Raising engine output

I know that probably none of you ever came across engine like mine, but all and all engines are pretty the same.
So i have this 3 cylinder turbocharged suzuki engine. K6A. They put them in a lot of their kei cars and recently caterham started to put them into their base model Seven.

Engine is restricted to 64 hp as kei car laws require. I am quite ok with how it drives and all i just wish i had it easier when going uphill. There is one guy who did some expensive mods and got 108 hp out of same engine, but i don't have that kind of money. Caterham version of engine produces around 84 hp or so.

Engine is full stock with only rear half exhaust being stainless supertrapp fart can. There are no one to punish me for "illegal" engine modification here, so i can go as retarded as i want to. I just don't want it to affect engine durability too much. So i tend to leave stock filter. I do change oil quite often, 2150 miles or so.

So we have here small 0,66 liter turbocharged engine. Will cutting out cat help much? Or will it only work if i do full straight exhaust made out of wider pipe including exhaust manifold?

The most obvious way would probably be raising turbine pressure? I just don't want it to be too much stress for engine.

Just want to hear your opinions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x4yLqyiM0hQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kGMbvGJa8xE
youtube.com/watch?v=8Kp2-Jk8cNk
youtube.com/watch?v=Lz1-WvO80Os
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

taking the CAT out will always lessen restrictions in the exhaust system. If there are any power gains to be had from freeing up the exhaust flow, de-CATing will always help.

Especially with a tune to take advantage of it.

Cutting out car will make car smell like ass, right?

it'll make it smell like gas when under load

*cat

Limiter off
Bigger injectors
GT15
Etc

look up what people do to the sports kei cars

more so than it normally does, yeah. It gets worse the more fuel you spit out the exhaust. Rotaries, for example, when de-CATed smell like a rolling fuel refinery. Most other gas cars aren't nearly as bad.

It tends to be most noticeable when you're running particularly rich for one or another reason

>Limiter off
What kind of limiter? I am not very good at engine mod slang.
>GT15
It says it's designed for engines from 1.0 liter. Does that mean it will spin at even higher rpm than my stock turbine? Because it takes 3000 rpm to spin it enough to produce some boost. My car is Jimny so low range rpms are sort of important too.
>Etc
Not sure what this is except for traction control which i don't have.

>look up what people do to the sports kei cars
I hate to be the lazy guy but i really have no idea where to look.

those 657cc engines are limited in power deliberately. you can turn that limiter off. as for the turbo GT15 are the go to for those engines the slightly slower spool doesnt really matter because they rev past 10k with the limiter off anyway. etc means et cetera.

>no idea where to look
k6a was used in the second gen cappuccino plenty of people modify them. people dont have much trouble getting them to 100hp without much work.

You mean to tell me stock k6a can take 7 - 8 even 9 k rpm? I find it hard to believe.

Past 5.5k rpm engine is screaming more than actually producing power.

So you mean i need cpu reprogrammed to unlock that 64hp limiter?

Install direct injection

Some people told me changing stock on the engine mounted intercooler to front mounted intercooler will give noticeable difference. I can't see why.

it's a motorcycle engine with the top end chopped off to meet power limits

because it wont be soaking engine heat from being right on top of it and get more airflow from being in the front of the car?

You can up boost by 12ish percent with a controller. after that you're in a world of hurt/$$$ there's some shops that make parts but they're fucking expensive.

hold on, I could get a cappucino and have a fun city car that revs past 10k? WITH TURBO NOISE?

Fucking hell how much are they?

ask these guys
youtube.com/watch?v=kGMbvGJa8xE
youtube.com/watch?v=8Kp2-Jk8cNk
youtube.com/watch?v=Lz1-WvO80Os

This

Look into suzukisport but good luck, you might be better off with a gearing change + some minor engine modifications (Boost by 10-13% and intake/exhaust) for the hills.

>will give noticeable difference
on paper, yes, but would that be noticeable?

You're fucking screwed OP

The ECU can't account for much more boost so you need to go programmable if you want more than 70hp and go fast parts are fucking expensive.

Unfortunately that says nothing about how long engine can take this abuse.

And can we get them in amurica?

would be fine. it is a heavily restricted motorcycle engine being opened up.

>can we get them in amurica?

unfortunately no, unless you're willing to retrofit the car to meet safety standards or import one 25 years or older

>There are no one to punish me for "illegal" engine modification here

drop a hayabusa engine in there

25 year rule matey, actually a few for sale here in the states. Plenty of importers to bring one in for you as well.