Things normies say/do that piss you off, along with what you drive

I'll start:
>why not drive a modern car user? can you not afford one?

I drive a 97 miata, it's modern enough okay?

X is an old person car. I'm not driving that.

Why did you choose a V6 over a V8 user? That's not a true muscle car

I drive a V6 mustang because I don't take it to the track it's a DD and I don't have a shit ton of gas money just to impress normies with my big engine

Why even get the mustang in the first place?

>New cars are better.

2000 Impreza

>buying a mustang for the looks

normie as fuck

>Hey man, been thinking about buying a Subaru, what do you reckon?

convinced about 5 people to not buy subies, feels good

It pisses you off because they're right you poorfag

Bait

Is it automatic?

>NB miata doesn't have pop-up headlights
>NC miata looks ugly
>ND miata has ANGRY HEADLIGHTS

the NA is superior regardless of cash

>waaaaaah mommmyyyyy engine too loud!!!11

Things Veeky Forums regurgitate that annoy you

>Your a faggot for getting a manual
Even though it's often faster, more comfy to use, has paddle for when I want to fuck around, and won't have me going through a clutch every 10k miles. Oh yeah, and I live in Atlanta.

That has to be the worst meme here

if you go through a clutch in 10k miles then you're a retard and an auto won't save you from your retardation

Not true. I replace my clutch every two years and I'm a very good driver

>very good driver

Subjective.

I've literally never heard of that happening before ever, so you're either full of shit and baiting or you're a retard. Probably both.

Not a normie statement but a buddy of mine told me yesterday that my dodge ram 50 sounds like a haunted house on wheels because of the leaf springs.

Nope not true if you can operate a clutch. Clutches will last effectively forever if you could actually drive them

Nah fiata is superior. Also any other car is superior to a miata.
>but muh have fun under the speed limit meme
Betafags are too scared to speed. Betafags are also poorfags, thus the na miata owner is made

my car has 27k miles on its oem, 14 yearold clutch.

and the clutch is still perfect

kys

they are

>dude, you make 150k/yr. why do you drive that shitbox

2005 Buick LeSabre.

clutches are built to last, you'll snap cv axles driving retarded quicker than burning your clutch out

are you the mustang driver from earlier

Say that shit to me on the toegay not online and see what happens fucker

Nah. Miatas are great at handling and I like them but 90% of the fags that drive them on this board hide behind the
>slow car fast
Meme because they don't want to face the reality that they're poor and that going fast is much more fun.

>why don't you lift your truck or put giant mud tires on it?
The stock ride height of my truck is plenty enough to get my shit where it needs to go and I don't wanna pay 1200 in tires just to grind them down on pavement

battle me on the touge

Battle me on the on ramp

the thing is, fast doesn't necessarily mean expensive either

you don't need money to build a fast car if you're willing to sacrifice some reliability

>I drive a MKV Golf with an aftermarket grill (shut up, I like it, pic related)
>normos always ask me "OMG IS THAT A GTI?????"

>why not drive a modern car user? can you not afford one?
In my long experience, when people tell me to buy something they want to see, it is because they want to borrow it. So the comments or advice are not always made wholly for my benefit.

Wtf, I've had my car for 3 years, and it's nowhere near needing a clutch. You must be slipping your clutch like mad

Correct but people stick with the
>slow car fast
Because of two external factors: they're a beta and the big scary police man terrifies them or they're poor. Usually a combination of both tho, then they buy a na miata.

>17617388
>Being this in denial

I want to say this is bs but I work for an auto company and the other day I saw a warranty claim for a burnt out clutch at 26 miles.
How the fuck that got all the way to engineering amazes me but it went into the trash faster than his goddamn clutch. Obviously never drove manual before and tried to wing it.

>why didn't you buy an American built car?

At least they didnt stick a carrot in his ass

>user the car says it needs an oil change
>ok, I'll change the oil and oil filter now

GOSH NO!!!!!!! user don't break the car!!!! wtf!!!! just take it to a midas!!!

>Thinking you need a V8 every day to cure your Small Penis Disorder

>Drive the biggest normie meme car
>Think others are normies

Sage.

why are people like you obsessed with dick size?

Jesus nigga, you must be terrible...

I have 230,000 fucking miles on this thing, and it's had the clutch replaced once by the original owner at about 95,000 miles...
Now, the current clutch is a little worn out at this point, but it has lasted over 20 years so far and still works.

Also, >old picture... my truck looks like shit now, but still....

>Why do you always check your oil user?
>Why do you always check your tire pressure?
>I never do that and my car runs fine

Might be b8 but the 3.7 cyclone is the best v6.

>Because of two external factors: they're a beta and the big scary police man terrifies them or they're poor.

confirmed for 16 years old with a learners permit that has not yet had to deal with life consequences

anyone older than 18 with a career and shit to do HATES getting clocked. it's not that im afraid of police, it's more so that paying tickets = major insurance costs and time lost if you decide to go to court and request grace or fight the ticket.

every speeding ticket that you get clocked on gets points on your license (raises ur premium) and then thats on top of the fact that speeds more than 25 over the limit tack on a charge for every 1 mph over that threshold of $10 or more.

so going 100 in a 60 will net you a disgusting ticket (>$350 in most states, not including additonal admin. costs) that may waste youre time in court if you're lucky enough to get a grace period or take defensive driving (Assuming its not your first citation).

>FO D

Miata bro checkin in, have an ND. I have driven alot of different cars, some very powerful ones. Could have gotten a v8 muscle car easy, but I ended up with the miata. Havent regretted, the car is way weaker in power but godamn does it make it up on its pure fun. The car is so much fun to drive and the 0-60 time of 5.9 is decent enough. Cant wait to mawd it some more

oh look it's a
>I wish I had gotten the v8 but I'll make the best of it
I bought my '91 miata as a DD for hooning to school and back. The thing is slow as fuck on the highway but I bought it with the intention of tarboing it later. I'm already half way there. I got a tig welder and have already stuck a megasquirt and wideband in it. I could've just gotten a civic but
>fwd
just really isn't my thing 2bh family

All of the eu would disagree

I have a 91 and freeways aren't that bad. I swear it picks up decently. The weight and throttle response totally makes up for it.
I just hate going 80+ cause then the car becomes a rattling tin can of peace

it *can* accelerate on the freeway but you'll still be in 5th gear going VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

convince me user

It was a grand, okay?

>went to sleep on the flaw
desu boston normies can be pretty cruel

>*stares at me in jealous poorfag 40 year old*

'14 vauxhall corsa

>butthurt burgers trying to justify a 100hp car on their painfully boring, graph paper roads.

if you had real roads, then more fun is had in the corners than going fast in a straight line. but you don't, so some roided muscle car is your only hope of having fun on your roads

>It's just transportation
>As long as it gets me from point A to point B, SAFELY!!!

lmao no one is jealous of a corsa

tfw most of you guys will never know what it's like to drive brand new NA.

Had mine since March '91. It's not a rattle trap at 80+. Just take care of them and fix shit.

If you want acceleration, downshift. You can do 55 in 2nd. 3rd will get you all the passing power you need.

>$23k
>faster than anything under $28k
And

Motorcycles can go 200mph and a 0-60 of 2.7s for only $16,000 though desu

>no GTI sticker in sight
>ask if it's a GTI

Nobody cares how fast an engine with two wheels bolted on goes. You're comparing Golf to Hockey.

because people never debadge their cars right

2000 impreza? the one with a rats nest for an engine?

you know that you track [fast] cars right?

Why would you de-badge anything that isn't a base model?

>nyaaa~

You mean all subarus?

>Why do you pay for brand new tyres user, I know a guy selling used ones that are just as good and go for 1/3 of the price

>I have mud tyres on my lifted truck but never go off-road
>what are locking diffs.exe

>'''bro'''

Fuck me I hate this. Fuck buying someones used shitty tyres, I need some decent grip.

I bought my first car a month ago and I went for used pair of Michelin.
Knowing shit about cars I didn't pay attention to things like cracked sides, uneven wear, tyres having a dip in the middle, or what 2106 means.
I am picking up a set of 4 brand new tyres on Monday

>Why do you rev the engine when you downshift? Isn't that a waste of gas?

t. Never driven manual

>Is there just a radio? Do you really not have aux or bluetooth?
>What do you mean you don't listen to anything?

Why do normies, especially millennials, start frothing at the mouth if they don't constantly have 20 different sources of entertainment going all the time?

>>faster than anything under $28k
Just pointing out that this fell apart.

They're used to a bombardment of information to stay distracted from life

It is to keep them occupied and content with their life so they don't step out of line and revolt against the current stream of events.

dude, you make 150k/yr. why do you drive that shitbox?

>buying depreciating assets unnecessarily

stay poor lmao

>Why would I move over when I'm gonna pass that guy? (.5 miles ahead)

My girlfriend, queen normie

>harmless practical joke
>reputation not damaged
>cruel
how?

>still calling it a miata despite Mazda dropping the designation after the NC for "muh global marketing" reasons so it's all MX5.

>Why doesn't your truck have A/C
>it's really loud
>why are you moving the column so much.

Old f150 3 on tree. Can't stand it when people ask why I don't buy a new truck.

Nigger you make $150,000. I'm not saying buy a Bentley, but why wouldn't you get something a tiny bit less soul-crushing?

but mine came out in 1997 when it was still called the miata

who cares

>nice cool day
>decide to detail my car
>neighbor walks out
>"why don't you just take it to a car wash"
>attempt to explain to him how car washes scratch the hell out of your car
>"lol whatever, you're just going to waste 2 hours doing it while a car wash would do it in 10 minutes"
>he walks back inside
>a few hours later I finish my wash and wax
>car looks brand fucking new
>neighbor comes back out and proceeds to tell me all the things he did during the time I spent detailing my car
I don't think it's possible for non car enthusiasts to understand the joys of detailing your own car.

Jesus. This shit right here.
>what's wrong with your car, user? you always go around fiddling with it
>you don't need to check fluids and tire pressure every week, you can just take it to the mechanic when something's wrong
>why do you need to check the belts? afraid your car's gonna lose its pants? lel
It just fills my mind with fuck.

>you payed HOW MUCH for tires?
>dude i could've hooked you up, i know a guy that sells used ones for 20 bucks...

T h i s
>spent three hours detailing before going to pick up friends
>they all complain about how much time I wasted
You DONT understand my cherry scented interior and beautifully buffed mirror like exterior ;_;

Because driving too and from work/ school/ the shops or whatever is monotonous af and people would rather at least spend that time listening to music rather than sitting at traffic lights and shit in silence? This seriously doesn't seem like an unreasonable thing to be confused by considering how cheap you can get a sound system.

user put an A where the R belongs

"You take car of your car? Why? It's just a Civic"

People act like spending a few hours washing your car is some sort of insane thing. It's not.

I do love my Civic though. Couldn't ask for a better first car.

Miata is next, can't wait (sarcasm) for the comments about THAT.