[MG - Miata General]

Ordered new headers yesterday. What did you do to make your Miata better?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/gqm_garagequinnmotors
youtube.com/watch?v=16y5rxRR-jU
youtu.be/3PweiYauLYA
straitupd.bigcartel.com/product/mazda-miata-door-graphics-package
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sold it

Just bought NA8 and I'm enjoying it on and off for now, but when the weather gets colder then engine comes out and the build begins

what an utter fucking moron

I have some corner flares and side diffusers that I need to test fit then have painted, and a hard top spoiler that needs to be painted as well.

Question for anyone with a hard top spoiler. What did you use to hold it on? I want to use some sort of strong double sided tape, but I'm paranoid that this thing is going to fly off when I'm on the highway.

Why all the rice?

Sometimes I wish I was building a 180 or mx5 over a crx.

Because Veeky Forums hates it.

I went to a small miata meet up yesterday hosted by Rev9 and GQM and there were two cars that were actually worth taking pictures of.

First up being this heavily modified NB belonging to Quinn of GQM

instagram.com/gqm_garagequinnmotors

and this ND RF owned by Maxime of Rev9

Dude. Enough. We get it. You hang out with big shot YouTubers. Cool. Just contribute to the thread like a normal person and stop lowkey shoehorning

I'm contributing to this thread while you are constantly bitching.

SICK build

>What did you do to make your miata better?

Coilovers, sticky tires, rollbar, and a turbo. Transformed the car from a fun roadster to a riot of a street car.

Unboxed the header and found this, should I send it back or will the sealing fix this?

Go back to redit you fuck

Send it back. Or get a machine shop to fill it in with weld and grind it smooth.

But send it back.

Delrin door bushings.
Seriously they do wonders for how small and cheap they are.

My car has full stainless exhaust, hot air intake, roll bar, door bushings, stickies, Momo wheel, sticky Dunlop Drizzera 2 star, coilovers, stainless braided clutch and brake lines, and a soft top delete. (it's in my basement with a broken zipper for the plastic window, gotta love summer and garages.

send back

Hot air intake? Why should you do this?

fpbp

It's joke, I have a pod style filter on it right now from P/O, hot headers right next to it. waiting on a 3d printer for right now. Google 3d printed miata CAI. Pretty neat.

Just get a intake from a Honda Prelude and cut a hole in the backside. Best intake build ever

never been on reddit but clearly you know all about it.

why haven't you braapped your miata yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=16y5rxRR-jU

jesus that sound like shit

>implying the BP doesn't
youtu.be/3PweiYauLYA

Trying to sell my two NB projects to make room for my ND. Both aren't running but we're running before I let them sit. One has a smashed front end, other is a bit surface rust but has a hard top. I have the price set high at $2k since I'm not in a rush to sell but if I end up wanting to sell them quick, what's the lowest I should go? I've been getting a lot of interest in parting it out, what would a shop charge for doing that?

>implying implications

I beat the International Space Station in an uphill touge battle and got to watch it trace across the sky at sunset the other day.

Just part them out of your garage, that's what I did with my old '94 NA. I made about $3000 off that car in parts.
Be warned, it takes a while to get everything sold. It all depends on how thorough you want to be. You could just sell the major stuff and scrap the rest.

Gents:

Just picked up a 99 with 90k. 5 spd. The car came with a hard top and drove great, but when I took it off I noticed it definitely has cowl shake. The rear of the car shudders independent of the front over real bad pavement. How much of this is just "life in a Miata"? I know small verts have intrinsic shake but it's my first drop top. Would a strut tower brace help?

Also if I have clunks from the rear, should I just do every bushing? It has new v-maxx classic coilovers already

so my main relays are starting to fail on me much quickly then ever before. I had a main relay last me for about 6 months, then it failed on me 2 weeks ago. I replaced it with a napa one, only for it to try itself in the same spot again after a few days, and a 60 mile trip. I recently bought 2 cheap ones from amazon at $20 dollars, and they amazingly worked.

at this point, I cant figure out why its burning itself out. I tried the cheap one for 3 minutes on idle, and the plastic was already warm/almost hot. Anyone ever had any issues with the main relays?
I also had to reseat it a couple times, guess it got loose a little bit, but it would go back to a crank/no start when it was ill aligned.

Poor connections at the terminals building heat due to the resistance. You probably need to replace that connector too.

is that an LCD where the radio used to be or just something filling the space?

So I just did a whole bunch of testing
the one fuse on the left, turns out that it still works.
what ended up happening was that on every pothole, the engine would just stall entirely. I looked at the fuse and it looked like the thing was just moving around on every impact.

I took a some electrical tape, and pinned that shit down. what I also noticed was that the 4 bolts that hold the fuse box onto that plastic reservoir thing were all loose. I took a 10mm and tightened all of them. all in all, either the fuse jumping left and right might be burning themselves up, or the fuse box itself might need to be replaced.

I'm still gonna hold on to those 2 cheap main relays just in case, but I now gotta find out if its easy enough to replace the relay fusebox.

looks like a blank panel

id like a gt looking rear body, i think it looks great

looks like a miniature sls amg

what are the high price parts? They're both anniversary editions so they have torsens, nardi steering wheals, seats, etc. Interest I've gotten so far was for the hard top of course, seats, and catalytic converters. I've never parted a car out before.

Miata is gay

made a clownshoe inspired shop, pretty trash but a more realistic idea of what one might look like.
A sloped rear end like in your pic helps the looks a lot, but i'm too lazy to do that atm

stick it on the car, pussy

Any Miata drivers in Eastern Europe? I want to buy an old fun car next spring and an NA seems pretty cool.
How does it do in winter though? Ofc by winter I'll be driving mum's Qashqai again but I'd like to be able to take Miata out from time to time.

A good place to get an estimate for part pricing is isellmiataparts.com. they sell overpriced used parts but you can cut 20% off his prices and that's about what you can get from people on Facebook or Craigslist

Here's my records from when I parted mine out

Garagestar license plate mount $40
94 to 96.5 half shaft $30
hard top spoiler $45
finish panel $100
Personal wheel, Daikei hub, spacer, monsterflow intake, AEM cone $275
Front bumper $130
glovebox + all carpet + kick panel $110
R and L headlights, R surround, R cover $25
L and R fenders $60
hood, left turn signal, rad support, rad, and bumper support $320
left headlight motor assembly $20
all brakes $130
exhaust pipe $50
2 tires $50
bilsteins $100
Hollow spokes with tires $160
Door locks $40
Trunk $50
Corner lights + plug + bolts $15
Floor mats + soft top seals $30
Center console $30
Engine $400
Open diff $140
Driveshaft $60
Transmission $200
AC system $20
OBX header + yellow marker lights $50
Doors $40
Bronze hollow spokes $200
Wiper arms $30
R headlight motor $20

Net Total: $2950

youll get laughed at, unless youre a manlet and youre used to it. Also i have a feeling its harder to find miatas in eastern europe.

>shop for miata
>everything is gutted interior, deleted ac, no power steering
I mean I get it, but still. Fuck. I just want a decent interior so I can squeeze some halfway decent speakers in there, don't need ac.

What would you drive if you couldn't find a miata, but still wanted a vert?

an NB miata.

Whut kit is this

thoughts?

straitupd.bigcartel.com/product/mazda-miata-door-graphics-package

1. It says right there
2. You couldve reverse image searched to find out as well

Use your head next time

you can spend $50 bucks+shipping for something that won't make you care handle better or save your money and get something worthwhile.

Thanks man! What tools are a must get for me to part it out?

No problem bro I had it saved in my notes. Just basic hand tools and an angle grinder/cutting wheel for some stuff. 3/8" and 1/4" drive sets, breaker bar with some big sockets, screwdrivers, pry bars, a pump jack, and an engine crane.

Justa added corner flares, side skirts, and OEM rear mud guards.

bump

bump

so is the Tochigi Fuji LSD better than the Torsen?

The Tochigi-Fuji units seem to be less reliable than the NB1's Type II Torsen. Google and you'll find lots of links to Miata.net about the differences and problems with the TF units.

I've not driven a TF car but the Type II feels great to me. Lock under decel makes for a nice stable turn-in and very positive follow-through as you lay on the gas. It makes the car very throwable and less twitchy in a slide.

OP is this your car? if so i'm gonna either need more pics or your insta

>What did you do to make your Miata better?
i washed it

I like everything about his car except for the wheel choice, the engine is a work of art

ruined

How's that intake working out?

Been thinking about something other than the oem airbox, but most just give a change in exhaust noise at most

Its fun to hoon in the snow. The car slides everywhere. The heater is really good. No issues with water coming in. Snow builds up on the nose of the car. I have a hardtop and i cant say how warm it is with the soft top.

Why isn't there just a MAF/pod filter combo that bolts directly to the throttle body?

What's the deal with the long-ass intake tube and why is it seemingly necessary?