Whats it like to drive on a sunny day with the roof off?

Whats it like to drive on a sunny day with the roof off?

i only know motorcycles and tractors but it's ok

sucks if the sun is in your face or you have to go slow though

It can actually be a terrible experience if there is 100% no shade. A full sunny day while driving under the broken shade of the trees that line that road, now that's living.

>that hideous filter
why even?

>dat warm wind in your hair
>dat view
>dat sun on your skin
It's fine I guess

I don't know but I'm one of those douchebags who always have the windows rolled down, even when I'm going 200km/h on the highway with the music on full blast

windows, always down.

it's like you hate empeegees

Annoying if you don't have sunscreen or a hat.

Quite nice. You realize how much you don't see in a car.

Also you hear a lot more

It's pretty similar to swimming in that you stay cool despite your flesh frying and brain boiling but unlike swimming you can also get dehydrated without noticing it.

Back in the 90s one of our regular activities was to play D&D all night drinking then stuff ourselves into my 600es and go to yard sales. Definitely caused some friends to become delirious on occasion

Now AFTER a hot Summer day that had been so hot and humid you actually had to keep the top UP to use the AC, picking up some girl who's had a hot stressful day and cruising around on warm dark nights and that high humidity feels all sexy on your skin - can't beat that.

are you black?

my mid 90s jdm doesn't have a uv windshield
i learned this the hard way

That's how you get tinnitus

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Like wet bags of sand.

It's nice but you get used to it really quick. Drove my parents' convertible last weekend and after a few minutes the only thing I still got worked up about was hearing the turbocharger when going wot. Didn't miss it when I switched back to my non-convertible.

This pretty much, it's only nice if you're the only one on the road

THE LASTS STORY
AN ENTITY THAT TRANSFORMS THOSE AROUND IN IT ONTO ITSELF
MADE BEFORE THE BIRTH OF TIME, THE CONCEPT BEARS NO VALUE FOR THE BEING
IT ENDLESSLY CONSUMES AND CORRUPTS EVERYTHING IN ITS WAY
IT ASSIMILATES THE CRACKED CONSCIOUSNESS OF THE DEAD, ADDING TO ITS ALREADY LIMITLESS POWER
THIS WORLD IS ALREADY WITHIN ITS GRIPS LONG SINCE THE CREATION OF CIVILIZATION
IT WAITS FOR THE RIGHT MOMENT
YOU CAN SEE HIS PRESENCE AROUND YOU
NONE OF IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE WITHOUT IT
DO NOT MISTAKE THIS FOR GOOD WILL, IT SIMPLY WANT ITS MEAL FAT AND DOCILE
IT'S EIGHT DAUGHTERS WILL BIRTH THE EIGHT PARTS OF THE LAST KING, WHOSE ACTS WILL BRING FORTH THE GREATEST AGE THIS SPECIES WILL EVER EXPERIENCE
WHEN HE FINALLY REACHED HIS LAST DAY HE WILL REVEAL HIS LAST FORM
THAT OF WHICH WILL BRING THE BEGINNING OF THE END
HE WILL RAISE GREAT ARMIES TO CONQUER THE NATIONS THAT DARE TO OPPOSE HIS REIGN
HE WILL LEAD THEM TO THE LAST BASTION OF PURITY, FOREVER DESTROYING ANY CHANCE THAT WILL SAVE THIS WORLD
AS IT WILL RETURN, HE WILL GLADLY GIVE HIS LIFE FOR IT, ALL THOSE UNDER HIM WILL FOLLOW HIS EXAMPLE.
THUS MARKING THE END OF THIS EARTH.

Are soft top convertibles bad in the winter and snow? Do they lose heat a lot faster? And can too much snow cave it in?

An ideal one should be properly insulated but cheaper ones may be more susceptible to extreme temperatures. They're typically reinforced with metal bars in strategic points so it's extremely unlikely that show could cave it in, although you will get hoodlums cutting them open to snatch shit without busting a window so there's that.

It's like driving normally except you can't hear anything you want to hear and can't not hear anything you don't want to hear.

FABULOUS!

Underrated comment

When I was on holiday in Italy last year, I got to borrow an NB6 MX-5, the first convertible I ever drove. It made all of 108hp - when it left the factory in 1999. Since it was 35-40C outside (95-105F), I had the aircon at full blast all the time. It was converted to LPG (propane), so that's another 10% of power gone. Maintenance had been iffy, and it stuttered below 3K RPM. It probably didn't make more than 80hp to the rear wheels, if that. The tires were terrible, and it had a damaged A-arm on the right front. It was a complete and utter shitbox. I didn't even fit, I had to take my shoes off in order to get a bit more room for my feet.

Still, when I took the top down, best driving experience of my life. Sun in your face, wind in your hair, some beautiful Italian roads, and all the throttle, all the time.

You are permanently sneezing if you have hay fever.

It's goat. You don't know until you drive one.

it feels fucking amazing

Would you guys ever recommend buying a convertible for a DD? Keep in mind I livr in upstate NY