UK to ban non-hybrid petrol & diesel car sales by 2040

>mfw UKcucks all driving Priuses in 20 years
Seriously though, what the fuck. Is this really happening?

theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/25/britain-to-ban-sale-of-all-diesel-and-petrol-cars-and-vans-from-2040

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-bans-vehicles-registerd-before-2000-fight-city-air-pollution-france-emission-reducing-a7542921.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>implying the UK will exist in 23 years

It'll exist, but not as the UK.

This.
btw OP they want to do this in all of Europe. Some major European cities already have an "old car" ban. Aka only cars 2000 and up can go in the city centre etc...
It truly is a cucked, terrible, libtard world we live in. May the tides change soon.

>It'll exist, but not as the UK.
>May the tides change soon.
The huge numbers of refugees and immigrants over the past 15 years has already made significant changes in european countries as you've no doubt read in the news. Car fires in france, riots in sweden, even attempts to implement sharia law in some UK townships, etc.

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-bans-vehicles-registerd-before-2000-fight-city-air-pollution-france-emission-reducing-a7542921.html

>Paris authorities have offered a “pollution ticket”, rolled out on Monday, which costs €3.60 for a whole day of travel anywhere in Paris.

Hahahaha wow. Yuropoor stronk

Its kinda moot tho... in 23 years time EV's and maybe even hydrogen cars will most likely have progressed to the level where there is absolutely no point for the vast majority of the consumer base to be using anything else, and as such the ICE will become a relic, and only ever really used in the most remote areas where electric power and hydrogen isn't available

>May the tides change soon.
Or maybe you could simply not live in overcrowded shithole cities if you're a car guy. Why would you?

>Ban the sale of Desiel and Petrol
The Sale of, not the driving of them. But PC cunts will probably push for a complete ban oneday. It's not a nice feeling.

Brits can still drive steam vehicles on the road. I don't expect them to completely ban anything anytime soon.

>hybrids are excluded from the ban.
Virtually every car will be a ""hybrid"" when 48v electrics become the norm.
This is headline grabbing bullshit.

Its just to appease the frogs while we negotiate brexit. some freemason who likes cars will have a quiet word with his mate in the house of lords and it'll quietly be dropped.

you....you didnt think this would actually happen did you? There is unironically and quite literally more chance of us all having chips in our brains to track our thoughts and auto-arrest us for hate crimes than this going through. Always follow the money.
>captcha - FRENCH STAY
kek

t. murican inhaling 6.2L of rolling coal freedom per day

Smell that freedom, you fucking frog.

electric cars are superior, americans will be left behind once again

Wew, it's a 90 eurobucks fine in a couple of cities in Dudeweedland

fpbp

Technology will have moved on by then, it would be like our rail network still using steam trains.

>it's an amerishart thread

>tfw most power is generated by coal and other non-"green" methods anyway.
>tfw that power is what powers the outlets in your home you'll use to power said car

nope, most of France electricity is nuclear

sperg more dumbass

Some euro countries are entirely powered by renewables, Scotland is most of the time although they keep a nuke plant running to send electricity to us.

Scotland manage it on the days with high winds and low demand, Austria, Norway and Iceland are better examples.

>some butthurt europleb actually spent time making this image
lol

>proving it right

>implying manually driven cars will even exist in 20 years

Say hello to your worse nightmare, self autonomous cars.

Thats gonna be real nice the next time we have a solar storm like July 2012 and nuclear plants start popping off like a bunch of fukushimas across the globe.

For reference that solar storm missed us. Just give it time though. A carrington event sized solar storm or even like the one in 2012 would make most of the planet uninhabitable.

if you actually think non-electric cars will be driven in 2040 you're delusional

>UK to ban non-hybrid petrol & diesel car sales by 2040
When they mean "Sale" I suppose that means all vehicle title transfers. Otherwise, I would visit my local London Honda shop and buy a 10kg bag of imported Japanese rice for 35,000 pounds and it happens to have a free Honda car thrown in as a bonus gift.

>tfw the city has more unemployment per capita

I hope you die, fucking faggot.

even with that being the case, its out of sight out of mind
.eg the smog is elsewhere

2040 is a long time from now.

EVs would take over by then anyway.

The only problem with EVs is price. Once they become cheap enough, they will immediately become very desirable. Petrol is fucking expensive. Nobody likes paying for petrol.

>implying I give a shit about driving some modern petrol econobox

The only cars I drive have a "classic" license.

If it's $50 of gas money every week that keeps me from driving an unenthusiastic hunk of shit appliance such as an EV, I'm more than happy with that.

If EVs take over anyway, then why would you have to ban petrol cars?

It's to force mass shift over. Otherwise, the infrastructure development is too diluted over time.