cycle-ergo.com

Noob? Start here:
> → #
a2bikes.co.uk/

Webms with sound:
#

Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/calgary/2015-ninja-300-abs-special-edition-blue-black-mods/1285153966?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
youtube.com/watch?v=HeMSfgb5tks
revzilla.com/common-tread/seven-lessons-learned-from-owning-an-exotic-motorcycle
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Suzuki a best

'80s Honda is best.

post sukis

>ftw

No.

you are like 10 minutes late OP

And you're a fucking failure who didn't put out a new thread post so people knew it was there.

YAMAHA ALWAYS WINS BABY

i didnt post it fuck head

>mystery meat
she looks like a swarthy sandra bullock

...until the warranty is up.
Even a Suzuki lasts longer.

Where did everyone ride today?

So you're just defending a failure for which you bore no responsibility? That's somehow even more sad...

Yamaha a shit !

Wendy's. I did 500 yesterday, didn't feel like making breakfast.
Now I have to do a full tune up. Fuck me.

does this seem like a good deal for a 1st bike?

kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/calgary/2015-ninja-300-abs-special-edition-blue-black-mods/1285153966?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

that's $2800 in USAbux

Got a 96 and it´s still going strong bud

Wowzers, the fuck happened there?

>this kills the FZ

He probably ran it without oil for a month

No. Save for another month and get a '13 cb500.

post boipucci

"I got one of the good ones, therefore..."
What are you, some kind of ducatist wannabe?

What bike is this?

first webm attempt, no bully

cuuuhrrraaaaazzzyy crash [GONE SEXUAL]

a non existent bike for filthy weebs to think they could ride with their waifu when in reality you will never own a bike or get a girl friend because you have incredibly high standards despite the fact that you look like a potato that someone super glued pubes onto.

bonus points: it was a woman in the black car

It's always a woman

I have seen it suggested that you should lock the "chock" of your heel onto the peg in order to put as much pressure on the tank as you can and "lock" your leg in under braking to keep you as stable as possible and take work away from your arms.

youtube.com/watch?v=HeMSfgb5tks

(this is a very long video with some coughing bastard in it but good info)

I've tried that and I can't really do it so I just leave it on the ball which is most comfortable for me, on road you don't really brake hard anyway and rapid direction changes are more the order of the day so it's probably best to leave it there anyway.

Other anons pointed out the fact your body position looks weird and you look uncomfortable but not telling you why and to me it looks like you're sitting very far back on the seat, when you're cornering you want to be completely crowding the tank, about an inch back at most, your legs use the tank for leverage and it puts you weight wise in the middle of the bike. You almost want to make a tank shaped hole with your upper body and slot it in.

Other stuff like getting your lower and upper body further off are (sort of) important but I'd say that the front to back position and balancing out the pressure on your front and back tyre is more important, being in the right position up against the tank will make it easier to lean more off too.

A horse.

can't fit my headset in my new helmet

>fuck

Can't fit it in the ear gap? What helmet?

Question: What jap team did you start on and what bikes made you appreciate other jap manufacturers?

Me: Started ownership team Honda but learned to appreciate Yamaha after riding a few R6's, an R1, and finally a WR250X. Good bikes. My little bro bought the 250x and I think he wants to get rid of it...maybe i'll buy it it's so fun to throw around. Had to ring the necks on both the R6 and R1 but good chassis and build quality. R1 I rode was 106indicated in 1st and didn't wake up till around 9k.

The gixxer 600/750 and DL/DR/SV 650's helped me to really appreciate Suzuki, even rode an old GS 650/Canotuna 600 a bit. The 600 is a well sorted chassis and good motor/confidence inspiring. The 750 is a 600 on major steroids. Still lust after a K5/K6 1000 to pimp out. The only analog animal that could hang with my 10R. DR is like a good old school bike...not new tech but solid and good for play. Would appreciate a major update. The DL/SV motor is a great motor. Prefer the 650 to the 1000 versions in both flavors.

For Honda it was the Blackbird, CBR600RR/1000RR/RC-51. Hell I even liked riding an old Goldwing, shit was plush. All great bikes in their own respect and good build quality. The RC has aggressive ergos and the CBR1000RR is geared short but liked the HESD.

Kawasaki started on a meh 600R that I made my purpose in life to surprise better riders on better bikes. Little 16" rims with skinny tires/not great power but felt like I could throw the thing around. But then went to the 10R. HOLY FUCK the 10R motor is bonkers. That was the first bike that legit scared me. They didn't knickname it the widowmaker for nothing. Almost fucking died on it in the city one day just riding to my gf's house. Had a legit tank slapper because of the perfect conditions and almost ate shit hard. Kept it up and remember getting off the bike and smoking a cigarette and just staring at the thing. The brakes were meh at the time but the MOTOR...good god the motor.

Anyone got stories?

race star, and I can already feel the inner shell with the very edge of my ear, so if I put the speaker there it completely fills the ear gap

Anyone else with twin headlights find that "helpful" cars flash and beep at you because they think you have a bulb out?

I end up riding the next 5 miles paranoid that there is either a mobile speed trap down the road or there is something wrong with my bike.

Fuck off spaz

>What jap team did you start on and what bikes made you appreciate other jap manufacturers?
Are you autistic?

Team Honda, but I secretly like a gsx-f.
Old, new, but not pufferfish.

i started on a peewee 50 and have always loved euro bikes the most, mainly ducati and KTM.

holy FUCK
>falling for the euro meme

revzilla.com/common-tread/seven-lessons-learned-from-owning-an-exotic-motorcycle

yes, id spend that much on that

>gsx-f
Supposed to be a pretty good bike. 650 but inline, I like that.

Which ducs and KTM's? I would like to try some more KTM's...only ever rode a 450 four stroke dirtbike but it was a beast

So you don't have any stories to share? :shrug:

I found a 2017 DRZ400SM for $5000 with 700 miles

Should I do it bros I just want something to ride now and sell next season for what I paid for it or more.

I really don't know what happened. 2016 fz09 12000 miles. Had a drip at the pan so I got another gasket for $12 and found this when I replaced it.

Yes. I have been at a light waiting for green before and I was told by a pedestrian I had a headlight out I smacked the headlight while simultaneously hitting my highbeam switch...then gave the guy a thumbs up like he just saved me. LOL maybe try that

>actually buying oil pan gaskets
ay lmao

Shattered clutch plate? And what are the other 2 big pices?

i have ridden a lot of ktm's, 90's something ktm50, 99 80sx, 2003 525, 2004 125sx, 2004 250sx, 2007 250excf, 2008 450 excr, 2008 530exc, 2009 200, 250 and 300 exc, 2015 200, 250 and 300exc, 2016 husky te300 and 206 husky 450.
husky 300 is the best one i have ridden though i only rode it for a day.
as for ducati only ridden a monster, 848 and a 1098.

Would this be good to use in my KLR250? I don't know a heap about oil.

The manual says:
Oil type: API SE, SF or SG; API SH or SJ with JASO MA;
Viscosity: SAE 10W-40

yep.

As long as it's 4t motorcycle oil of the correct weight, the rest doesn't change anything except how light your wallet gets when you buy it. Especially for lower performance street and dualsport motorcycles.

Just change it often enough and you have nothing to worry about.

funny shit, will have to try some variations of this.

>With only 6,000 miles on it, my motorcycle had suffered catastrophic engine failure right in my driveway.
Jesus Christ no Husqvarna employee would be safe from me

If you can find older for cheaper might as well hasn't changed in 20 years.

>six piston calipers

fucking pain in the ass calipers more like

>being LITERALLY this nobike in 2017

I'm trying bro.. this move took up all my money.

Shit.

I've never owned an 'exotic' motorcycle. I've been tempted by the KTM690 and CCM 450: I really wish the Japanese would build something in this category (a mid-size dual sport with post-cold-war technology). I guess I'll keep waiting.

Any 10w-40 oil that says MOTORCYCLE on it will be fine.

All that other shit just means don't use car/diesel oil that may have lubricants that will fuck the wet clutch.

Exotics are alright. You just need to be willing to do some searching for parts.

My F4i has low pegs so I have to keep the ball of my foot on the peg and kind of push my knee up with it to keep my knee in the dips of the tank if I want maximum knee grip. I've done it both ways though and it didn't seem to make that big of a difference so I will just leave the pegs in the arch of my foot if that's how they are when I come into the corner.

You still have the MV? Nice

Fugg yeah I love that bike.

It's getting sent out to Vegas in September. Expect webms from the strip and other memes.

What kind of mileage do people get out of KTM dual sports? I have a gut feeling they're not designed to last past 20k.

Also, re: BMWs, while I wouldn't worry so much about them self destructing (they're presumably too heavy and overbuild), how bad are part prices? Again, having no first hand experience my guess is extortionate.

do want.
Did you get lucky and get this bike cause some store owner had it sitting in the back of a warehouse or something and got it for super cheap?

looks like part of the clutch basket

lol nice 10 degrees of lean angle rossi

Re: exotics, does anyone have experience with the aprilia shiver? Would it be a huge mistake to buy one used and think I can rebuild it and fix whatever comes up?

Shiver looks like a pretty awesome bike. Watched a lot of youtube videos on them and they seem worth it.

>how bad are part prices?
buckle up boyo, my wiring harness went aloha snackbar while I was riding. OEM, $900, from a dead bike 1000 miles away, $400.

>What kind of mileage do people get out of KTM dual sports? I have a gut feeling they're not designed to last past 20k.
KTM is supposedly p reliable for what they are. However as with any higher-strung dirtbike they have short maintenance intervals, so just expect that. Any bike will last long if you maintain it well.

That's exactly what happened actually. Kinda wanted to buy an S1000RR but after checking out a local BMW's back storage I found the MV and picked it up for $6, which isn't too bad considering most of the 1000s I see on cycletrader and shit are sitting right between $8-$10

yuh boi u know what it is. I wish I had decent lean webms but all I have is relaxed memerides and one section of twisties when my oil pan was leaking onto my rear tire

Italian shibby user says his bike is great. I think he's had some electrical issues with it tho. I'll see if I can get him in here.

>tfw brand new fz07 is cheaper than new drz400sm
is the sumo life worth it?

Figured out a way to mount the speakers in my helmet, not sure how loud it'll be over wind noise, or how safe.

I remember that thread, you had some sexy MV pics. I don't know if I want to wait a few months to have another pic related, or if I should just get a shit bike and run it into the ground while saving for a better bike. I'm hoping while I'm looking, something awesome comes up like my last 2 purchases.
I got my ninja for 1600 and my SV for 2k

their actual dual sports (LC4, 600+cc) are actually fairly reliable and long lasting. Their smaller ones are basically racing dirt bikes with some compliance gear to get license plates and might last 20k but probably not much past that unless you're really easy on it.

I'm honestly looking for a second bike when I get to vegas so I can actually take grills out and shit. MV is nice and all but I can't carry two people so it'd be awkward asking for rides.

Highly debating taking some leave and flying out to SF to pick up a ZRX1200R

Are +250 Japanese dual sports dead for good?

The DRZ is the most modern by far and it's near 20 years old. You'd think at least one of Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha/Kawasaki would see a market opportunity in offering something lighter and more powerful in light of technological advancement (and in light of what KTM/Husky/Beta are doing), but with the Nipon Seal of Quality.

my gf wouldn't even touch my bike when I had it, she was afraid she was gonna tip it over or something. Tried to get her to ride with me, but she was too scared, made me sadface she wouldn't enjoy yourself

Pieces of clutch basket.

...or is the issue that any new design would need to meet emissions with a cat and thus be too heavy and/or expensive?

It seems Japan can already do efi and abs on the cheap judging by the small Hondas and Kawasakis.

I mounted mine underneath the cheek piece. Mine at max volume can be heard ok at 70mph on a naked bike with earplugs.

>not just making her ride on the back with the "it'll b fun here u can have my helmet"
That's what I did when I had the GS300 and a gf.

If you are doing the valves they will take a while. I looked on some forums and they are fairly involved.
Me and my dad have been running "exotics" only problems we have had are all documented online.
If I were you I would look into what standard problems can go wrong on the shiver if their are any.

That's what I offered, I have an extra helmet already too, she wouldn't even get on the back when it was off lol I wouldn't let her sit on the seat, it's way too tall for her, she's a 5' shorty.

Just booked my first track day.

>quit job
>finish on the 11th
>track day is on the 12th

Put mx forks on a fz

I can't fit them under the pads at all, the helmet is incredibly snug fitting

New toy?

Sounds like you're just not being helpful enough senpai. Just have her hop up on a peg and swing over that way. I've never had issues and I exclusively date short girls.

It should work fine then, its just not optimal.

Cheers mates. I'll take some pictures as I go.

That's exactly what I do my man, I even tell her the bike isn't gonna move if you step on the peg, I promise ya. she's just like "nahh next time!"

Getting rid of the FZ for a GSXR 750. Also Don't get hit by the drunks tonight b/o/ys