Well they fixed the bezel

Well they fixed the bezel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cBZeJaqa6ZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

icefags btfo

Why the fuck is it so big. Also call me retarded but where is the speedo? On that cuck screen?

The lack of physical buttons in Teslas is Elon Musk's way of protecting us. Slowly, we'll all lose the need for physical, tactile interaction and receive Elon's iMuskGland in our heads, which will display necessary information directly through our optic nerve.

>muh minimalism
>muh ipad
>muh no guages

Can't wait to get mine!

Teslas don't have that holographic stuff on the windshield?

Speedo shows on driver side of screen I think.

I've always wanted to drive an ikea desk

it automatically limits your speed to whatever the speed limit is on the road you're traveling on.

>$30,000 dollary-doos
>no gauges

I'm curious, how DO electric cars work? I'm sure their motors have to be cooled somehow, do they have radiators? What about lubrication, or transmission fluid? If electric cars are indeed older than combustion cars, then why did combustion engines take over? I'm guessing it had more to do with the limited infrastructure for electricity, let alone to power many vehicles.

I wanna know about the transmission works.

this

It's an iMac on a particle board desk. With wheels.

the battery is liquid cooled. All other lubricants are self contained and never need topping up.

Heat exchangers

There isn't one to work

Direct drive.

What about brakes? Do they have master cylinder in the traditional sense? Brake fluid gets old.

Nigga are they parked IN this fucking wheat field?

There is no transmission, or even a differential in teslas, it's just two big motors, one that hooks to each wheel, and the speed is controlled by variable resistance. Also reference Idk how the batteries themselves work though

Any advamgtes to using one? Why not for long trips?

LIVE IN A 3

Do the resistors need replacing?

the brakes are regular brakes. BUT - they last muchhhh longer since you have regenerative braking.

Do they, though? A p90d is like 5000 lbs.

Probably relative

you don't have to tap or ride the brakes to control your speed on a down slope. if traffic and road permits, you can regen brake to almost a crawl before touching the brakes.

Not unless you run a ridiculous amount of current through them, which they have fuses to prevent that. There aren't really any electrical components that will wear out under normal use, it's just operating outside of parameters that kills a system.

all of the test drive reviews are really positive so far.

>fixed
I can still see it in the thumbnail.

No. Were you expecting a decent car or something?

Minimalism2

Gee. I guess so pa.

If a reviewer gave a bad review these days, they're never going to get an offer to test anything ever again.

Get yourself a Cadillac son.

unfounded bad reviews and TopGear Shenanigans.

Tesla has never blackballed someone for legit critique.

But pa. Only negros drive them. What are you trying to say pa? Pa?

Wrong, it has a reduction gear.

Just because I didn't mention the reduction gears doesn't mean I'm wrong.

it's like they don't want you to forget that you work at a shitty/modern desk job

Power density. Chemical fuel just hold more joules per gram than batteries do. Recharging takes much longer too, unless you're willing to have huge copper wires going to the batteries, and copper is expensive.

It was economics and convenience for the most part. At some point oil will get dear enough that electrics will be more economical and convenient. I don't think we're quite there yet, I think that Musk has jumped the gun too early. Probably by 2030 we'll be there.

Am I using an ipad or am I driving a car?

using all those carbs to recharge the battery

I would honestly be amazed if they really did use regular variable resistors to control the current to the motors. I'd expect something more along the lines of a processor controlled variable frequency drive that played with the hertz to speed up or slow down. Last I knew, regular resistors convert quite a lot of energy into heat, which wastes a lot of energy, and also makes them really, really fucking hot. VFDs are more efficient, and offer better, more reliable and finer control. Imagine if a wiper arm on a resistor started to stick and you started having different resistances/wheel speeds between wheels.... You'd also need to come up with some funky linkages or controls to account for wheel speed differences in corners...otherwise you'd have a fully locked differential through corners, which is no fun at all in the rain.

>you will always be a yuropoor and will never own one
kill me lads.

>Work at a desk with a computer on it all day
>Spend all my time at home on the computer, which is also on a desk
>Now when I drive, I'll be driving a computer on a desk

Welcome to the future

I know you're trolling but just the thought of that made me want to kill myself.

just be glad you aren't in a RHD country. Mid 2019 for them.

>I think that Musk has jumped the gun too early.
Given the sales figures he's working with I disagree.

I'd sooner suck dick for money to buy a 2001 Civic with no AC than drive a cadillac that was given to me for free, barring the CTS-V.

before you kys, think of the actual benefits of something like that: Let's say you're giving it to your son and don't want him being reckless, or you're giving it to a valet driver or something. The important part is that it can recognize the speed limit; I think with current HW2 AP it'll let you go 20 over right now

>Tesla has never blackballed someone for legit critique.
I mean you mentioned Top Gear in your post and you still told that lie.

And it doesn't even have to be Tesla. If someone gets into a Model 3 and think it's ass, and says that in a review, other car companies are gunna read that review and think "Wow, this fucker shits on cars that everyone else loves. Better not ask him to review our new car."

>At some point oil will get dear enough that electrics will be more economical and convenient.

Nah bruh, the oil giants will just start making recycling plants, and will pay for people to start sending them their compostable trash. There are a few different bacteria that have been made now that can convert organic waste into a type of oil that can be processed into petroleum products. All you need are a few warehouses outside major cities, a collection program and the infrastructure to transport the raw oil to a processing facility. The infrastructure is there already, and a few billion into warehouse space and automation to feed the bacteria and collect the finished product would be a drop in the bucket to the giants in the industry today.

Oil might even end up being cheaper than it is today after a few years of it, considering that right now, people have to spend millions to buy, position, set up and staff a drilling rig, then transport millions of gallons of oil hundreds or thousands of miles to a processing facility, often using multi-million dollar cargo ships to do so, where it is then refined and shipped again to distribution points, where it may be shipped yet again before you can actually buy it, and all of this results in a grand total of $2/gallon price tag.

Let's say I'm driving down a country road that isn't on it's computer program.

Let's say I wanna pass someone in traffic.

20 over is sorta reasonable, and so long as it perfectly accurate all the time, and turns off when it doesn't have perfect information, I could live with that. I'd still not like it. My car, my rules, and my consequences I have to live with.

But don't make me do 65 in a 65 at all times, i'd be fucking blocking traffic.

Also if I ever have a kid I'm buying him a 20 year old WRX or something and teaching him how to wrench on it, and I'm not rich enough to ever go to anything a Valet would take my car for, and if I was i'd want the Model S or something.

no no, I mean 20 over with AP turned on. Nothing limits you from doing 130 in a 25 zone w/o AP engaged.

Oh, ok. That's a lot better then. Cool.

That may be fine for the American market where everyone drives auto.
Europe will not embrace new electric vehicles unless they come with a manual gearbox. And some proper fucking guages to look at and a real handbrake.

He's taking a $15k loss on every 3 sold last I read.

That screen is offensively big and disgusting.

Fuck off Tesla

just checked. auto steer works up to 45mph on unmarked roads (no known speed limit) and 90mph on marked roads. Can do 5 over the limit right now but that might change. AP really shines in high-traffic environments anyways so the 5-over doesn't matter that much. I'd rather be driving it myself really fast but handing it over to the computer in a plodding situation

the marginal cost of a model s is about 30,000. They're making plenty.

>they fixed the bezel
>the entire rest of the car is still garbage

batteries don't have to be as dense as gasoline or diesel. since electric motors are 90% efficient and ICE is 30% at best.

correct. Even so, battery density keeps improving; 400 wh/kg is achievable in large-scale production. Will just take time.

lithium titanate batteries can recharge much faster than li-ion. their anodes have over 200 times the surface area compared to carbon anodes in li-ion batteries.

>Being this desperate to drive ICE

I wont fall for it mohamed

>electric nigger eternally BTFO
>b-b-but muh electric """"""""performance""""""""

kek, stay cucked with your overheating trash

>Being this desperate of financing terrorism

I Hope your daughter get culturally enriched with the saudi money

fucking magnets how do they work

i don't really consider this driving. i'm sure americans will adapt to it from their automatics fine though.

>being so desperate to defend your mac on wheels that you post the same image and reply in every thread