>Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

>Webms with sound:
#

>Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PHUmevSHFJk
amazon.com/gp/product/0965045021/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/Proficient-Motorcycling-Ultimate-Guide-Riding/dp/1620081199/ref=pd_sim_14_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1620081199&pd_rd_r=FB9VJ0DQCPC4JAFWB03H&pd_rd_w=B3WAZ&pd_rd_wg=rRkDv&psc=1&refRID=FB9VJ0DQCPC4JAFWB03H
youtube.com/watch?v=Ni2a2zUia_A
youtube.com/watch?v=FN9uqEx0t6A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yamaha a best

2nd for kawasaki jesus

I haven't done much myself since I got it, but the bike came with a bunch of stuff
>Full yoshimura system
>yoshimura can cut in half
>velocity stacks
>pc3
>tre
>underglow
>HID low beam
>stupid looking rear sets
>car charger outlet
>came with a gps mounted
>tinted signal lenses
>K&N filter (included 3 extras, but no cleaner? lol)
>pasenger pegs off
>rear solo cowl
>fender eliminator

I'm surely forgetting stuff
bike also came with a load of other stuff in boxes
>miscellaneous bike parts including signals various sliders, nuts and bolts
>tank prop rod
>factory tool kit
>original titanium headers
>yoshimura slip on mid pipe with a trs carbon can
>clear lenses
>two jackets
>gloves (in the jacket pocket)
>bike cover

Anime is best
Suzuki second

3rd for honda is worst

in for Suzuki

>gpr exhaust
>rizoma knockoff signals
>tail tidy
>gold levers
>little cover thing above headlight
>oxford heaterz grips

Ecu flash and a 12v plug are the only things left to do.

What anime is best? I want to full body l itansha my bike because my plastic has cracks on it.

I snapped this while I was working on my bike. Anyone know what it does?
The tacho acts a little funny now and the temp gauge doesn't work. Could I solder it back on?

>What anime is best?
>I want to full body l itansha

Why aren't there any dirtbike fags on here?

Why is it so hard to find a riding buddy around Denver?

I can't even tell wtf I'm looking at, but here's the best advice I got for you
>look up service manual for your bike
>figure out what you broke
>remove broken part
>use the chisel method to remove, or weld a nut to it
>replace the part

Not sure what it does, but the right way to fix that is cut off the old broken end odf the wirecompletelly, then solder/heatshrink on a new one to bolt on.

Dont try to reattach the busted connector you have on now, it will never work right.

Bakuon

youtube.com/watch?v=PHUmevSHFJk

From previous thread.

Had I the money, I'd go riding with you.
I hear there's a lot of good off roading out here.
I just don't have a dirt bike.

The front range isn't the greatest, I have to haul my shit 2 hours for decent riding.

It's very much worth it though.

Went out on my first ride yesterday night. I borrowed my mums Marauder 250. Just spent an hour practicing proper signaling / turning / gearing up and down. Also spent some time around traffic, getting a feel for watching my mirrors and shoulder checking whenever I move between lanes / stop at an intersection.
Bike is low on power, but weighs very little. I had a blast and now I really want to get my own bike now.
tl;dr what they say is true, riding is addictive. And I want more.

Somewhat new to the area.
Out in COS.
I keep wanting to get a dirtbike, but I always seem to have more important things to spend money on.
Used to live up in washington and loved it up there. Take a weekend, camp out and ride.

I'm thinking about getting a motorcycle, but how do you start learning? It's not like everyone can pull a trailer with their bike to some training center.
I know, at least for my State, you need to pass the knowledge test and then you get a permit that allows you to ride alone during the day and you aren't allowed on the highway. But that first time riding... what are you supposed to do? I would love some nice empty parking lot but you would need to know someone who could drive your bike there it seems.
Also... how often do motorcycles get stolen? It seems like it would be a lot easier to jack one than a car.

At what rpms does v Tec kick in?

All the good riding is relatively close to COS. I pretty much have to drive through COS to get to any of the good spots.

Get a dirt bike.

Bakuon a shit. Rin had the right idea though, Suzuki a best

Johnny?

Take a class. Couple hundred bucks and a weekend. It's mandatory in Mass, idk about your state, but do it anyway. They teach you how to ride a bike, they provide the bikes for the training exercises. I recommend it to friends even if they don't want to buy a motorcycle, just so they can ride one if they absolutely had to and it's FUN.

It's important to note though that the class only trains you to go like 15 mph in a parking lot. You still need to practice in parking lots and on back roads. Just don't push your limits.

Google around for classes. It's fun, you won't regret it.

I can bring my pig DR650 and drive it in to a tree with you because its so fucking fat if you want

Nice meem

I really want to.
I was going to grab my dads old cr500 and fix it, but two days before I got home last month, he gave it away.
Dirtbikes are much more expensive than they aught to be.
And I spose I'd have to buy proper gear. Which might end up being more expensive than the bike I get.

THIS

Oh, I didn't see that before -- my State also has a class where they provide training bikes (or allow you to bring your own if it's under 500cc) Neat.
However, now that I've started to watch , I don't want to try anymore. ;_;

My WR450 is fat as fuck too.

Proper gear? So, a helmet, gloves, and boots? You don't need to wear a gayass jersey and pants like I do (and nearly everyone else on the trails).

is gramps the oldest here dbt?

>tfw no tech cams here

Another helmet, cause I'm more likely to crash on dirt and I don't wanna fuck up my street helmet, and boots. If I recall, boots can be a little pricey.
Did a check on craigslist, definitely gonna have to find something not running if I wanna dirtbike, almost nothing under $2k.

Will a new exhaust system make a massive difference on a drz that already is rejetted with a 3x3 mod? A full exhaust is ludicrously expensive for what seems like a tiny gain

Man, those are idiots being idiots. Try watching some MotoVloggers, like Do It With Dan, Jake the Garden Snake, ChaseOnTwoWheels, there's a bunch. Some ride like idiots sometimes, but most are pretty cool and talk about riding quite a bit. If you're smart about it and don't ride drunk, the risk is manageable.

Got my license and bike three years ago, it's a lot of fun. Pic related, it's the kind of bike I have. Good fun, would recommend.

There's plenty of decent bikes out there (I just searched Denver briefly) for under $2000. What are you looking for?

A lot of those are people being idiots, but some of those can't be helped... like what do you do if you're forced to ride over some gravel? It seems like anything can knock you down and that cars don't see you. I just wanted to take the backroads to work and save on gas and feel a little bit more free.

Honestly, I'd love something like a CR500, cause that's what I learned on.
I also used to have and xr600 years ago. Heard that the guy I sold it to is just letting it sit in his garage, kinda sad.
But I think anything dirtbike 250 and up I'd settle for.
But this wouldn't be for a few months, I'd have save up some.

Johnny?

Gravel can be scary, but there's a lot of things you can do to learn to ride safely. People ride on dirt and gravel all the time and stay upright.

There are two books I bought and read before I bought my bike, I think they gave me a good sense of what to do:

amazon.com/gp/product/0965045021/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

amazon.com/Proficient-Motorcycling-Ultimate-Guide-Riding/dp/1620081199/ref=pd_sim_14_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1620081199&pd_rd_r=FB9VJ0DQCPC4JAFWB03H&pd_rd_w=B3WAZ&pd_rd_wg=rRkDv&psc=1&refRID=FB9VJ0DQCPC4JAFWB03H

and I watched this
youtube.com/watch?v=Ni2a2zUia_A

which has HILARIOUSLY awful acting and good information

Thank you for the information.
Are those Twist of the Wrist ones worthwhile even if I never intend to go over 35mph?

johnny its me archie

Yes, 100%. Good control is more important the slower you're going. Going fast straight is the easiest thing to do on a motorcycle

If you wear proper gear ALWAYS and ride smart, it's a lot of fun. I love it because all I do when I ride is focusing on riding. No music, just you and the wind and the engine. It's beautiful and fun and is like nothing else.

>Good control is more important the slower you're going.
That makes me a little nervous. I'll definitely check those out then. Thanks again.

You're not Johnny

I didn't say I was.
I just think johnny should kill you.

>It's mandatory in Mass
The fuck? No it's not. You can get your license through the RMV without ever taking an MSF course.
>couple hundred bucks
Not in Mass. Try $300+.

There are
And kitty is in Denver I believe, convince him to get a dirtbike

YOURE not archie

This was funny, but seriously, i know youre here johnny you pseudo dual sport riding bitch youve never ever ridden on grass with your bike ill fuck your ass

My bad, you're right. Mandatory for minors, I think it's a good idea for adults and it does include the RMV test with the class. Unless you've been riding dirt bikes or something.

It isn't terribly cheap but $300 isn't bad compared to what you're gonna be spending on gear and a bike if you're a brand new rider.

>Try $300+.
>tfw in Pennsylvania its free

For turning/counter steering, when they say to press on the handle bar, do they mean push down wards? Is this something I could practice on a bicycle?
All I can think of is the movie Cars where that ojii car says to go left you have to turn right.

$100 here in louisiana

Where johnny and i live

JOHNNY I KNOW YOURE HERE

push right go right, push left go left

get up to like 10mph on a bike and its almost the same idea

A bicycle works exactly the same way as a motorcycle once it's moving at speed, except a motorcycle is a lot heavier.

Thank you; I'll go bomb some hills and try it out. This is a whole 'nother world to me.

Let us know if the ECU flash makes a big difference. I'm rocking a 2016 FZ 09 right now. No mods.

went on my first group ride with turbosquids
breddy gud/10

you balding piece of shit

Fuck you and your $400 helmet

How old is the fucker, I'll be 51 in a couple of months.

Nope. Just ride the fucking thing and smile.

i could literally fire you if i wanted to you know
so you better respect me

stock that cooler you bitch, it will always be cooler than you, literally. Climb back on your fool sport and get hit bt a bus

this is rude

Hello, fellow Louisiana... person

>do they mean push down wards
No. 2 wheeled vehicles turn by leaning, mechanically 2 wheeled vehicles lean by pointing the front wheel to the outside to shift the center of gravity relative to the contact patch so they start falling over then follow the curve by turning the front wheel to the inside. Turn further and you lever the bike back up.

Think about how when you're going really slow (or even stopped) and the bike gets wobbly you turn the handlebars to hold it up, it's the same dynamics at play.

Johnny? Hey man i was just kidding around, its nice seeing other riders that work here. I mean even though you ride a little kiddy bike its still a cool bike i guess. Honestly i hate you and im going to pop your tires before you drive home on monday night, have fun crashing. This is for stealing my cheese crackers from the break room and lying about it, there are fucking cameras you imbecile. Youre going to die.

Was it worth it, Johnny? Was the half eaten bag of cheez itz worth it? I lick my fingers you know.

You consumed my saliva. Now my saliva will consume you, when i lick your fucking corpse off the pavement, digest you, and shit you in to a cheese cracker bag. I will have my fucking crackers back

how could you tell i was black

...I didn't say you were.

Now I'm confused.

Are electric bikes badass or nah?

youtube.com/watch?v=FN9uqEx0t6A

oh
what was the "...person" thing for then

Regardless, greetings fellow human trash

Did you hear about the abita springs sign? The one some asshole crashed his car in to while going 136 mph? That was me. It got me laid and i got rid of my shitty v6 challenger too. Jail soon probably

I know you're here

Calvin?

Pretty good memes aside.
Automatic shifting, no leg burns when riding in Rhodesian battle shorts on summer days, sneaky breaky.
Bad side; doesn't sound right, sound like big bumble bee, slightly gay?, and needs recharging but can only be at home cause tesla and others is dildos and can't figure out a way to make a universals charging port so you need to bring your own charger.

It's archie i drive the yamaha is that you johnny? I was just messing around, you dont need to check your tires or anything.

And dont worry about the empty bags of cheese crackers you find in your house, i didnt leave those There, and im not going to kill you.

Hey man don't sweat it.
Relatively new to biking here myself. Just got my permit and gonna get my baiku tomorrow hopefully.
Going slow is easy and turning is easy while going slow. What you should be concerned about is dropping it.
It'll happen even to the most experienced riders, when it happens to you, don't panic or anything.

Also, you won't go slow forever. Trust me I thought the same thing and then I twisted that throttle just a bit and man.

cool but not when i can get an h2 for the same price

Stop talking to me like im brain damaged, ill probably learn much faster then you did. Hell, im probably better then you already.

This is quite flattering, guys, thank you.
First, buy spackle and repaint your shit.

Then, try actually watching some. I'm reasonably sure the associated shit wouldn't be worth it without strong personal connection to the character.

(Hence Ryoko, in my case. There are plenty of KAHWHY GRILLS, some of which make better pinups. But there's nothing like the classic.)

I don't know what a louisiana person is referred to as. Louisianians? That sounds silly.

Regardless, no I did not hear about that.

I just looked into it, and even saw the video. It looks like they were pretty upset about that sign. But I guess when you're a small town in Louisiana, a welcome sign is all you've got.

Wish you the best of luck in jail, man.

I dropped mine the first time I rode it, but it was when I was stopped. I did not anticipate how heavy the bike is full, and I stopped on an angle on a hill and the bike just slowly started tipping on me. I laid it down gently then picked it back up, nbd.

Don't be like me friends, stop where you've got good footing and an angle where the bike wants to stay upright.

>press on the handle bar, do they mean push down wards?
No, away from you.

>weeaboo
>rides a dumb gay weeaboo bike
Stupid weebs kys

Which biker here got some??

Thanks my man. Court date aint till November, gonna try and get some riding in before they revoke my license and sue my family.

That sign cost a shit load of money. Insurance isnt paying much.

What kind of bike do you have?

the middle.

Can't tour on only 300 miles a day.
Hypermileage fairings or hydrogen-electric may help, but until I see something better or gas is illegal, handlebars are "cold dead hands" grade.

how many people died?

I'm going to murder your family and throw your bike in the river you nigger respond to me

I ride a Sportster, but I wear a full face helmet and leather jacket, so people get really confused. I went into Cycle Gear and the manager recognized me because of my gear. Apparently someone in his riding group snapped a picture of me because its so rare to see someone on a Harley that actually wears gear.

Fuck off reajuu.

People who wear half helmets or even 3/4 are dumb as fuck. No helmet is even worse.

I mean it's fucking America do what you want but sign an organ donor card please.

Can you go into neutral if you are in 2nd gear if your foot stomped on the gear lever by accident?

Yes

You come to dbr a lot? Maybe we could ride together after i get my bike.

Sounds beautiful, doesnt it? A poorfag on a duct taped XR/DR650 riding alongside a glorious "muh haratush"