Okay. Fuck this. You want something done right?! Do it yourself!

Okay. Fuck this. You want something done right?! Do it yourself!

I recently took my car in for some exhaust modifications. The dude fucked up royally and still had a smile on his face when I handed over $200 of my hard earned cash.

What do I need, and how much will it cost to get every piece of equipment needed to do exhaust work? I'm talkin' welding, cutting, grinding, measuring, bending. Everything!

I want to weld on stainless steel too, so I'm imagining I'll need a TIG welder for starters. As well as some grinders, saws, pipe benders, protective gloves and helmet.

I want to make precise cuts, angles, and whatever the fuck else I need to do so that I can apply what's in my head to the real world!

Give me the range from "cheap as fuck" to "thats a nice setup"

How bad is the fuckup?

Could it be saved any way?

Dude just go to a competent exhaust shop instead of Uncle Felix

A grinder and paint makes me the welder I ain't.

Lmao this hurt, son

Gave him all the supplies he needed. Told him the angles. Went into the shop and showed him EXACTLY how I wanted. Other than literally holding his hand while he did it, he knew what needed to be done.

"Stainless is hard to cut, so I couldn't get it like you wanted. I just took a random flange i found in the shop and welded up some random pipe I found up to your stainless.

Basically I wanted to go from 2 exit exhaust to 1. Basically cut out a T section and near the flange and weld in in a 90° section. That's it. instead he just found random pipes lying around with a 2.5" flange instead of the 3.0" flange and just "made it work"

Why did you pay?

Ummm just roll with open headers then?

This. By paying you slapped your approval on whatever he did. Good luck ever getting this situation fixed. Serves you right for being a conflict avoidant numale.

>Get exhaust work done
>Simple job replacing the entire exhaust system
>Bring in full exhaust and gaskets
>Get car back the next day
>Exhaust is suddenly very loud
>Strong smell of exhaust in cabin
>CO detector confirms
>Fucking dumbass mechanic re-used the old exhaust manifold gaskets and caused a huge exhaust leak right at the header

I don't trust anyone with this shit.

On the topic of fuck ups, bought a car recently and the people who owned it before obviously had it detailed/serviced just before selling, thing is who ever serviced the car only put most of the radiator hoses half on
like wtf how can you fuck up so badly

>modifying your exhaust
Underage b&

>a conflict avoidant numale
How to cure this ?

isn't stainless steel welding like welding hard mode?

>his car is so shit it is not even worth putting an exhaust system on it

/thread

Starting Strength

GOMAD+SS

Lift

Yes.
It is extremely hard to do.
Most people who think they can do it still would never pass a weld test with any of their welds, most people don't even know the proper process for stainless welding to avoid faults from cracks developing while cooling.

No one is getting out of bed to do a ss exhaust job for $200. Ive done plenty of exhaust work on factory type setups and a couple ss mandrel bent turbo backs with parts from jegs.

A mini grinder and mig welder will get it done but user above is right just because i did it doesn't mean it was right.