I want a lightweight RWD sports coupe. Hmmm, which one should I get?

I want a lightweight RWD sports coupe. Hmmm, which one should I get?

The RF is pretty slick, I felt obligated to test drive one when I was considering options.

>miata $41k
>Corvette $50k

Mazda cucks are this delusional.

RF starts at 31,500 in the US. If you have the least bit of negotiating skills you can get one for 28K out the door

i unironically offended someone for calling the BRZ a toyota celica the other day.

it was fucking hilarious

C5 corvette

why not get a z?

he said lightweight

you need to get the nismo or otherwise it looks like shit.

Brz is the better deal by far.

To be fair, that mx5 weighs much less, is a hard top convertible, has better suspension, and a much more serviceable engine.

Depends on what you value.

Get the Subaru. The other one just looks like it's too small for even kids.

Nismo Z is about 50k. Camaro V6 1LE is under 40k and performs similarly but with a nicer interior.

No way a Miata costs $41K.

>Brz is the better deal by far.
>that mx5 weighs much less, is a hard top convertible, has better suspension, and a much more serviceable engine.

So how is it a better deal....?

It says right in op's pic.

Did you look at the OP by chance?
>BRZ = 28k
>RF = 41k
A fucking Mustang GT would be cheaper.

but an RF doesn't cost 41k..............

the miata rf is $31k in canada and brz is $27k

>31k
Nope. The performance pack (brembos/recaros) would have brought it to 45k.

Brz still has a great chassis and 50 more horsepower.

Basically, I don't think the mx5 perks are worth the extra $13k (brand new). Maybe if it were like $5-6k.

But if you're a richfag whole loves convertibles, the mx5 be worth more to you.

124 because it looks better than both

Mustang Ecoboob is better than both bro. Seriously OP get the Mustang Ecoboob. It's the best RWD lightweight sports coupe available dude. Really. Please buy a Mustang Ecoboob and make yourself proud man.

the brz costs just as much when you add "performance" parts

>3542 pounds
>lightweight

nice meme.

What retard would pay that much for either of those cars and even with these 15k "performance package" they are still slow cars

see the head 2 head episode motortrend made about this two

Brz
- cheaper
- boxer engine likes to rev
- no body roll compared to a little in the miata
- 2 emergency seats

Miata only for the convertible part

>The Entire Subaru BRZ
The fuck? Is there any option other than the entire car?

fwiw I got my RF for 32k

miata with a simple hardtop?

>buying pushrod, leafsping garbage

>GM
why would anyone punish himself like this? GM is trash

>buying a dental dam on wheels

a mustang GT isn't fun on the twisties also I dont find stop light racing fun either

and highway runs are boring.

Modern lightweight Lel
I..... Dislike new cars

No you gotta buy all the useless crap that comes with it.

Hokay so the thing you have to consider for both of these cars is modifications.

Wide wheels, good tires, coilovers, braces, bolt ons, tune, etc.

With the miata you really only have to stiffen it up and get some fatty wheels on it to keep it firmly planted. It's also 400lbs lighter and you won't have to spend as much to give it power.

86 /requires/ new headers and exhaust and a tune to eliminate your negative torque between 3k and 5k rpm. Plus the cash you're already throwing at it for coilovers and wheels to keep it planted.

Your RF is going to cost a few grand more off the lot but it will be cheaper to build and is just fine stock. 86 has a much better selection for modifications but they're expensive and also required because these cars are cucked from the factory.

So what do you want? Something to keep mostly stock or something that's going to turn into a project?

Are you telling me i can get THE ENTIRE SUBARU BRZ for 28k??

I'd pay for the seats. The brakes you can do yourself. For fuck's sake I've grown to hate these performance packages.

Yeah and theres pics that say the corvette is faster than the GT-R
Unfortunately theyre fake

The legacy continues.

>roll up to Toyota dealer in my AE86 to buy door panel clips because 30 year old plastic breaks
>group of salesmen standing outside
>pass by while walking to parts department
>"yo, is that a celica?"
>"nah, it's a Corolla GTS"
>"cool. Corolla Celica GTS."

are those cars yours? how often do people recognize the tofu logo on the street?

>28k new
I'd rather but a wrx for the same price