This kills the 3 series, c class, A4, pretty much everything in the segment

This kills the 3 series, c class, A4, pretty much everything in the segment

Other urls found in this thread:

cleantechnica.com/2017/07/29/tesla-model-3-will-come-in-standard-and-long-range-with-heavyweight-310-mile-range/
autotrader.com/car-news/tesla-people-hate-me-but-the-tesla-model-s-still-isnt-a-full-size-luxury-sedan-258246
theverge.com/2017/7/29/16060790/tesla-model-3-interior-controls-first-drive-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But why?

LOOKS SO FUCKING DUMB WITH NO GRILL

HAHAHAHAHA

>This kills the 3 series, c class, A4, pretty much everything in the segment
No, it doesn't. It's interesting, and it will be a great virtue signal to your neighbors. The interior does not compare to any of the Germans.

>power seats are part of the $5000 option package

Hmm

Maybe I should just buy an e39 M5

Veeky Forums will convince themselves to hate anything electric on principle.

I'm just excited that finally an electric car has been designed for driving characteristics beyond getting from point A to point B or pure acceleration. Despite what Veeky Forums believes electric has arbitrarily more potential in all metrics than gas, it just hasn't been tapped at the OEM level yet.

>At speed, it gains a laser-alertness I haven’t encountered before. By happenstance, associate road test editor Erick Ayapana had penciled me into a 2.0-liter Alfa Romeo Giulia to get here, and it feels like a wet sponge by comparison.

Watched the live event and watched some of the press release vids. I am genuinely disappointed in this car. It seems very basic. Everything from the design to the interior to the general amenities (2WD only until next year, probably at a higher price, no model S tier performance, ugly as sin exterior, tiny ass wheels, etc...) Literally looks like a 5 year old Mazda2.

On the bright side, I guess it works well a bare bones economy car that will safely get you from Point A to Point B, but it feels like they just threw a broad net in an effort to grab as much money as possible and it's obviously reflected in the quality of the product.

interior design by Fisher Price and Playskool.

I love the design and interior. Fuck off and get back in your corolla with every bit of interior covered in buttons.

The aesthetic sense of Veeky Forums comes from being literal 3 year olds. If you don't give them a bunch of buttons and knobs to amuse themselves they get bored and start crying.

This +1

Look at this Tesla shill samefagging

t. autistic manchild

until you need to take a long road trip

enjoy the lines at the supercharging station

holy fuck this
why do tesla 'tech savvy' fags act like this is the lap of luxury

it is aids

The age of ice is over

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DELETE THIS IMMEDIATELY

>Tesla
>Luxury
Kek

>Despite what Veeky Forums believes electric has arbitrarily more potential in all metrics than gas
Except weight, which is fundemental in vehicle dynamics.

>17 posters 16 replies
sure m7.

Nobody ever comes up with actual problems then complains about shills. is an actual problem. "I don't have a bunch of extraneous bullshit occluding my vision so I can enjoy my hand's width of forward visibility like a modern car should" is not an actual problem

THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING

WHERE DID IT ALL GO SO WRONG FELLOW COMBUSTION BROS

>I HAVE NO MOUTH AND I MUST SCREAM

Hurrrrrr durrrrrr

>I love the design and interior.
>I
Subjective, so not an argument.

>Model S
>A6
Those aren't fullsize luxury cars. They lack the wheelbase, length and equipment level of the A8/S/7er.

You should compare them both to the 5er or E-class (although both of those are much better equipped), the latter of which sold just under 24000 vehicles in H1. Hell, it sold a hair under 12K in Q1 alone.

YES WE ALL KNOW ELECTRICITY WEIGHS SO MUCH AND GAS IS WEIGHTLESS

OH WAIT NEVERMIND IM ACTUALLY A HUGE FUCKING RETARD

Pound for pound, gas contains way more energy than any battery available today.
It might change in the future, but right now that's the reality.

Elon said they focused on the weight. I think the Mod3 will end up being only slightly above average weight for its class. Where the real potential lies there though is battery improvements are constant and incremental. Recently saw a build where a guy converted an exige, doubled the power and kept decent range without increasing the weight by very much. That was unthinkable not long ago, the original Tesla roadster was a similar concept but was a boat in comparison.

In 10 years the weight comparison will be completely flipped and everyone will wonder why people still drive pigfat gas cars when two electric motors and a solid state graphene biopolymer hypercapacitor provides 10x the power with the same range at a third the weight.

The boundary between light and heavy cars is 3000lbs. The piggest pigfat of all pigfat cars to ever pigfat (Dodge Challenger) is just over 4500lbs, and is heavily critisized for being, well, pigfat. In P100D trim, a Model S is a hair under 5000lbs.

Electric consumer cars are pigfat.

average price of a new car is 33k in the US. the standard model @ 35k will be plenty popular. I'll probably get a used one in a few years.

Keep sucking Elon's dick then. The new Model 3 weighs 3800lbs. It competes with the 3er/A4/C0class, yet it weighs more than a base 5er.

>anecdotal evidence
Sure boy, that's ready for mass production. And those batteries were probably cheap enough that consumers can actually afford them. Oh, wait.

>In 10 years the weight comparison will be completely flipped
>solid state graphene biopolymer hypercapacitor
Keep talking about things you don't know, and people might actually believe you.

Unless you've actually designed an electric vehicle, and worked with the realistic limitations of modern battery technology, you'll never know how much of a weight restriction they prove. Electric motors won't provide 10x the power, they're already running into problems with basic physics. Batteries won't get smaller very soon, exactly because they'll get exponentially more expensive to produce if they do. It's not that we don't have insanely good batteries already, it's just that we can't put them into a 35K USD consumer-grade vehicle without turning huge losses, both financially and environmentally.

>taking personal offence
Enjoy that aneurysm at age 30, kid.

>The new Model 3 weighs 3800lbs.
No one knows what it weighs, check again. Also, that would be on the upper end of the 3 series.

>Sure boy, that's ready for mass production. And those batteries were probably cheap enough that consumers can actually afford them.
It was an example of what can be done. Also, barely changed the base vehicle aside from the power train, and the batteries came out of a fucking volt.

>Electric motors won't provide 10x the power, they're already running into problems with basic physics.
Electric motors don't need any greater power density than they already have to be so much better than gas motors that it isn't really worth quibbling about.

>Batteries won't get smaller very soon
Except they're literally constantly getting smaller.

>No one knows what it weighs, check again.
cleantechnica.com/2017/07/29/tesla-model-3-will-come-in-standard-and-long-range-with-heavyweight-310-mile-range/

Not him, but 3814lbs for a Long Range model. You know, the model that will actually go as far as it's BMW or Mercedes competitors.

PS >solid state graphene biopolymer hypercapacitor was clearly a joke. It's just a reference to the fact that no one really knows what battery tech is going to be predominantly based on in 10 years. There's a lot of stuff up in the air right now.

Color me corrected on that. So the upper end of the 3 will be barely heavier than the upper end of the 3 series? Got it.

AYO HOL UP

fuck off macfag
dildo isn't preinstalled HAHAHHAHAHA

Teslafag are the macfags of the car world

the design is horrendous. It looks like a fake baby porsche panamera which already had polarizing looks.

The the interior is this minimalistic meme of nothingness. Only the dull and uninspired would fall in love with such a soulless monstrosity. Then, the touchscreen looks like that's where all the funds for producing this car went into.

This has no elegance unlike it's big brother. Elon Musk doesn't care about the middle class and never will.

t. Veeky Forums regular

Looks like a fish blob.

cna't wait for carbon fiber parts to replace some of the steel bits like the hood and trunk.

Good Infidel. Don't forget about financing our "activities" and burn as much gas as you can

Then we can toss out all the idiotic arguments about the interior.

I don't see why it would need more. Just give me AC and Bluetooth and I'll be happy.

>soulless

yeah I don't see the need for the deluxe package. Powered mirrors? extra USB ports in the back? Yeah, I'd rather have the 5k. I think the base 35k one is a great value all on it's own.

Makes me wish that model S based GT series had waited for the 3. The 3 seems like it will be a car that wants to be on the track vs. the S which wants to be literally anywhere else.

You're fucking retarded. Veeky Forums constantly shills against new cars because they're covered in buttons and infotainment garbage. The model 3 just looks trash.

Pre orders aren't fucking sales retard

see
"m-muh subjective opinion isn't an argument"
make up your minds ICE fags

>model S
>pre orders
show me how retarded you really are

even if half of the pre orderers drop out, that's still 24/7 tm3 production for a year. Then they can fund the model y factory and GF2

>Model S
>Luxury car
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

autotrader.com/car-news/tesla-people-hate-me-but-the-tesla-model-s-still-isnt-a-full-size-luxury-sedan-258246

I bet you'd have wanted a pile of manure smeared on the steering wheel of your model t if you lived in early 20th century...

Jesus thats only 300kg off a rolls royce phantom
Electric atm is the defenition of pigfat

could be worse. at least the pigfat gives you a low CG.

Take that fartbox out of our sight.

The S is a boat, but it's not really indicative of where electric design is anymore. The Bolt and the Model 3 represent the state of the art now.

>"laser-alertness"
What the hell, if it wasn't that sad, I could laugh about it. Sounds like some fucking sillicon valley nerd speak. This line will probably be quoted everywhere by those Tesla arse crawlers.
The Alfa will beat this grocery cart in every single measure.

The interior is proportionally larger in volume. I've in the back seat of Model S and the legroom is huge. Much bigger than in E class Merc, so can't be far away from S class.

part of that is the hueg glass. The proper design can make it feel bigger than it is

Yeah fuck me for quoting motor trend, the opinion I should be looking for is some guy who breathed on a civic once.

It has great design, but actually the headroom is only adequate. The car is very low. Looks great, but not practical. My guess is the next S will be taller, on par with 3. Expect the nose to change too, to ditch the cheap apologetic look in both X and S.

Can Trump please stop my tax dollars from going to this shitty company? Shit just make it so I can select where my tax money goes.

tax money isn't going to tesla. people are being allowed to keep their own money, that would normally go to taxes, if they buy one.

When is GM gonna give its billions in subsidies back?

>select where my tax money goes.
Great idea drumpfkin

Jokes on you I live in commiefornia where your tax dollars directly fund this company.

the selective tax thing is a good idea IF you limit it to like %30, and force certain aspects to have "minimums". Wouldn't want to have super overfunded one thing with a critical but not flashy thing being broke.

or the sugar industry They get a billion or so a year. or Big Dairy. We still have great depression subsidies kicking around, lol

not if you want to drive 221 miles without stopping :v)

You should just wait until there's some legit coverage on it after the hype has settled and not from some overexcited motor trend buffoon.

too bad the back looks fucking retarded

>driving over three hours without stopping to being with

theverge.com/2017/7/29/16060790/tesla-model-3-interior-controls-first-drive-2017

>Cornering was decent, and when I turned the wheel, I saw no sign of understeer. I made only right turns, and most of the roads that I drove on were crowded with other cars or construction, so I wouldn’t describe my experience as a conclusive test drive, but what I walked away with was a glimpse into what Tesla is thinking.

>needing 3 hours to drive 220 miles

While you teslafags support open pit mining of heavy/toxic metals to make your batteries thatll be scrap after some years... Just keep shilling

>car review from a tech site
what did you expect? At least cherry pick from a car site, jeez

"I literally know nothing about this car, but it's a shitty go cart!"
"You can't quote professional reviewers who have actually driven the car, it's not legitimate."

>lithium mining
>damaging to the environment

I'm not laughing at the car, I'm laughing at the site

>no understeer while doing right corners in a construction riddled road
WOW!

Your tax money isn't getting spent on this.

""""professional reviewers""""

All the people salivating over the Tesla work for tech mags.

Batteries are basically big chunks of cobolt/copper ore. Super easy to recycle.

imblyning it isn't

t. shill

You get lithium from evaporation pools coming off lakes. Those pools provide habitat for water fowl.

>implying it will last 220 miles at the speed I drive
The 220 miles is rated at 50-55mph. It lowers exponentially if you drive faster.

That's a copper mine, you mouth breathing retard.

that's a copper mine, moron. Lithium mining is done by pumping brine to the surface and having it evaporate. Still not ""good"" for the environment, but then again what is. People don't complain about copper pipes in their house being bad for the environment when they buy it.

If you think that's a lithium mine, then I have a pristine, completely ecologically stable coal mine to sell you. I'll be waiting.

>motor trend is the verge
Okay sure.
What do I have to do, wait for Matt Farrah to drive it and throw off the driving dynamics with his unsecure load?

even worse then

>not being able to do at least 1000 km without having to refuel/recharge
shiggy diggy do

more like 1300 km if talking German diesel saloons

i really wish people wouldn't lump social security and medicare in with general funds budget. they are funded by a separeate tax and keep their budget separate from the general fund. except when congress borrows money from social security.

50-60 percent of the general fund, funded by income taxes and other, is doing to defense spending. we could cut that to 40% easily, just by no longer bombing and occupying muslim and african nations.

it cost $24,000 a hour to fly a F/A-18. JDAM bombs cost $18,000 each. tomahawk cruise missiles cost 1 million each. a b-52 cost $70,000 a hour to fly. A B-2 stealth bomber cost $170,000 a hour to fly.

buh, muh power projection
muh 12 carrier groups

According to Tesla at 80-85 MPH which is average speeds now on highways the car should only last 110 miles. So you only need to drive an hour and a half before requiring it to recharge.

>costs about $10-20 to fully charge
>200mi range
It's not any different than gasoline really, you just get to pat yourself on the back.

Muh power projection is the only stable source of security in the entire world.

I want to hear the cries of the euros when we take it all back.

we can keep those. we just don't need to be actively engaged in conflicts.

16 years of non stop war has worn out the military. all our current airplanes are basically held together with duct tape, spare parts from the boneyard, and good intentions.

we have let russia and china invade other countries and annex new territory. ossitia in Georgia, crimea and novorussia in ukraine, the spratlys in the Philippines. we don't have the strength left to stand up to russia, china, or even north korea. we would have to start drafting people and increase spending to an even more ruinous amount.