Whats my most basic bitch car for light offroading? is 4x4 even required for something like pic related?

whats my most basic bitch car for light offroading? is 4x4 even required for something like pic related?

No you don't need 4x4 you just need something with decent ground clearance like minivan tier or above.

i also got some equipment to haul so i was thinking of something with a bed

Any subaru

I'd drive my Corolla down that road. That's not offroading.

any car should be able to handle that kind of terrain unless its some stanceshit car with 1mm ground clerance

a fiat uno could handle that

that was just the closest example i can find. think more of like dried up lake beds and unkempt forest roads

Going to need at MINIMUM a full-size quad cab with 6" lift, 36 tires on 20" wheels, wheel spacers for wider stance, LED light bars front and rear, and new bumpers front and rear for better approach and departure angles.

You don't want to get stuck out there!

your guys' advice is pretty good but i think im gonna go with a tacoma, thanks all

You don't need 4x4
Just get the cheapest Subaru you can find

AMC eagle wagon

better get a Tatra 813

don't forget to keep a Sherp ATV in the back just in case

put the Tatra inside a Zubr-class LCAC, while you're at it
you should be ok

forgot pic

at minimum you want good ground clearance, GOOD tires, and lockers. If you're not going to have 4x4 you need lockers.

I've driven a fuckin' fwd shitbox offroad in a forest no problem.
As long as the car doesn't have the ground clearance of modern cars, it more often than not can do some light offroading.

first gen Fiat Panda 4x4 is what you want

holy fuck that's terrifying

4L

Driven my 96 Accord offroad multiple times. Have gone places most Jeepfags and brotruckers don't like going because it's too rough.

It wasn't easy, I had to go slow and I hit the underbody a lot, but she did it without much issue. Nothing got damaged except the muffler got dented to shit.

cool car, user

Get a Citroen SM

more like a 2CV

Lada Niva.

>is 4x4 even required for something like pic related?
Nope. I would go 35mph or more down that with no sweat in my stock ride height 91' Civic.

1st gen Eclipse

Ultimate offroad machine

Anything can get through that

Light offroading, and you're in the US, and you want a bed? Probably a used 4x4 Ford Ranger or similar