Mario Kart 8 Deluxe / Mario Spin-off General #1-D

Welcome to /mk8g/ - The Deluxe Era Edition!
Last thread: N/A

Discuss Mario Kart & Mario Spin-off Games!
Wii U players welcome as well (please get a Switch ASAP though)

>Wanna know what /mk8g/ is all about?
Watch these or be a loser:
youtube.com/watch?v=bc8KzuEmXyE
youtube.com/watch?v=bNMvL7z2ub0

>Our old Wii U Miiverse page
miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073268532636/14866558073646102396

>Game Codes
Main Lobbies:
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) 200cc
4023-7564-6763
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) Battle
4899-8626-8715

Auxillary Lobbies:
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) 150cc
1596-0611-9979
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) 200cc Mirror
(Coming Soon)
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) 200cc Frantic
(Coming Soon)
--Mario Kart 8 (WiiU) 200cc
4584-9410-2777

Other games:
--Mario Kart 7 (ask in thread) : 07-0695-1617-1935
--Mario Golf: World Tour (turns): 58-1023-1832-5422

>How do I play with you guys!?!
--First time racers:
Go to "online - one player", go to "tournaments", go to "search by code", enter our main (or auxillary) lobby code and hit "join". If you keep getting put in empty lobbies, the current one is full.
--Returning racers:
Go to "friends" from the online menu & view "recent players" list to find and join someone who is currently racing. >!Further FAQs (Tips, Esoterics, General stuff/junk):
pastebin.com/aJne6hi4

>/mk8g/ Historical Archive
pastebin.com/WpPHZwAb

>News
It's out nigguh Purple boosts ho!

>Thread PSA:
Do not reply or respond to shitposters.
Regularly announce the number of players in a lobby.
Keep up the banter during races.
Namedropping is discouraged but posting along the lines of "Haha John Smith that green was beautiful" is not only fine; you should do it more!
Keep on posting screenshots in the thread!

>Today's protip
Ignore discordfags and whether 150cc or 200cc bickering will get us nowhere and will just stubbornly cement people into their position.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/DeR4g
youtube.com/watch?v=Qz2Fz0OO8ag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Spooky did nothing wrong.

>150cc
>auxiliary

This makes me sad.

>Copy pasta from the 8U era OP
>Still not realizing why a general is a terrible idea while having mk8g archives in the op

hello

Should have bought mkx

why are you doing this

Golf?

I altered it heavily friendo

Nice going guys

You don't even play. Go away

Been too long brothers, I know this wont really last long but I'm unreasonably excited regardless.

Someone post a discord link

Wii U 200cc
2/12 come play

discord.gg/DeR4g

Post your favorite karts

nobody on discord is using Veeky Forums

Quality thread.

And I thought we hung out on Skype. We're on Discord now?

Hey I don't expect in to last but hey, let see how far it can go.
I can't even race during the weekend so I had particular reason to want this back

Mastercycle + any slims and Bowser kite
Sportbike + Leaf tires and Flower Glider

Dry Bowser and Fem Villager respectively

Nobody bump this thread, then watch what happens

City Tripper. Always th City Tripper

OOPS i bumped this thread my bad user

dude. We need new codes that don't end on sunday night so we can keep playing all week

Best girl

4/12 Wii U

That's not daisy

I appreciate the effort to seriously make an OP, bro.

Thanks, reminder to Wii U bros to please buy a Switch as soon as you can.

3/12 U
Don't let it die!

That fucking green shell

We need to make a new lobby that is open all week

Open to changes, I shouldn't make them because I'm frequently swamped under an absolute avalanche of work and am not reliable for edits.

I was so good at Mario kart wii and I was so bad at the wiiU version, I didn't feel any motivation to get better

add smart steering too. No reason why it wasn't there in the first place

If Nintendo didn't axe the Wii's online we'd have Wii codes in the op right now. My condolences. If you haven't tried 200cc; it should blow your socks off. Though it's even harder than vanilla 8.

5/12 Wii U
Fuck me I got destroyed

This. It's casual baby tier but it still should be in.

It would just be fun to dick around with.

Reminder to post about what happens ingame nigs. Namedrop even Don't namedrop in any other situation though

There's always Wiimmfi.

>Banter
>In MK threads
>Deluxe era even
O am I laffin

We had top banter in our heyday. Nothing a few reminders, metaposts, and seed banter can't fix.

This

I got mk8 for the switch and have been playing it casually, but i'm not a hardcore player or anything. However I'm wondering if someone can answer how you get the boost at the start of the race. The last mario kart I really played was for the 64 and you were supposed to time it with the beeping of the traffic light, but that doesn't seem to do it in this one. Also is tilt good or bad? I turned it off since I wasn't really paying attention to how I held my controller so it'd only get in the way.

Gotcha man: see what you want to do is press accel not when the 2 appears but the moment it lowers and comes to a rest. You'll get it every time.

>mfw will never ever join the discord
>just have fun in the tournaments without a care in the world
Maximum rebel desu.

post webms

Post funniest kart webms.

>throw a green shell
>it ricochets off 3 different walls and hits me back
Is there a greater embarrassment?

You are the hero /mk8g/ used to deserve

9/10 would have been better in full motion

>the boost at the start of the race
Accelerate on 2

>tilt
I don't know about Deluxe, but in 8 it maxed out your handling or something.

Never heard of it. Can be a project of sorts if anyone itt wants to devote time to it.

thanks bros I'll try that next time I play.

Removing Firehopping was a mistake.

Removing firehopping was a positive thing, if only to piss off firehopping advocates like nikki

Stylish

Still playimg Wii U? I might fish out my old console and join later if there are players.

To everyone playing on the U version, when are you going to get the Switch? When ARMS comes out? When Odyssey comes out? As soon as it's back in stock? I'm curious.

Next week bud, fear not.

Kart status?

So when is the time on the tournaments going to be fixed? They all seem to end on Monday.

Either Nikki will fix them or new ones will be made. If the later we should also create a new weekend OP image

Anybody have the comic of Isabelle blasting through the race, then stopping at the finish line to wait for mayor to win?

Best cart setup for DK in Deluxe?

>Either Nikki will fix them

Nikki is an autistic spaz that insists on no generals. Someone else needs to make a new one

Recently got mk8 and going through it for the first time.
Is there a specific kart combo I should use for 150cc to beat the grand prix with ease?

Cruisers have tons of options.

I'm getting my Switch repaired, so I'm just playing U in the meanwhile. Thankfully, people still play it.

No, just Heavy characters will do fine.
Heavy+Slick tires and whatever you want for a kart. Reminder that the only actually important stat in this game is speed, especially in 150cc

Duly noted

>the only actually important stat in this game is speed
That's not how you spell acceleration. But I agree, speed is important as well.

discord was a mistake

Are lightweights at all viable? All my fav characters are on the lighter end of the spectrum and I've been having trouble keeping up with the heavyweights. Anyone find any lightweight combinations that have been serving them well?

I tried taking Roy for a spin in the airship kart with the roller tires and had a noticeably easier time. I can always fall back on that if need be, but I'm just a tad annoyed that the heavies seem to be strictly better.

>page 9
Try to keep this general bumped instead of talking about McDonald's if you want it to see the light of day, alright?

Didn't they become much better in Deluxe?

Hardly
Only thing better is that they can get purple boost quicker

I've been experimenting with Isabelle and I came up with a Buggybug, Roller and Plane Glider combo. I haven't used this combination for very long, but so far it's been serving me very, very well.

Acceleration and handling are completely secondary to speed and it's hidden counterparts (Underwater-Speed being the only one that matters)

Since when does Veeky Forums move that fucking fast?

Odyssey for me. I've spent too much on travel plans this summer to justify buying a console and a remake. Already played and enjoyed Zelda on Wii U.

Tempted to buy a tax free Switch when I go to Japan this July. Need to see how much money I make at work until then

youtube.com/watch?v=Qz2Fz0OO8ag

>Weekend Veeky Forums threads
>Copying old shit
>Forgetting old shit was what killed /v/eekend
>Forgetting circlejerks work only to make people avoid playing with you
>Forgetting history in general.

I can't help you.

And the /v/eekend threads this past weekend were all peaches and cream? Go back to your discord and whine to the circlejerk

I'm just in it for the ride, senpai. I have no idea why they thought rebooting the general is a good idea, but I guess we'll see what happens.

>And the /v/eekend threads this past weekend were all peaches and cream? Go back to your discord and whine to the circlejerk
Did you not read that part were he said that it killed /v/eekends?.
But what am I saying, of course you didn't.

More ironic that the archive with the old general is right there, as if it was a badge of honor

Current state of the Wii U lobby...

You didn't even announce it.
Heck, there was no status update for a while like always, fags

Sorry first time here didn't know standard procedure

Did you already leave? I didn't see you when joining

hugbox

No, those being all shit because of all the shit is also problem.
I can't comment on something I did not even witness, wasn't participating on friday or saturday.

It is general problem with /v/ things and then making circlejerk. But two weeks and already the thing is in almost a deathbed situation is not fun to see. I hoped to race and have fun but fuck it /v/ can make itself exponentially wrong and we have ARCHIVES of history that we could maybe learn from but we just don't. The collective of "we" is just that dense to it all.

Oh, so am I, for better or worse. Just betting on worse since it seems to be winning.

Granted I was regular racer in old generals, and old /v/eekend times. Yeah, the circlejerking around was the worst and that reflected any attempts of a /v/ thread over weekends until people just saw it as cancerous circlejerk that nobody wanted to join, not even on /v/eekends so it was racing with the 6 to 9 players every day that someone would race and that is that.

Now think splitting a situation where you can't get even full 12 people to fill a room over three different rooms; because I do not blame brand new switch owners that didn't have a Wii U for racing in 150cc not at all, even if I enjoy 200cc immensly I am not expecting a first time krat 8 booter to get into 200cc in any instant manner.

I want to save you but I just do not know how.
Just watch history.

Weirdest thing is that the OP linked old threads when it seems the OP is not anyone from the old threads at all.

Went to global to see if there was anyone who still played this game