Straya

i know that the /DAT/ is gone because of dumb fights, but i've been looking at studying abroad in straya, and i want to know which unis are good?
which are bad?
(also nsr because yes)
which places should one stay away from?

bump

Good at what?

good as in renowned at physics or mechanical engineering. my b for not specifying

maquarie university
usyd
uts
unsw
western sydney if youre poor
anywhere else if youre literally retarded

out of those places, where would be the best place for living?
what about the cheapest?
thx for the reply lad.

fforgot a fukken pic tho

Mechanical engineering go to a Perth uni like UWA, WA is basically mining central so our unis are actually decent when it comes to engineering. Be mindful though there is a massive over supply of engineers in Aus so don't get your hopes up on a job here, most Aussie engineers have to fuck off overseas to get work.

is the automotive engineering market flooded as well?

Basically isn't one anymore since Ford pulled the plug and GM is shortly to follow.

ferd pulled the plug on aussies? when did that happen?
what about stealership mechanics?

....is that full or dead too?

The 'Group of 8' are the most prestigious.

This list seems to assume ur moving to Sydney

Also, Australia has a lot of international students, don't expect unis to be full of crocodile dundee types.

They shut the manufacturing plant. All our cars are imports now

Barely ever an opening at a dealership because they know they have a cruiser job so they never leave. Ford pulled the plug September last year and no longer manufacture anything here besides maybe some spare parts. Was a sad day loved the Falcons this is my turbo ute.

i am not moving to sydney, i am still just looking for unis and considering options.
are there any regions in straya one should avoid, like rio in brazil or detroit in the us?

this sucks balls. did the prices go up too?

is there a job anywhere in aussie-land?
>turbo ute
isnt it a bit uh, dangerous to have a short wheelbase and lots of power? (plus no rear end weight)

If there's anywhere I'd avoid it'd be western Sydney, full of people high on drugs and just generally a really poor area with everything that goes along with being a shit hole. Yeah the utes are a bit dangerous but it's been apart of the Aussie car culture for a really long time, nearly all of them have live axles with lsds so they're basically just designed with burnouts in mind not much else they're useful for. I personally just like the look.

i love ute's, its just that i've been wondering.
i mean, technically brazil has them (if you say that an ute is just a small pick up truck) and we technically have some hatchbacks that are factory made into pickups(if im not mistaken) and its quite common for people to rail those.
so western Sydney is the big shithole in australia? thanks

I guess the closest thing the states ever had to a Ute similar to the Falcons and commodores was the el Camino and the ranchero, but we also regard things like the Colorado and Amarok and the like as utes just because it's our coloquial term for that body shape.

And they're actually not small, the performance utes like mine are just short in height as it's been lowered about 3 inches all round and come factory pretty low, they're the same length as a large family sedan as that's what they're based off of.

oh, whenever i heard ute i thought of small pickups, since yknow, that's what the usa cucks itself with the chicken tax.

i want to go to australia because it seems that you guys have a shitton of racing championships and what the fuck not.
brazil has pretty much no autosport world.

(also my brother's rz350.)

>UWA, WA
>maquarie university
>usyd
>uts
>unsw
>western sydney if youre poor
>anywhere else if youre literally retarded
so uh are these the only worthy mech/automotive engineering aussie unis?