I fucked up my oil filter mating surface. is there any way to do a cheap repair?

I fucked up my oil filter mating surface. is there any way to do a cheap repair?

How the fuck????

If you can get that out and find one at a junkyard yeah but otherwise I think you're looking at expensive repair or new block

would it be possible to repair with a metal filler of some sort?

JB Weld and then grind it level? How old is the engine?

Now you know why a chisel and hammer combo to remove the filter is a nono...
Looks like a screw in block insert...I'd be getting in touch with the parts dept at a stealership thb...figure out whats available, if an insert, get price...get your car towed to dealership because you'll destroy the block removing it yourself...
Ah...to be young and stupid again...well...I was young...

wtf man. did u put a chisel in there and whack it with a mallet

it's a 2009 honda

Holy fucking what dude.

Eh if you want to hack it, fill it with JB weld and use a FLAT FILE laid over it to get a good surface back.

If you want to fix it right, pull the motor, bring it to a machine shop. Not an engine shop, I'm talking find some 70 year old fuck with a machine shop, one of those guys who'll do anything. Ask local heavy equipment shops they'll know the right people. Get it filled up with some weld and machined flat for a permanent fix.

It's right on the edge of that age where you start saying "fuck it" and start fixing everything with baling wire and chewing gum. Your call though. Do you care about its resale value at all?

Makes you wonder what will happen when those 70 year old fucks finally die off. Because there's nobody to replace them when they do.

no not really, it's got some body damage because I hit a bear. Ill probably go the jb weld route

Then we'll be fucked because we will only have "techs" thst know shit only by the book... no real know how

>JB Weld and then grind it level
Not op... that's what I was thinking, but imagine how nervous you'll for a while,then random bouts of nervous for a looking time.

How did you do that op?
Your anonymous,just tell us,bud.

Thats not a separately made part. New engine or fill it and level it

>it's got some body damage because I hit a bear
Who the fuck even are you? It's like you're from some bizarre cartoon

>09'
>On the edge of fuck it
You are the reason shitty used cars exist

How did you even do this

It's already happening, there aren't many young guys coming in to apprentice and the majority that's left is close to retirement age.

Just happened at the shop I used to work at, we did trucks and material handlers. The two old guys, head mechanics who had been there 30+ years retired and the place fell the fuck apart, couldn't pick up or find replacements.

Well, that's what the oil pressure light is for.

>Makes you wonder what will happen when those 70 year old fucks finally die off.
Probably buy golf carts dirt cheap and beat the crap out of them.
Mom lives in a gated community and when she was out of town I would bring girls over with the promise of a golf cart ride through the woods.(Florida so the woods are scary,also was in my early 20's so I could pull that off) worked shockingly often.

my filter was stuck and I stripped my plastic wrench trying to get it off. I tried the screwdriver method and yeah.

It's not like this is a Corvette or a Porsche that's going to be a family heirloom, lol. It's a fucking 00s Honda. And he's already been playing demolition derby with the local wildlife anyway.

can't I just buy a new oil pan? pic related

>JB
Grind out the damaged area first, or it won't hold.

kek

Jesus, this is what an oil pan looks like these days?

What's the bill on that? $249.99 for the knockoff w/o gasket?

$60 on eBay. would I have to pull the motor to swap the pan?

>$60 on eBay. would I have to pull the motor to swap the pan?
You shouldn't have to. Just make sure you seal that bitch proper.

Im confused. Did you try to pry it off or something? How did sticking a screw driver through it do that to the base plate?

>Can't remove an oil filter properly
>Going to replace the oilpan himself
Report back, OP.

'09 on the edge of saying fuck it.
Welp,that's it,I'm old.

Isn't that the "pretty much too late light"
If your on the highway doing 70 in traffic (rare) and that light comes on,it may take bit to pull over,at least it will feel like a long time.
Had an oil pressure light come on once(loose wire) first thing you think is did it just come on or did I just notice it.
Was able to pull over and gf(bf) saw the light flicker as I squirreled around the engine. Easy fix,worked at a jiffy lube,but still,it sucked.
You make a solid point tho,user.

>it's got some body damage because I hit a bear
I'm sorry, what?

Screw driver goes through the filter,not to pry. Not sure how crowded it is on your car but screw driver goes through at about halfway point. Through as in a magician doing a magic trick.
Now you now...thanks for the honesty,rare trait on the internet. PS my super hot girl friend taught me that trick while I was busy being an astronaut pirate. Space booty is best booty.

Seriously,give us a follow up on how you deal with this,wish you the best.
At least you tried something...

With information on rpm, temperature, and of course oil pressure available to a modern ECU, a more advanced oil light could be made. If the pressure wasn't up to an expected minimum for the current temperature and engine RPM then the light would come on. Better than just having it come on at something ridiculously low like 5 psi.

Temperature should be constant,so remove that. Any rpm over zero matters so remove that. So just pressure is left.
Thus the oil PRESSURE light.

then the prices for those skills will shoot through the roof until people realize that they can make tons of money doing it and then slowly the jobs will be filled

Mine came on at 70 in traffic. It's a redblock volvo so I just kept going. Was a shorting out switch thankfully but wasn't terribly worried anyhow

It's the traffic part people don't think of when they say you should pull over immediately.

In small manual cars you can shut off the engine right away, now that I think of it, any car can clutch brake

This would be the correct way to repair it, most of the people in this thread think that the filter is attached to the engine block like the older Honda motors.

>hey bb
>wanna ride through the swamp in my golf kart
>we can get raped and shot by swampniggers
>and eaten by crocs
>romantic eh bb

>$60 on eBay

I'm sensing cheap chink steel that will crack after 200 miles.

You'll really be in the shit when it splits open mid-drive and you run the engine dry.

You're best to stop doing anything yourself if you can't even remove an oil filter without causing major damage. I suggest leaving it unlocked in a melanin-rich neighbourhood, or park it on the train tracks.

Girls love to be scared.