Exotic Sports car 70k and under

I'm torn between the Maserati Granturismo S and the Jaguar F Type R. Both can be had for under 70k used from 2014-2015.

Which would you get and why? Any alternatives you recommend?

Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/d/aston-martin-vantage/6224369039.html
cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2014-Porsche-911-c23958#listing=171664914
cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2014-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-t52544#listing=169568556
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The 911 would be another good choice.

But frankly the styling is a bit conservative for my tastes. I'll get a chance to test drive them all fairly soon, but I wanted to see what you guys think.

Things that are important for me are

>reliability
>styling
>straight line performance
>comfortable interior

Other things would be pluses but not deal breakers

I'm generally sticking with 2014 or new because I'd like a couple years of warranty after purchase.

I'm not interested in muscle cars so Camaros, Mustangs, etc. aren't an option. I also am not a big fan of the corvettes styling or image.

Is it just me or is the Evora underappreciated?

Lotus is dying for a reason.

If you care at all about driving and not just appearing rich, get the 911.

The jaguar or Maserati aren't any good?

I don't care about appearing rich but I do appreciate distinctive and sexy styling. The 911 has looked essentially the same for the past 10 years and the tail lights aren't as cute anymore.

its too heavy for making just barely more power than later elises

Maserati is like Ferrari tier maintenance with none of the prestige. It hasn't really been updated since 2008, so performance and interior is lacking. I think it would be the most comfortable though.

LS7 GTM

Between those, Jag, no question.

The only Maserati worth getting was the Quattroporte before they refersehed it with pig eyes.

I don't have access to a garage

I actually really like the interior of GT, the steering wheel makes my hard - i don't really give a fuck about "infotainment" systems.

For me 455 horses is plenty but I'd need to test drive. I could care less how quick it is around a track.

Any Porsche is better

Less attractive than the Maserati and only .3 seconds faster 0-60. Not as comfy for long trips and you see them literally everywhere. It's the Toyota carrola of sports cars

Just looked it up. Maintenance costs should be considered. Expect the Maserati to average $5-6k per year vs the Jag's $1.7k-2.4k per year. That doesn't include tires. A clutch job on the Maser is $10-12 alone, and it'll need one every 10k miles

I know this has been beaten to death here and everywhere but pay to play. If it cost $150k new, it doesn't matter if you paid $40k used... it's still gonna need $150k-car service

Uh. The Maserati is automatic only.

Ok enjoy your shitty meme car FAGGIT

This

How is it a meme? Just calling something a meme is the worst trend on Veeky Forums today.

What car would you rather have?

>A clutch job on the Maser is $10-12 alone, and it'll need one every 10k miles

It's not rare, it doesn't look cool, parts won't be as cheap as Porsche, and Maserati will never have the reputation Porsche has

The Maserati is garbage. F-Type is great though

The first paragraph is completely incorrect

>much less commonly found than a Porsche
>I don't give a fuck what you think looks better, I'm the one buying and i think it's far sexier
>okay
>I don't care about "reputation"

Please elaborate, I really like the GT but I wanted to see if anyone had actual reasons to stay away or other options than the 911- which are rather boring to look at IMO

Cayman.

>what is Cambiocorsa semi auto

Why don't you just go all the way and get a ferrari instead?

Can't get a Ferrari under 70k

Clearly stated I was looking at a GT sport

>ZF 6 speed Auto

Holy fuck your dumb

Imagine Ferrari buying your company, making you use their stuff but purposely gimping it because they don't like anyone outperforming them. That is Maserati. Almost all the maintenance will have to be done at a Ferrari dealership. It will cost almost as much as having a Ferrari serviced. For the level of performance, attention, and comfort it offers, many just go with something else. If you like the looks so much that you think it's work going to the Ferrari dealership for, then by all means. I do like how they look.

Have you also considered Aston Martin? There are even some manuals in your price range.

seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/d/aston-martin-vantage/6224369039.html

>Exotic Sports car 70k and under
Don't even bother, just buy domestic and you'll be happier

I know, I was just trying to prove my belief that maseratis are a poor man's ferrari

Honestly though if you like that car more then go for it, don't let anons bully you into getting a porsche if you don't like it. I like porsche more myself but it's your car. They were right when they said maserati maintenance will be a bit higher but if you have a decent job you'll be fine.

>Paying 70k for a heavily used car weighing 4000+ lbs

Why tho

The GranTurismo is probably the most beautiful coupe ever made, but yeah... Maintenance will be expensive.

Why would you pay more for literally less car?

Everything Porsche will offer is over 1000 lbs lighter.

This is not insignificant.

Porsche doesn't offer a V8 with a 7.5k rpm redline.

I mean you can get 987.2 which are all over 7k, ~7200. 981s slightly higher for the 3.4L

What does the v8 buy you other than a car with an extra 1000 lbs?

>heavily used
Nope

>4000+
I test drive a 2012 quattroporte s, it was plenty fast for my needs.

I have but under 70k your talking 8-9 years old which sounds like a recipe for expensive servicing and maintenance

I'll still test drive the 911 and if it's much better I'll definitely have something to think about

No thank you

Gran Turismo 2

You won't get a good 911 for 70k, you just won't.
Your only option is Cayman for Porsche.

Maserati is Italian stallion
Jaguar is a prajeet curry box for poo in loos.

Think again faggot

cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2014-Porsche-911-c23958#listing=171664914

No accidents 13k on the clock

I'm starting to agree, the more I look at f types the less I like them. The R is pretty quick but I'm realistically never going to track it. The far extent of my driving will only be 120+ foolishness on a highway.

>Posts base Carrera
>Thinks it's good

Lmao, found the nigger that never drove one

Base Carrera is absolutely shit and you have no idea how Porsche works with options.

Go make your shitty choice, your lack of knowledge is showing

Just go for the Maserati GT since it's obviously the one you want.
It's the worst choice, but it's your choice.

Lets keep moving those goalposts why don't we?

4k over target price, nothing a wee bit of haggling can help, either way if it's truly that big of a difference I'll spring for an extra g or two.

How is the worst choice? If the negatives are only muh weight and muh maintenance then I dont really give a fuck.

Forgot listing

cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2014-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-t52544#listing=169568556

>sexier
>comfier interior and ride
>more exclusive
>better exhaust note
>still acceptable performance only .3 seconds slower than a Carrera
>more usable as a daily driver
>has an actual backseat

The choice is obvious

>Any alternatives you recommend?
>exotic
Look at the 4C. Carbon tub, mid-engine, and exotic looks. It's the most "exotic" thing you can get under 70k if that's what you're looking for. There aren't many of them on the road either, so it's pretty unique compared to either the Jaguar or the Maserati.
>Which would you get and why?
4C, and it's awesome

10 bucks is pretty fucking cheap for a clutch job

>reliability
This is really what sets Porsche above everyone else. You can put 200k miles on it and it will still run. Trying to do that with a Maserati or a Jaguar F Type R is going to be difficult. Porsche builds their cars to last.