Redpill me on Veeky Forums, has this board ever helped you make money or taught you anything useful?

redpill me on Veeky Forums, has this board ever helped you make money or taught you anything useful?

yes indeed. i have learned many things when i researched some anons claims. it always helps to follow up on the posts and look for facts and patterns yourself.

i have learned much about investing and what differentiates it from speculation.

it's just hard to ignore the hysterical shills that will spout nonsense and abuse at everyone not jumping on their particular bandwagon and have a decent discussion about real pros and cons and outlooks of something.

Veeky Forums tipped me off about monero and then I made $800 once. In general I like the extreme negativity here as a counterbalance to possibly unfounded encouragement you'd get in other places.

No. Most people here are NEETs or wagecucks.

Veeky Forums will familiarize you with financial terminology like 'NEET' and 'wagecuck'

I've been here since the board was first created.
95% of threads are OP asking a question, people giving a couple unhelpful responses, and then the thread dies without OP ever making a second post.

Like this thread for example.

So people don't put much effort into their replies.

Board is full of short ideas, it's like odd lot theory x1000

Veeky Forums showed me Viral Anticapital

>has this board ever helped you make money or taught you anything useful?
Nope. I made 50k off bitcoin back in the day. Paid off debts and make 60k a year now. Everything goes on Cabelas credit card and I make money back and use it on ammunition for my funs.
/k/ here.

Looking to buy a house next, and I'm only 26. Married with a loving wife and no kids. Veeky Forums has been autism so far. Haven't learned anything from here yet. Not sure why I'm even here. I don't think there is anything else I can learn from this board...

I started investing because of Veeky Forums. Aside from that I can't think of anything.

No, it is utter garbage, and you will learn nothing, unless your financial IQ is 62. In that case you will learn from people whose financial IQ is 75.

I put $100 into some robinhood 2damoons for about a week and made $20 net and took it all out in fear of losing it all. I only had like $250 to my name though but I would've considered some smaller long term stocks.

This board was great for the first couple of months. I learned about personal finance and feel much better about my overall finances in the present and the future now. My parents have always been against banks and credit cards and my other family members only make like 20k a year. I am the only one who makes over that amount and I like to think what I read on here has helped. I like reading about the personal experiences of people belonging to a class system I know now I will never get to experience. This board gives great advice if you are willing to look for it.

There was a thread about a year ago made by someone who did very well at sales and I followed his advice and ended up doing pretty well in making sales when I worked retail in college.

ive made tens of thousands, little under 40k.
Probably a handful of threads a week that will have some good material. Its just being able to decipher fools.

>what did you make money on?
galaxy nd nvida and one other stock i forgot the name of
also btc and altcoins like. monero, eth, etc trump and a couple others

I have a question, where can i find a website that will let me buy stocks without any bullshit? i don't mind paying an upfront commission but after that i want to buy/sell/manage the stock on my own

The book threads are useful, but other than that to be honest I've given out far far more good advice than I've received here

I'm with you on this one. I would also like to know.

I'm seriously a investment illiterate. I know little and would like to know. I'm always broke and would like to not be, and I have a decent job. Just shit happens in life and gotta shell out money I don't have. So I need to start investing.

Bumping for answers

>has this board ever helped you make money
Nope, I actually lost money listening to the retards on here. I was thinking about purchasing Seaworld stock when it was at about $12 per and some user talked me out of it on here. Now it's at $18 per.

>taught you anything useful?
Nope

yes, some stocks that were posted by anons here gave me 200% upside on investment.

however knowing what is good and what is bad needs experience and knowhow, else you are just gambling.

I read the recommended books package and learn most of people on Veeky Forums didnt.

good books by the way, thanks.

what's the biggest difference between investing and speculation?

well risk is one big difference. but also if your investment does not yield anything you are expecting your return from increase (or decrease) in price you are speculating as nobody can predict the prices at any term really. it's gambling.

the only exception would be betting on the total market to go up long term because that should alright and the diversification will take the speculation out of your strategy.

basically individual picking of growth stocks is speculation (unless you are warren buffet or something) and investing in index funds is investment.