Help me Veeky Forums

Help me Veeky Forums

I can't decide between a 2018 WRX and a slightly used Lexus IS.

The WRX is more raw and has a clutch but the Lexus is comfy and has all the luxury I need.

Do you want a manual or not? That's all it comes down to since they're both good commuters

Lexus unless you're a faggot boyracer.

Last I checked, this isn't /b/, frogposter, fuck off with your off-topic maymay shit.

I would like a manual but the tradeoff to me is that I am stuck with a less luxurious car. I know you can have both but. I prefer the flappy paddles on a luxury sedan. My concern is novelty or fun will wear off and I will just.want some comfy.

Understood, I actually never thought I would consider a WRX since I drove one years ago when I was literally a boy racer. The thing is, the WRX is super affordable and also fun.

What's wrong with frogs? I wouldn't know whst s on /b/ because I literally only come to this board and a couple other slow ones. Been on Veeky Forums since 07 when I learned about Veeky Forums from reading the nasioc OT forum.

Let trips decide for you. Don't you know anything about how things work around here?

You should buy an F-150 or a Silverado

Lexus. Exterior styling is a minus for me, but I believe in comfort > sportiness for DD when it comes down to it. You and the imaginary bitches you won't pull will enjoy the interior much better, which is where you spend your time driving your car for many miles

Neither, get a used geo metro and invest the rest of the money.

Ok yeah, good idea. Trips decide WRX or IS

Not fun to drive

Yeah but I will not be getting a second sporty car anytime soon. I like to drive a car that can be my potential track car but is also a daily.

The true question is whether my (imaginary) wife will enjoy the WRX or just wish I had a Lexus.

I respect the sentiment but I really want a car that offers a little more. I have been pretty good with money and am finally in a position I can rationalize getting something nice.

A VW GTI or Golf R would fall in between the two. A little luxury, a little sport. A little reliability, if you're lucky.

I'll also check out used Infiniti G37s or whatever they're called now (Q40? Q50?).

How old are you?
Over 30? Get the Lexus

If you're not looking to get 35+ MPG everywhere like a small hatchback, G37S sedan and coupe (Q50 and Q60 respectively) are great cars.

Little luxury, little sport.

If you do end up buying a WRX for whatever reason, buy the Cobb access port because you're going to bitch and moan about the revhang in the WRX.

Get a 2009-2014 CTS-V.

Manual, 556hp, Luxury

>2014 CTS-V
Except it weighs 2 tons which isn't exactly the best for fun driving.

Haven't really considered Infiniti, do they still make them with manual, or recent models?

I did.try the 2014 s4 with manual and it was pretty fun... Its just so hard to find manuals on these luxury cars, also would prefer Japanese for reliability and repairs.

Almost at the 30 mark, so yeah it would probably make sense to get something refined. I just want to feel like I am driving an enthusiast car.

>I just want to feel like I am driving an enthusiast car.

Then why is the WRX on the table. Everyone and their dog has one, theyre more common than all the Camaros, Corvettes and Mustangs that you see. The WRX is just an Impreza with a hood scoop and a wing.

Yeah I have heard about that. The this that bothers me is only the limited model comes with led lights. I don't really want to spend thousands more for just a few features and I also don't want to need to do a retrofit either.

Because it has manual transmission, awd and has a tuner community. It is also more economical and a better daily than a sti. It may be common but manuals seem to buying dying and I like that Subaru still offers them new.

>looks like shit
>interior isn't as good as competitors
>heavier than life

Nope

I kinda like it lol and I would totally rather drive it than a subaru or a lexus. It's also pretty rare, based on what burger anons say.

Do you want to extract more power from the engine a few years down the road? If yes, get the WRX. If you'll happy with the 241 hp in the Lexus for as long as you'll own it, then get it.

The caddy just doesn't hit the spot, especially that older body style.

I think the fun part with WRX is that I could modify it to get more power and not get bored.

Not the guy from earlier, but I highly recommend infiniti. I own a 2011 G37 ipl and it's the best I could have asked for. Clutch, luxury, and speed. And the best part....

>That vq37 engine note

Trust me OP. You won't get tired of it anytime soon

The engine is decent and all it just doesn't look or feel like a luxury car

Cadillac is having a tough time establishing a proper identity nowadays

You clearly want the Lexus, why are you even asking?