What is your national speed limit?

What is your national speed limit?

Other urls found in this thread:

etsc.eu/euroadsafetydata/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

80/90/100/120/130 km/u. (depends on the time of day)
Enforced by cameras everywhere.
But then again, best roads make driving a shitbox more comfy than a luxo barge on bad roads.
just use that cruisecontrol to avoid tickets.
>dutchfag

140 km/h

50hm/h - 80km/h city
90km/h back roads
110km/h highway in winter
130km/h highway in summer

Well, you have it posted right there.

120km/h

Too much for our 1.0 8v shitboxes from here

>tfw 85
God bless Texas.

There are actually countries that have a maximum speed of 45 mph

Having grown up in Germany, it took me a while to realize that every other country has speed limits.
Strange. Why do other countries do that?

140km/h but its limited to highways and there isnt that many of them here so you barely ever drive here above 90

you know how autobahns in highly populated areas get speed limits?
the Netherlands is like Nordrhein-Westfalen but a then a single country. Makes sense to get uniform highway rules.
> then again, there clearly aren't uniform highway rules, see .
In the north/east it would definitely make sense to copy german autobahns.
But imagine Autobahns with 99% gelbe Gefahr. People will die.

Because our traffic is moronic and the average driver can't handle speeds over 120km/h without oversteering/understeering in a ditch or the opposing lane.

That or our cars would fall apart.

40-50 urban areas, 60 or 80 on most non-highway well trafficked roads, 100 on two way 1 lane highways, 110 on the actual interstate ones

Israel. We just had it raised to 110 a few years ago in highways. Which means we can safely drive at 125-130 on those roads. 110 on 90 limited roads. And by that I mean u can drive it without any fear of getting pulled over. It's ok I guess. Police aren't assholes as well so that's a bonus. That said ppl with more balls go 140 and even more but I'd rather have peace of mind.

79 km/h city
119 non city roads
129 highways
149 high speed highways (only a few of them)

When I was driving through Germany last summer, only like 1/3 of the autobahns had no speed limit, mostly I saw 120, or 80 with road works (so many fucking road works)

50 km/h in built up areas (cities and suburbs) and 100 km/h outside built up areas
it's enforced heavily

51% of the Autobahn is without speed limits.

>so many fucking road works
The reason why no speed limit is possible

>lowest limit in EU
Might also have the shittiest roads of EU.

:^)

None.

Wrong, one third is limited. You probably drove through crowded as fuck NRW.

pretty nice that they let you go a bit faster at night in urban areas

Sounds like bullshit though because it increases noise when most people are in bed.

Come to think of it, I have trouble understanding the point of blanket speed limits that apply rain or shine, traffic or no traffic. Perhaps speed would be better off as a secondary offense on some roads that is only issued in tandem with actually reckless behaviors.

it's going to be because their main artery roads are dirt roads where each side drops 1000 feet into a electric crocodile infested lava and you only have enough room to have a motorbike pass another motorbike

>speed limit
lmao

Close your window

with "smart" motorways increasing in numbers, I certainly think that on days with clear weather with the sun shining, boosting the speed limit to 80 or even faster would be good
with Highways England being able to change the speed limit with a click of a button (it's probably controlled by a computer program instead of a human), it would be easy to implement and I'm sure after some TV and Radio ad campaigning, you could get people into the mindset that "80 mph is the limit but be prepared to slow down"

I certainly notice every time I go on the motorway there are always loads of people doing more than 70. On clear days on the motorway near me, the only people doing 70 or under are lorries or really old people.

The UK also has some of the safest roads in Europe.

etsc.eu/euroadsafetydata/

There may be a small correlation between deaths per 100,000 people and motorway limits, but it would be interesting to see how many motorway deaths per 100,000 people there are and then compare it to motorway speed limits and average motorway speed

The Autobahn is Germany's safety road network. It has nothing to do with speed limits and everything to do with
- proper construction (not exercised in the US)
- proper vehicle maintenance (not exercised in the US)
- and most importantly proper driver education (not exercised in the US) and driving etiquette (most definitely not not exercised in the US)

according to the pic it should be 140 but i think it got reduced to 130 recently

Construction is easily done here, and so is maintenance (MOTs)

I think driving etiquette would be the biggest factor against raising the speed limit here in the UK.
I know multiple Germans who say they a lot of British drivers don't practice proper road etiquette and they feel like they are constantly having to predict what other drivers are going to do next. Driver education in the UK also lags behind Western Europe. When you get your provisional licence, you can't drive on motorways at all and the only time you get tested on motorway signage/rules is when you do the written test. When you take your test, you might go on a motorway style road (dual carriageway, 70mph speed limit, on and off ramps built to motorway spec) but you don't go on motorways.
However, as soon as you pass the test, you are allowed to drive on the motorway and there are no special restrictions for drivers who have just passed like road speed or engine capacity. The two biggest restricting factors are car insurance, and the fact it's 6 points to have your licence taken away instead of 12.
Construction is easily done here, and so is maintenance (MOTs)

Other countries aren't filled with millions of autistic Germans.

Their loss.

>cameras everywhere
They're always in the same place and non highway roads outside cities practically never have speed traps.
The highway to my work is 2 lane 130km/h normally and 3 lane 100km/h during rush hour. Oddly enough, on my commute I usually get 110 average and 140+ top during rush hour and 95 average and 130+ top normally according to my dashcam.
German highway is terrible actually with all normies overtaking trucks while going 110 or sometime less. I get 100 average and 150 - 160km/h top... with a shit ton of braking for grannies and ecoshits.
t. another dutchfag

With his own hands.

t. truckerfag picking up in DFW right now

50 km/h in cities
80km/h outside of cities
130km/h on highways