Veeky Forums, what the fuck would you buy for a nice, reliable daily driver for around $40-45k USD used...

Veeky Forums, what the fuck would you buy for a nice, reliable daily driver for around $40-45k USD used? Getting bored with my Mazda3 and looking for an upgrade. At the moment I'm pondering either a VW Golf R, BMW M240i, or C7 Corvette. I've ruled out the Camaro SS and Mustang GT simply because every teenage faggot and their mother has one of them around here.

This question is more of an argument starter than anything. What do you want from this car? Do you want POWER? Do you want practicality? Do you want to attack corners or carry people and stuff?

Mustang GT 350, camaro SS , or Chevy SS

This. What are your needs, OP?

Chevy SS

Picreleited car(Lada Priora Coupe) costs $3000 used and a bit more expensive if new.
But you will need to get it to America(or where do you live).

For that money I would get a Focus RS. Can get it brand new, really practical, still tons of fun, and should have good resale value. Golf R is a good choice as well though.

As someone who had a 2 door as their only car for a while it gets a little annoying when you want to go places with friends or take road trips.

If you want to suck hobo's disck, the mustang seems to be a good choise.

used cayman gts or save and pay cash for a 997 911.

True, I probably should've stated this in the OP. I'm just looking for something to drive day to day that is relatively comfortable, with some semi-luxurious fluff thrown in where possible. That, and it needs to have enough power to haul ass when I feel like it. 185HP in the old 3 just isn't very fun these days after having it for 3 years.

I'm also sick of dealing with fail-wheel drive cars, so I'm not looking for another one of those. I'm not planning on tracking the thing or anything, just something to get me back and forth to work every day without a spine-busting suspension, but something that isn't a total bore.

>this
/thread

Chevy SS

Oh, and did I mention reliable? I don't want something that's going to spend time in the shop anytime soon. Preferably model year 2016+.

Skoda Superb 2.0TFSI

Cheaper-than-competition luxobarge that comes with 4x4 and 280 bhp.

>OP specifies USD
>Faggot recommends Yuroshit cars
Do you dipshits have a containment thread yet?

RCF

Dodge challenger scat pack 392

I have an SRT 392 and love it. Put about 20k miles on so far and pretty glad to have gotten it over a Camaro SS. Rides great, transmission is super smooth, the 6.4 L V8 is kick ass and sounds great. Not as common as the camaro and mustang which is nice.

Only thing I don't like are the seats. Definitely gonna swap them for something better.

Well like what are you looking for and what does "daily driving" mean to you? Do you need to carry shit around in it or drive with passengers? Are there speedbumps and/potholes?

Out of everything you listed the C7 Corvette is the closest to being a pure sports car.

Lexus is 350 sport. If you are not looking for a sports car.

If a sports car Golf R is awesome. Stage 2 tune and you are doing high 10 sec quarter mile.

Also if you are willing to drop a bit more why not Audi RS3?

Maybe even S3

I don't do a whole lot of hauling thankfully, the wife's Volvo S60 is for groups of 3 or more people or bigger items. The roads in my state are pretty shit though, so the low clearance of the Vette does worry me a bit.

Maybe not a bad idea, since I won't be buying until late this year or early next year. The S3 however is basically just the Golf R with an Audi badge

I have to admit I do have a soft spot for the Challenger, even though I'm kinda scared of Chrysler products. The highway mileage is pretty shit on them though, and I do end up driving about 40 miles roundtrip for work ... ugh, decisions.

I've driven some base c7 corvettes and they feel really nice and still have a decent amount of power I'd buy that or maybe an m2 if u could find one for your price

Camaro SS

Chevy SS or a used CTS-V, either in manual.

Or hell, why not a 996? There's nothing wrong with them if the imploding engine is sorted, and the fried egg headlights can be fixed with conversions.

Challenger RT Scat Pack

>that grill
yep, still disgusting

I am literally in the exact same position as you. I find it hilarious that you ended up with literally the same car picks too...right down to the Golf R.

Anyways, I've decided on the m235i xdrive (2015). This decision is going to piss a lot of BMW fags off because they believe the 2 series should be RWD and even though the xdrive is just a meme version of AWD with an additional diff but fuck em. im all about the launches and Ill need AWD for that

C H E V Y S S
H
E
V
Y

S
S

>shilling your chrysler garbage
dont listen to him OP hes a Dodge shill.
wait for the Camaro z28 to come out nobody is gonna have one

Challengers are solid as fuck. I don't really get why though. It's like the one exception to Dodge. And the SRT versions are almost bullet proof.

/thread

a truck

Continental obv

Used 86 with good tires and save the rest.

Buy an Evo, you faggot

shitty infotainment, drives like floaty shit, company is faster to void your warranty than any other company x 1000, unoriginal design, shit interior...

but yea, buy a fucking dodge *rolls eyes*

muh too many people own mustangs and camaros so i'm going to hipster it and buy a shitbox instead.

....and you might get 4 passes out of it before you snap a cv joint.

post your car

>buy a shitbox
why am i not surprised

>I'm also sick of dealing with fail-wheel drive cars, so I'm not looking for another one of those.
That rules out the smaller Audis and Golf R, then.

For 50 grand you can get a 996 Turbo, which doesn't even suffer from IMS bearing failure at all and looks mean as hell with all the vents and wings.

Nah.

1. Fuck all infotainment systems
2. It's a muscle car. You want a tight, to the road experience buy the miata that the autistic kid down the road is selling.
3. The challenger is one of the most iconic and unique things on the roads in America, you're on drugs.
4. It's faster than whatever shitbox you drive fuccboi.

Yeah. Buy a dodge, OP.