous cars to work, they have to be aware of each other. This requires communication between all cars. Which also requires a unified com system.
Hacking these cars will be simple.

I'll be old and elderly by then so it'll be ok. I already hate old drivers. I don't want to become that which I hate.