/hou/ - Night Wave: Galveston here we come

Welcome to another Night Wave thread:

Previously on Night Wave Let's rev up those engines! Starting with a meet in Galveston, with a few people coming from different cities and even states.
This meet hopefully will bring everyone out who has been inactive and not feeling the wave. Too long has been since we did anything that involved more then 5 people, so let's go out there, have a nice cruise/wangan to Galveston, take some pics, eat some great food, experience the real wave and keep growing! See y'all the meet.

Date: July 29th, 3:30PM @ Whataburger on I-10 and Kirkwood.

New Videos:

Single Turbo Swap Part 1 & 2
>youtu.be/ugqI1_D4pMI
>youtu.be/5IsFwq7O5RY

Sunset Drive (timelapse)
>youtu.be/AIJC4d0yoTU

Check out our roster (we'll do some updates on that)
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan

ZeeMaps
>zeemaps.com/map?group=2109989&location=Houston, TX#

Walkie Talkie app
>zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

Instagram
>instagram.com/night_wave

Reminder:

Bring as much as camera equipment as you can, let's try to get a lot of footage for memories and for those who will miss this meet.
Get your playlists ready for that wangan.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dunno, this will be my first night wave meet.

Just hoping to chat shit with likeminded ppl and do a bit of driving. Regular meets are just everyone jerking over a few VIP cars and ppl trying to impress everyone.

Continuing on:

The meet will last till late midnight and we should be back in town around 8PM or 9PM, so come along.

Car shows get boring fast, sometimes you can make a mini meet out of them and even find some rare cars that you've never seen which is exciting.
As for what makes Night Wave meets different is the fact we drive our cars, I don't know of any Houston crews who wangan together, under one name.
I've seen many people cruising together but that's all. Which is fun in it's own way but pushing your cars to their limits has it's own special type of fun
that I don't think anything can replace that.

This meet will be a bit different, since our main event is not a touge or wangan but instead
is a cruise, so I'm not sure what to expect in terms of fun since the first time we are doing that exclusively.

In short our meets go something like this:
Meet at Whataburger
Wangan our way to touge starting point
Wangan/cruise our way back to city from touge.
We then go usually at some diner like House of Pies (bantz, bantz and more bantz)
or we just head home afterwards. All this happens in 3 or 4 hours.

>We might find a car in the sand.
Or you can build one using a wooden form to allow you to pack the sand quickly into a fairly solid structure. It would take 2 sheets of plywood cut into hinged sections. Each sheet with hinged sections is symmetrical to the other sheet. The main sheet is the side of the front half of the car. One section folds out to form the sloped windshield. The 2nd section folds out to form the vertical front of the hood. It's simplistic shape, but the shape is easily sculptable because of its solidness. The other sheet is similar but for creating the other side of the car.

Each of the fold out sheets has small holes where a cord or twine goes through to hold the section together while sand is shoved up to fill the front of the mold. The wide open end of the mold has holes at the top to put a cord through to help keep the sides together due to the weight of the sand pushing it apart. Occasionally water is taken from the ocean or riverside to dampen and give heft to the sand structure so the sand hangs together.

When close to done, a slight shove to the sides will push the sand together. You then repeat to form the back half of the sand car. Once you get the rhythm together, you can make two or three of these on the beach as a conversation piece. All you need is biodegradeable chocolate syrup to write Nightwave 01, NightWave 02, NightWave 03 logo on the cars. You can't use tempera or other inks because of the no vandalism laws but there is no law against spilling a little food liquid.

yeah that would be nice, we should do something up in my neck of the woods sometime, sam national forest. on top of saving me gas money cause i live out here there are a lot of fun twiaties, just can be spooky since cyclists love to ride the roads

othermustanganon here, im also working till six but im gonna try to get off of work early. if not ill just meet up with you guys when you come back into town, im down to go karting or D&B

keep it posted on whats happening when yall get back, its a bit of a drive for me to get to Houston but who knows

hi mustanganon, what gen are you running, how many in the group? it always sucks going to meets and seeing a line of 10 stock sn550s and im in my 197 felling like i dont belong

2013 GT, we only have about 3 other mustangs. one is a 2015 GT but hes from Austin, another guy in an older sn197 but i dont think hes been to a meet in a long time, and my friend might come along in his new edge v6. What year is yours?

The mustang GT is from San Antonio and another NW member there got one too, the ecoBoost. The guy from Lake Jackson sold his SN197 :(

2012, yeah ive seen yours around the board

>he didn't put the map in the OP image

Way to fuck up.

ive seen yours too its super clean, really digging the stance. you should defiantly come to the meet

what map? there is no special route we're taking,
just going to Galveston

wow

what's the point of this again

i can do this at any rgular meet

Do what at any regular meet?
How hard it is for you to take the route for Galveston? I-10 to I-45, that's all there is to it.

This meet revolves around a CRUISE not a touge. If you don't want to do that, then don't show up to this one.

seems like a waste of a meet is all

Everyone else is excited for this one. Many people wanted to do a cruise for a while now.
We may do a touge in the night but that's not for certain.

I'll try to keep it posted if I can, whether or not we will do touge or not, then you can decide to show up.

ill definitely try when im not working, need to get Saturdays off

what do you get out of it

Fun, you fucking sperg.

are you going

What more can I ask, bringing Night Wave together, making it a fun event.

Gonna try.

why is that personally satisfying to you

It's hard to describe the feeling of knowing that there are people out there on the road with you.

Going someplace together, it's fun but that's not the word I'll use for that.
Sure I can do that with a few people as well, no need to call a meet for that
but involving others in that experience also helps in making it more memorable

and if I can have a day or night to remember for months or even years after
then it's worth it.

its like a sense of commodity for me, i think you need to know the people first, know they are good people so you can jive and have fun on the road with each other. its hard to achieve but when you do its perfect, wavy... just put on some good tunes, drive around with some people you like and try to relax.. its not everyone's cup of tea, personally ive never been to a meet i was a big fan of but never hurts to try

what if you hate everyone there because inside you really hate yourself and can't come to terms that you'll never be a likable human being but some part of you still craves that social interaction because you know being alone is a worse fate than being hated and youd otherwise kill yourself

this sounds like me

Then you already have a head start.
At least you know there is something wrong.
But what's important is to try.

You'll always find people who will dislike you, it could just be the way you talk or the way you dress.
There is a chance that you may find people who seem to like you
but don't expect it to be all of a sudden, maybe if you're willing to give others a chance then others can do the same for you.

If you really hate yourself then some people will see that and even avoid you because of it.
But there may be some people who see that and want to help you out.
You won't really know until you try.

what about you

what do you think of yourself

I'd say I was the same for a while, this was before Night Wave.
Tried my best to interact with people, make friends, have something to fill the gap of my social cravings.
Eventually years passed and this kept going on and I really thought this will be my life forever.

The worst feeling isn't knowing you have nobody to talk to, the worst feeling is knowing there is nobody out there who will listen to you.
Being surrounded with so many people but yet in your head it feels all empty.

Do I still feel that way sometimes? Once in a while, but I do remember the years before
and I'm glad I'm in a better place now. So I take try to get as much as I can from these moments and make something out of it.

But what about now? I'm still the same person really, just don't hate myself as much as I used to and maybe things will get better overtime, it could be worse and it was for a while too, but as long as I'm improving myself that's what really matters in the end.

fuck i came back to some real opened up shit, danm... either way we all like cars and as long as youre not a complete douche and be mean thats like the most you need for friendship... think about it all you need to do to make friends is to not be an asshole lol, if thats not achievable then maybe its beyond reach but i doubt that

Thread turned into a therapy session.

REEEEEE NORMIES GET OUT

obligatory

>The worst feeling isn't knowing you have nobody to talk to, the worst feeling is knowing there is nobody out there who will listen to you.

.................. :(

We real feel hours now : (
hold me

>because inside you really hate yourself and can't come to terms that you'll never be a likable human being

:((

Life's too short for these feels anons.

Most people in the world are dicks. Fuck em, who cares. Most people in the world are not like you and you won't get on or enjoy bonding. Fuck em, who cares.

It's moments like the meet, moments where you get to interact with like minded people, people you'll spend time with and maybe go grab a beer with or wrench in an engine together, people you'll shoot at txt too at 3am and they'll come meet you for a drive. That's what makes it all worth while.

You can't focus on the bullshit, because theres just too much of it, you'll drown in it.

Focus on the good times, ignore the bad. This doesn't mean go thru like with a fake smile, it means fuck everything else, it dosnt matter.

You make choices, you have good times, you don't look back.

Well said.
It's difficult to keep those things in mind
especially when you're feeling down.

I hear ya user, I went thru years of feeing like what you're all talking about.

Trying to relate to people, trying to find happiness.

Then one day I realized half the time I was feeling like shit about not being happy, was the only reason I wasn't happy... I stopped trying to do things I didn't wanna do, things I felt I 'should' do.

I just did what I know I enjoyed or felt like trying... now I can be blissfully happy not talking for people for a few days, drinking some nasty cheap wine and reading a book. Before when I was miserable that I didn't drive anything that fun, now I can sit back and think 'least it's not a $200 rusted out fiat',

I was miserable about the heat and not living in a nicer place, now I'm happy when I see palm trees, because I live in a god damn subtropical paradise that people spend thousands of dollars on just to go on holiday to experience.

I'm only 28, but the older I got, the easier I found it to enjoy the small things.

>I'm rambeling kn coz I'm kinda lit, but y'all get the idea

end of real feel hours tonight

Getting excited for the possible night stages!

Did we decide on D&B vs GoKart yet? And what's the price of karting? Coz I'm one broke ass user

Any news on lake Travis yet

>Tfw live on Eldridge and i10
>but drive pigfat slow V6 stang
Wew lad

Maybe I've seen your V6 Stang
Also live on Eldridge and i10
What color? Where exactly?

it's still there

OwO
Broad stone memorial apartments. "Deep impact blue"

I'm between Memorial Dr and Briarforest Dr on Eldridge

It's more than likely I've seen your Mustang
but unless there are some exterior mods done to it or has stickers, there is no way to tell.

>tfw you already know the i45 traffic is going to be hellish

If I overheat are you guys gonna help me

If I roll backwards on a ramp will you guys laugh ;_;

heh

hit the ebrake

Never leave a man behind etc!

I'll move, then laugh, then help

I'll have some more time to mull over the plans next week during my vacation. I'm still shooting for the 12th, chiefly because it's the only weekend I'm free before I move away for school and I don't wanna miss my own meet, kek

About to have a '97 Auto Mustang GT Convertible for sale. Someone help me fund my return to the touge and buy it.
Miss you guys.

>97 mustang GT
Awesome

>auto
Oh...

Where you moving too user?

I'll let it go below KBB value :^) give you some room for a manual swap friendo.

If I had the cash I'd consider it user, broke as fuck tho I'm afraid. Besides, I want a foxbody, just hoping I get the cash together before they skyrocket in price, they've already started to go up since I've been looking

I feel you for sure, i'm just trying to flip this thing.

You see, Drive had the right idea.
Driver used a Impala to blend in and the most common car color.
He is the real hero.

A R E A L H U M A N B E I N G

A N D A R E A L H E R O

Pittsburgh. It'll be my last year there.

Shit I live off eldridge and I10, but theres a ton of mustangs but I may have seen you. Youre certainly welcome, all shitboxes are welcome. My plastidipped bozo piped cucked M3 that spewed oil from the exhaust was welcomed with open arms

I like Pittsburgh, wife's from there & spent a bunch of time there so I kinda adopted it (and the steelers) as a semi-home town.

I really like how all the roads are set up with endless bridges and those big ass tunnels. Makes for comfy night drives!

Don't miss the snow tho.

pics of bozozoxuku exhaust
I remember seeing your bmw posted once where only you and some other bmw showed up

>when you have two night wavers living in a mile between you

Good Feels

this is the fucking worst
why cant you just be like a normal meet thread
why do you need to be so gay?

You wanna talk about it?

On the left is the brother's Saab, but he sold it and got an Alfa.

>Saab
>Alfa
does he have a thing for cars that less people like

Who dosnt like an Alfa?

They're the iconic drivers car.

>Who dosnt like an Alfa?
ask normies and probably 75% don't even know what it is
maybe not like, but less popular

nice saab

Are GTI drivers welcome? Will I get bullied?

SoCal get out

>SoCal
what?

>Tfw found 2012 GT with 40k for $16.5 but I would need to sell my 2014 V6 with 18k for at least $14
fug

m8, no one cares what you drive as long as you drive

So what if he gets cars that "less people like"? If you're buying a car just for status, youre doing it wrong.

i don't think that's what user meant

he probably was just being curious as to if he has a thing for uncommon cars
some people might want rare cars to stand out a bit

Yes, very much so. We both love cars that are uncommon, i guess it's our way of standing out. His Alfa is very flashy, and it stands out, at least to me. Compared to my shitboxes, it looks like a gift from god.

So did we ever get a roster made??

Who's coming?

The ones I do think are:

E46
Z3
ATS(?)
Sonic
Fiesta st
Focus st
F150(?)
Mustang
Mustang(?)
Civic
Civic
Elantra
SC
RX-8(?)
Corolla(?)
Volvo 740
Jetta
GTI(?)

I'm sure I'm missing a few others too

Who off-road nightwave here?

Don't know if I can still cruise with the shitboxes.

damn, is that Cruiser yours? looks fuckin nice

Do you texasfags literally all meet up just to drive in straight lines and blast shitty music? I'd rather hang out with the boomers that hardpark at cars and coffee.

>Never leave a man behind etc!

>Go inside gas station for 2-3 minutes to take a leak
>Everyone leaves
FD will remember this

>blast shitty music
not my fault you can't deal with blue

youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc

Is GS not coming?

oh right focus user too (brit)

Yeah, I'll try to make an appearance on Saturday.

Yeah, can Neon calm the fuck down this meet?

Just don't follow him, he'll do everything by himself.

MEET AT SCOTTY'S HOUSE

What was his address again? We were supposed to do this like meet 2.

Scotty's house PLEEEEEASE