What went so wrong that they're quality seemingly plummeted in the last decade?

What went so wrong that they're quality seemingly plummeted in the last decade?

Or have the only good things theyve pumped out been vans and sports cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Twingo#Twin.27Run
carscoops.com/2017/07/renault-nissan-beats-vw-group-in-first.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

up

Fucking Renault, that's why. I've heard they don't even consider the next gen of the Z a priority and want to can it.

Their entry level and commercial vehicles are fine. Plenty of mediocrity with everything else.

I guess they want people to get Infinitis instead of Maximas and Zs?

They got stealth bought out by Renault. They're just another brand of a shitty French carmaker now. They knew if they got bought out outright, that people would perceive them as a shitty French carmaker and flee their brand, so they did it as quiet as they could, so they could trick as many of their loyal customers into buying their shit before they figured it all out.

>tfw had to look it up
>Tfw its true
>MFW

I'm an Infiniti dealership tech. The quality of Nissan and Infiniti has gone up, however Nissan has ceased to produce desirable cars for enthusiasts. It's that simple. Everything that Nissan makes noe is uninspired trash. You have to go to Infiniti to get anything sporty (apart from the Z).

>muh renault

What's wrong with them? It is a pretty good carmaker for especially French.

>hey guys, this turd is less smelly than the others
last lists I saw they were rated pretty low.
Also why haven't they done anything to the Z aesthetically since like over a decade ago?
I love the design, and honestly I love them keeping it clean, but damn.

Think about it though - the Nissan Twingo instead of the next Z car.

Too late, damage has been done to their reputation. They'd have to offer a Hyundai level warranty before I'd consider them again.

Educate me in frogshit. How does the twingo stack up to the Micra/March?
>tfw renault sells mostly rebadged Dacia in LatAm
UMA
DELÍCIA

Hey Infinity-user. Are the 2010s G37s and Q50s good to go for reliability or are they problem machines like Nissans tend to be viewed as lately?

>Nissan made Japan-exclusive cars
>Nissan was the GOAT
>Nissan doesn't make Japan-exclusive cars
>Nissan is shit

Hmm, I sure do wonder what the connection here could be...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Twingo#Twin.27Run
But dont expect anything fun or better than mediocre from Ghosn

Because they're obsessed with making everything a FWD CVT with either a QR25 or a VQ35. If they could put a CVT in the 370z, GTR, and Titan/Armada and people would still buy them, they would.

I fucking hate Ghosn and can't wait for Saikawa to make some changes now that Ghosn has stepped down. Maybe even rekindle the flame under the IDX project, while I'm dreaming.

>IDX project, while I'm dreaming.
keep dreaming

Let me have this one shred of hope, user

dream of the idx the way i dream of a mr2

It went wrong when they decided to not bring back Datsun to it's former glory, carrying the Z cars under their names, and re-entering the U.S. market to challenge the Toyobaru twins at the best affordable RWD sports car. No.

>It's now a cheap car bitch brand like Scion to sell in poverty countries

To be fair, fwd cvt appliances is what everyone makes now
Unless you want a shitty dct like ferd

Yes they are basically bullet proof if you do your maintenance. They do have their issues though; the earlier the year model, the more prevalent the issue will be. We would see things like head gasket coolant leaks (to outside the engine, no driveability concerns), inner timing cover leaks, valve timing oil passage gasket blowing out (which also requires removal of the inner timing cover), valve springs broken (extremely rare, only 2 cases in the 4 years Ive been at infiniti). The later the year model the better off you are. I would go for a 2011+ G37. 2013 would be best though, hardly any issues at all on those (or a 2014/2015 Q40, they renamed it).

The Q50 still has some electrical bugs. The entertainment system/navigation screens/audio screens/etc are fucking trash. Programming is garbage. You will be disappointed with it. 2015 is better than 2014. But the drivetrain is bullet proof, VQ37HR and 7 speed auto. In 2016 they changed the engine lineup to a 3.0l twin turbo or 2.0l turbo. 2.0l is german trash, avoid. 3.0l is pretty good so far, but we're only a year in so who knows, its anyones guess. Entertainment system is...better. Still leaves something to be desired.

europoorean fagotronian frog eating french faggots ruined the entire brand, god i hate europeans so fucking much

Also forgot, on the Q50 ABSOLUTELY avoid the DAS steering system. It is awful.

They ruined their own brand with retarded decisions, the french just picked up the scraps

pretty good if you like 0.8L diesel shitboxes
why does every faggot think their car is 'bulletproof'? just because your shitbox hasnt blown up yet doesnt mean its bulletproof.
if you buy any g37, q50 nu-skyline kill yourself

You can't ruin something which was ruined already. Nissan was never good.

this x1000

how dare they insult the datsun legacy like this

>rear-wheel-drive hot hatch
>mid-mounted V6 engine with 320 hp (235 kW)
>twin-clutch six-speed sequential gearbox
>limited-slip differential
>double-wishbone independent suspension on both axles

>What went so wrong that they're quality seemingly plummeted in the last decade?
Carlos Ghosn.
That's the entire answer. He's the reason nissan is so shit. Nissan fans hail him as a hero for returning Nissan to profitability but now they're stuck with shitty unreliable shit quality cars.

Despite the quality of their products getting seemingly shitter and shitter every year as you all say, the French-Japanese alliance is selling more cars than before according to a recent report.

carscoops.com/2017/07/renault-nissan-beats-vw-group-in-first.html

>r32,r33,r34
>s13,s14,s15
>300zx z32, z33

Look at this F&F "I'm a JDM expert" fanboy who completely forgot (or never knew) that when Renault came Nissan was almost bankrupt due to their poor decisions. Just because they had a couple cool cars doesnt compensate for the sea of identical shitboxes canibalising each other they were making.

>developed by Nissan engineers I assume?

Renault makes garbage

Do you really have to shill the trash in your free time?

t. Has never seen a renault irl

>t. assmad frogshitbox owner

i had a safrane while my friend had laguna
and i drove other renault cars

they are shitboxes, ok shitboxes but still shitboxes

Mississippi factory screwing up ancient Frontiers.

>implying

Read what I said, you fucking dunce. If you do maintenance. Bullet proof is a loosely used term, nothing is actually bullet proof and indestructible you fucking moron.

Did you even read my entire post? There are things wrong with them, I'm not stroking Infinitis cock, I'm calling it how it is. KYS mate.

calm down flaming autist. find another vent for your sexual frustration

Have they even made a new car in the past 10 years?

I live in the southern USA and I only see black people and mexicans driving nissans and infinitis.

Wannabe gangsters love the Altima.

doesnt nissan offer 10 year loans or something ridiculous like that?
thats probably why

>renault

wtf. i had no idea. it all makes perfect sense now why all their cars seem to be boring piles of shit

They've become the Chrysler of Japan.

Nissan is the best japanese brand???

In Mexico, Nissan is regarded as the cheap reliable workhorse brand, the B12 sentra was sold unchanged until last year. They also have they own financial dept with 6-7 yr loans and plans for people that want to uber/cabbie them. GM only approaches them in shitbox sales because they manage to be even more aggressive with financing.