I made a thread yesterday about my car going into limp mode. Is coolant supposed to be at 180°F?

I made a thread yesterday about my car going into limp mode. Is coolant supposed to be at 180°F?

That's fine for coolant. My civic and volvo ran at 194

oh ok. so i think I found out the problem. I think theres a leak in my car. any idea how much that's cost to fix?

>leak
>throwing codes
Yea nah. Check the codes.

>implying the leak can't cause things to happen which would throw a code

stop driving a cobalt ls

I know it's a pos but I'm already saving up for a porsche. it was a present from my sister when she got a new car.

You made this stupid thread yesterday. Get your car scanned you faggot. Stop trying to fix it yourself when you don't know enough to fix it and aren't willing to put in the work to learn enough to fix it.

whoa relax, it's just a thread. I just want to know if someone else has had this problem before and howd they got it fixed.

learn to google bud, its a wiring harness issue

someone told me it was a coolant problem, someone else told me to check the gas cap. it could be a lot of things, this is why I'm asking.

Have you had to add significant amount of coolant to it? If the car was overheating from low coolant that would throw a code.

>i just wonder if anyone else has had this problem
Too bad you're too busy being a faggot than getting it scanned and finding out what the actual problem is

>present from my sister
>cobalt
You sure she isn't trying to kill you?

I got it scanned. the mechanic said he had no idea what was wrong with it. If you dont have anything to contribute then I'll just ignore you.
there's people who actually have been good pals about it and have been helping me on here.

I chuckled. I wouldn't put it past her desu

Nothing is supposed to be in °f. It's not 1917

Take it to the dealer, pay diag fee and let it be over with. If a mechanic tells you he doesn't know what's going on, you probably don't want that mechanic to fix your car.

Sounds like a possible timing issue. cam sensor?

So it throws no codes?

That's when the thermostat opens it's not the coolant system

I hate it too but unfortunately I can't just say "hey fellow Americans let's all use the metric system starting tomorrow". As much as I wish I could do that it would be a gigantic pain in the ass to convert an entire country larger than most of Europe over to metric. Not to mention they tried that in the late 70s and it failed. If you go to some really rural parts you might still see old speed limit signs that show both MPH and KPH.

SAE really is dogshit though, why would you want to use fractions for all your tools and have to do math in your head or memorize to go between sizes, when you could just add/subtract a millimeter? I really hate working on old American cars, especially 80s ones that have both SAE and Metric fasteners.

>Is coolant supposed to be at 180°F?
Mine is always in the 190 to 200 range. There's thousands of reason it could be going into limp mode.