I've got enough money to buy my first car (i'm 18)

I've got enough money to buy my first car (i'm 18)
and I was looking at NA miata's. Problem is my dad says i can only get a car with airbags so now l'm looking at NB's. Do they hold up against NA's ? i know allot of you guys have miata's.

Tell your dad to fuck off, and find a nice NA model.

It's your money, you spend it on what you want.

>"""I""" have enough money
>I

Is it actually your money or is it your dad's? If it's yours buy an NA

If you do get an NA remove the airbags. They are actually deadly. Not joking.

But NB's are all around better cars. They just lack flip up head lights so yeah

>my dad says i can only get a car with airbags
lol faggot suburbanites

my dad helped me disable the ABS on his old shitty ford ranger before he gave it to me. i can't imagine what it's like having a pussy dad like yours

a lot of NA Miatas have airbags, they aren't really safe or helpful in any way though.

You know what? Airbags in general are a death trap. More unsafe than not having it at all really. Use a harness.

His house his rules sadly
Thanks
There were airbag options on NA's ? I haven't seen an airbag one ever

>tfw my family supports my 80s car habit
Feels good man
Are you really 18?

His house, YOUR car

If you want an NA, buy one.
If you want an NB, buy one.

Hey he just wants to protect his homosexual son

Do not forget you are 18 years old and you can do whatever you want
Go and buy one

If you're paying for the car and insurance then how is it any different from buying your own pair of shoes or some other personal shit?

>There were airbag options on NA's ? I haven't seen an airbag one ever

Option? it came standard. What you're telling me you've never seen a stock miata interior?

pic related

This, also the 94-97 have passenger airbags

For reference, this is what the NA8 interior looks like.

Modified, but yeah

Yeah. I will say though, the NB steering wheel looks fucking nice in the NA.

The shift knob and shit looks terrible in this one though. They also replaced the stock vents with ones from an Eclipse. NA6 interiors still look prettier though.

you are getting a shitbag as your first car, and you are going to like it/hate it

its the only way to learn

honestly, if you want a fast car with saftey features, go for a first generation lincoln mark 8, fast as fuck, good on gas, and a great car all around, my brother got his for 200 bucks, but needed like 1000 bucks worth of work done to it, just look at your local craigslist

Get an NA with an airbag you homo
NBs aren't even worth it

I don't think op is 18.

Passenger side airbags were made standard in '95 or '96. I thought the NB started in '98.

NB > NA

Usually can be had for cheaper, too

Don't these things have some sort of ultra-rare diamond crystal headlights they haven't made for like a decade now? I've also always been put off by air suspensions

They're gorgeous though, really is a shame they don't make cars like this anymore

All the miatas ever made had a drivers air bag.

In 94, the added the passenger side air bag.