/org/

Non Surburban edition

About to get a Infiniti fx35 for my mom, is it offroad capable?

Nice pics where's that at?

Big Bear m8

I had to order online a 5/16" male plug socket to remove my YJ's transmission fill plug

Once that arrived I find out the fill plug needs a 9/32" male plug socket, which should arrive tomorrow

What is the biggest tire i can fit on a stock z71. 16 inch rims. Currently have 265/75s.

Bump

good lord this thread is less than to be desired
>no weiner links
>no wiener map
>no weiners

so honestly how bad are these engines?

where you been dude, haven't seen you post your yj in a while

do chains work in mud?

yellow yj guy here, they are bullet proof as fuck but just really gutless, just a 4.0 without 2 cyls.

can they be modded to get any power out of them, example a cam?

>find 06 Jeep GC WK
>5.7L hemi
>148k miles
>$4k
>good physical condition
>VIN check seems good

Should I go for it?

I have considered a cam in mine personaly, but don't know who makes them or anything like that, only just an idea of mine. Some people boost them, but they don't have the interanl strength for that IMO. Usaully you can push more out of it with electric fans, a lighter flywheel and a nice high flow exhaust system. These all help low end and rev speed. Also a throttle body spacer might help with throttle response, but wont have any effect on power.

Considering you people let the last thread die I didn't have all that extra shit on my phone so had to make do.

yuck
not unless it has a towing package or whats the point? its a glorified minivan

If your tires reach to the hard ground then its very much possible

What are these "towing packages" I keep seeing mentioned when it comes to cars/trucks in the US?

??

Yes it has the towing package.

Why else shouldn't I go for it?

Towing package is like a hitch for basics but transmission tuning for shift points, tans brakes, tow cameras and other shit that helps out. At least for modern cars that's some shit that is included, I don't know what the WJ tow package was.

are these any good

scout a shit?

Oh, its that much stuff included? Then I get it

most also include a larger radiator, and some older ones had a different camshaft than normal

good for what

yes wtf
that engine itself is worth like $3000 in parts

if you need more power or need to haul, it's an NA diesel that you can turbo if you know what you're doing. blank space engine that can go up to 500k miles without a rebuild

On my old SJ the tow package was a numerically higher axle gear ratio (3.31 vs non towing package 2.73) and an extra transmission cooler in front of the radiator.

Its a 1996 if that matters.

also trans coolers are included

Comfy interior

I've been extremely busy with work m8, but I'm back. I was lurking, but I finally had time to be able to go see some dirt

then why arent they more popular?

can someone tell me when the first gen 4 runner changed to IFS? i noticed 85 was sold axle, what about other years?

1st and 2nd gens are all solid axle but they switched to independent in 1996 for the 3rd gen

only one year of the 1stgen 4runner had the solid front axle, the 1985, which was also the last year of the toyota pick up with a solid front axle. 85 was also the first year that included fuel injection. So 86 was the first year of IFS.

wew lad
>tacofag
why

Correction the 2nd gen was also IFS

Nigger don't you know it's always
>post first
>research later

Taco, no wonder you don't know anything about this, you drive a god damn 2wd.

No ur 2wd

Success

>gay yj guys

As a commercial vehicle driver, they worked too get my 5ton freightliner out of the mud. As someone already said, if they can get to hard ground underneath they do.

Cost.

The first year of the 4runner was 1984. So 84' and 85' had the solid axles, with 85' also being the first year for EFI which makes it the most desirable year because it had the solid axles and EFI.

>Since Murphy isn't allowed...

I took my LTD out innawoods to my buddy's cabin since it's been sitting. Thrashed it about on the trails. It got a lot farther than I thought.

Then I got yelled at by the DNR because it has no exhaust system.

Clean YJ!

Where's the rust? Like seriously... A YJ WITHOUT RUST?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Are you seriously "bro bragging" about removing your trans plug?

I live in SoCal and the YJ spent most of its life sitting in a garage or being towed behind an RV

Yes

>mercedes elendigwagen

>those turn signals

I don't give a shit if they're unreliable and break off, they make me fucking diamonds sitting on the fenders like that.

>Latest pic of my TJ with new lights on the bar.

What kind of locker?

Not a fan of jeeps, but that looks nice.

What are you a fan of? I'm going to make a safe bet that it's very large penises, seeing as you have a problem with Jeep.

you can import one. they are old enough

>defending the jeep brand
>first thing that comes to mind is penises

Or you could just paint a CJ and put wagon wheels on it.

Not really, suspension has limited wheel travel for coiler.

probably more expensive
cj's have been getting more expensive

ever slam on the brakes on a lifted CJ5?

its not moving

>suburban
>off road

did you accidentally go over a curb at the starbucks?

Fuck that is aesthetic.

>what curb

How embarrassingly boastful.

CA-UTE

More FJ qts

>Suburban
>OP CLEARLY stated non-Suburban edition
BURBFAGS BLZ LEAVE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And that is clearly a Tahoe.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Locker? I don't have any lockers on my TJ right now.

>that face

>can't lock his diff

A stock, base model RAV4 from 10 years ago came with a diff lock.

What the fuck is Chrysler's deal, anyway. How do Jeep fags actually get anywhere off a paved road.

offroading vehicles that aren't meant to be offroaded is high t

Rubis came with locks, but I have the Sport, which doesn't.

I do just fine without lockers anyways.

>I do just fine without lockers anyways.

Keep telling yourself that.

Try something with proper lockers (primarily rear) and you'll never want to go back to anything without

Are you digging out from under the tires????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Dude, do you even into getting out of sand. Just dig out where it high centered and air down my dude.

Agreed

lockers make such cool noises when turning sharp too