/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB49)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?38717

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&index=1&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=Xtdgz6NNPyo&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

Previous thread:

I want to witness Fernando's muscles!

Are servers still down? What are they even doing?

It would be hilarious if Wolves picks up Bird and the boys.

It's back up, it was a scheduled maintenance apparently.

This looks a little bit like Massimo de Vita's art.

Ying would fit well in the Samurai Jack art-style.

Why is WIllo so bad?

I want to have a loving relationship with Kinessa!

Who has best heals?

is there any way to gift crystals to someone?

Seris, sort of.
Her single-target heals beat out everyone in the game, but it's got less utility than aoe
Best aoe healer is Mal'Damba iirc

In terms of ease of use and range? Yeah, if you go full healslut. But by the numbers alone, she only has 500HPS which loses to both Mal and Ying's basic loadout.

Intermittent 1000 HPS is still a higher rate than constant 280 HPS
Ying can't stack illusions with her base loadout and Mal'Damba can only for a few seconds stack healing to beat the 500 HPS Seris evens out to once you invest in her legendary and whatever the fuck card it is to drop her cooldown.

And even if you do stack Ying illusions, her healing rate is 490 HPS. Which is less than Seris.

Which map(s) do you hate the most?
Ice Mines and Fish Market can go fuck themselves imo

Where did you get your numbers from? Mal Damba stacks his heals with the basic loadout and Ying starts with 8 Seconds duration, a 2 point card will give her 100% uptime. There is no way Seris can heal better than both of them in an environment where they only need to spam their heal abilities. The pocket healing is still better in competitive though.

We have the sames, also Timber Mill and Brightmarsh are kinda eugh.

Mal'Damba healing is 280 per second fdm either source, with constant uptime on mending spirits.
Combined with the gourd you have 4.8 seconds of stacked healing (560 total), and 5 seconds of just mending spirits due to cooldown (I can't remember if the cooldown starts ticking while the gourd is active, but this is assuming it does. Otherwise cooldown is 10 seconds)
If you average this out it's 420HPS (or less depending on how gourd cooldown works)

Ying has a flat 350HPS, single-target healing that automatically seeks out the best target.
With stacking, this reduces each by 30% but doubles the sources, which gives you 490HPS

I didn't say Seris could heal better than either of them, and flat-out said she has worse utility. But her single-target rate of healing is the best in the game.
And I grabbed these numbers off the wiki.

What do you guys think of Arid V2?

i like it a lot

Stone keep and timber mill

Downloaded this game yesterday, i like viktor cus aiming in combat is essential for me, how's the hero?

Solid all around, especially early on in lower elos where he doesn't get punished for standing in the open doing his thing. If you really want to test your aim, get good at androxus who's useful at all levels and in any meta, and just generally carries harder.

Ice guards and Frog isles, they're the worst.

Ice guard is the worst map in the game without a doubt. From the awful placement of the point, to the lack of flank routes, to the fact that you can be de-horsed from the point a mile away, it's just cancer.

if you have a vagina and are a redhead she might just pitty fuck you while she thinks about cassie

Oh, so that's how they pay their dev team.

I want to send all the Kinessa players I get matched with to an aim training mode

>700 chests for a common item
Jesus christ

depends what elo you have >2500 damba

They're all competitively viable with a good team, so you're absolutely right people will argue about it.

doesnt sound rigged to me at all

doorways are too small and lead to claustrophobic fights

I'm only having fun when I win
but I'm bad at videogames

Grohk ultimate should give him 10% damage reduction for the duration also he should get a small amount of bonus damage from his Lightning staff on targets slowed by the Shock Pulse

He should just be invincible during his ult. It's not like it does fuck all anyways. He really doesn't need any better dueling power though.

Is Viktor complete shit or am i bad with him. Always getting fucked by flanks no matter what and his damage seems low compared to others.

His DPS is respectable, but it's sustained rather than burst-as such, he can seem weak compared to characters who deal hundreds of damage with a single shot.

You're a baddie. If you start shooting first Vik wins vs almost anyone in a head to head, except vs like fusillade Drogoz and maybe BK. His escape is meh though and if you don't shoot first you can end up in trouble. Pay more attention to flankers audio cues.

This will be your support tonight

I can live with that.

High elo player here, ask me anything.

What's the way to build Willo for when you don't need max dead zone with scorched earth? Flitter and flora 4 with blast flower?

no

I'd make it heal him too when it attacks and when it heals (even if there's no target). Making him just invincible is kind of boring.

>I'm only having fun when I win
That's a sign of a bad game mate

Which frontline/support do you main?

What champions do you love to play? Are there any champions you hate playing against?

Unless you are 3.5k+ your opinion means shit

Is Tumblr freaking out about her being a racist caricature fantasy made by a white man yet?

>sub 4k shitter thinks he's high elo

You mean they weren't before?

You'd never see them again. We're talking about the guys who can't hit a turret, right?

I figured if they were, I'd have heard about it already.

That could work too if the values were upped. It's just such a bad ult though I don't know what would make it salvageable.

Every time.

Will Paladins ever have as much futa content as Smite ?

>most pros are around 3100-3400
>only the best of the best pros have more than 3500

I'm not sure it's really meant to be very powerful offensively. I think of it more as being a moving totem.

What do you guys feel about this slight buff to a legendary:

Makoa (Leviathan)

+1500 hp (current effect) + CC immunity while using ultimate

But user, then people couldn't destroy all your hopes and dreams.

But i mean its a decent idea isnt it?

A leviathan shouldn't be converted into a chicken when he attains his final most powerful form.

Want to trade?

Why do people care about ranked play in a buggy and poorly balanced beta? I go and grif ranked matches as Inara just to tell whiners this.

Yeah, it's decent. And it is kind of silly how many ways there are to shut down a character claiming "I cannot be stopped" during his ult.

But I still find it grimly hilarious that Makoa's vulnerable during Ancient Rage now. Especially when characters like Cassie get CC immunity during their ults.

Nothing is ever allowed to stop the chickening. It's not even treated like CC. You can't reduce its duration properly like you can with a damba ult, or use a totem to cuck him out of it like a Torv ult. Pips ult is dumb as fuck.

Because it's the only way to play draft, and because normally teams don't meme it up.

Because it's always going to be buggy and poorly balanced, might as well start caring now if you're ever going to care.

Should I unlock bomb king for my first character he looks fun

He's the most powerful character in the game so go ahead.

how the fuck does anyone play BK without jolt

I just tried it and whenever I threw down a poppy bomb, 50% of the time it just disappeared because of some random AOE

Solo Q? Don't even bother.

>Don't even bother
BK can carry in solo queue if you can aim though.

Casualfag here.

So tanks are essentially worthless now right?

Only tank worth a shit is Makoa for his DPS and hook. Apart from that there's simply too many ways to destroy shields in 1-2 seconds for shields to be even remotely viable.

Next patch better fix this shit.

Nope, wait till you get a feel for the game, i'd buy Buck to be honest he's a total beast with the right deck.

The best tip i could give you about him is to always keep one jump in case of emergency, only burn that emergency jump if you're certain that no one can flank you and that by jumping in you can secure one or two easy kills.

that's the best deck i've done

I mean they're still tanks so they can be a brick wall anyway with a healer, they're just weak. No other class can tank still though except for maybe a couple of healers.

Also you can play tanks just fine in pubs and comp.

No. Double tank is still generally king, regardless of how fast shields go down. Generally outside of pro play you want the team with the ruckus+1 though. People suck at following up on Makoa hooks. Single tank is sketchy because if they have a ruckus+1 your tank gets bullied right off the point. 2 damage 1 flank can potentially work, but it's also putting a lot of faith in potential shit carries.

>be bomb king
>use poppy bomb
>activate ult midair
>fall off a ledge

It should be embarrassing but it makes me laugh like an idiot every time

I just started playing last week and absolutely destroy people as Barik because low levels are damn retarded and don't kill my turrets

>Evie tries to kite around the point with Blink/Soar
>mfw I'm playing turret Barik

How many levels does it take to collect all cards, would you say?

Best tip for any nando players out there.

Switch your fireball bind to one of your mouse's thumb buttons and observe how you hit all your fireballs from now on.

Just max that seedling CDR, that's where most of your damage comes from, Flutter CDR might work too if you play behind the enemy lines/ want to have an easier escape/faster positioning, the Just Believe! card is a must if you want to constantly dominate the point. Don't forget to shoot the seedlings behind your enemy. AND NEVER TRY TO 1V1 ANYONE, YOU WILL GET DELETED UNLESS YOU ARE PRETTY GOOD AT LANDING THE BLASTS, focus on chipping away the enemy from a safe place first and then engage.

>FL
Makoa: Since everyone in high elo knows how to capitalize on a hook, it's literally the easiest way to delete any champ without repercussions (unless it's another FL or a Cassie.)
>Support
Damba: Aggresive support, high base movespeed, tiny hitbox, low cd pocket heal with infinite range, easy sustain with the Ritual Magic card, free stuns every 3 seconds, 40% slow, can 1v1 any flank (Yes, even Lex) or supports (Maybe except for Seris) and a few damagers like Vik and Tyra.

I love playing as Sha Lin (with a flank build he's quite scary), Tyra (Can technically 1v1 any champ with no problems), Kinessa ( knowing that both the enemy flank and the damager are coming for you at the start of every round is quite thrilling) and Maldamba.

Anything is fine for me as long as it's not furryshit

I'm top 250, I'm getting closer and closer every day but I'm just another solo player, I rarely play duo.
Then again, most of the pros just play on 2-3man premades to maintain their ELO.

I have 3k Elo and I am bad.

How do I deal with flankers as Kinessa
I can land my shots all fucking day but jesus christ I never know how to deal with people sneaking up on my ass
Even if I notice them immediately they've got the jump on me and I just die with that health pool

how do u win more than u lose with how many shit fucking players there are out there

Ya this is dumb.

Dem clips son

To bad he is crippled at high levels now.

been there done that. real bad feeling when it happens.

I carry somehow, but more often than not I am facing teams with multiple 2.5k+ elo players.

> High elo player
> Most of willos damage is seedlings

What? Unless you're bouncing them off a cliff ledge that shit is just pure gambling and coming up with nothing most of the time. I agree on the never stick around for a 1v1 though. I don't think math wise she beats anyone.

Get a nice pair of headphones, spam mines near the obvious flank points of every map, Prodigy III/IV gives you a little boost when you jump and use your scope at the same time, helps you juke enemy shots when at close range, Restore IV is a must if you want to have a chance to fight the flanker, after casting Transporter, try to make your character look away in any other direction to confuse your enemy.
Kinessa has 100% accuracy even when jumping, abuse that with the Prodigy card, don't be afraid shoot mid-charge if you know the enemy is getting away.
Master Riding is a godsend if you are getting killed way too often, it will force the flank ignore the other healer/damager, If you do good, the enemy flank will start to ignore you.
NEVER PLAY WITH HER ON JAGUAR FALLS

I use my thumb button for F abilities and Middle Mouse Button for Ultimate it just feels better than QEF

Assuming that the point is being disputed by both tanks, throwing a seedling at the back of the FL/near the supp + dead zone will make the support retreat for about 2-3 seconds, enough time for you or for your flank/damager to finish off the healer even before the enemy team can realize what's happening.

> Torvald has a 66% win rate in siege

How do we stop this old pervert?

>buy wrecker
>FUCKING SHOOT HIM

My friend is a Torvald main and he says it's funny to play him because people literally just ignore Torvald while he walks into their face because they see a big beam attached to them and just run away to fight someone else.

I've been in matches where I'm dominating the entire enemy team alone except for the tank because I'd expect my allies to take care of him while I keep a line ahead of the objective. I'd end up noticing that they are literally just letting the Torvald run in circles around the cart and contest it instead of simply shooting him. It blows my mind.

This game sucks, OB50 when

your mom sucks so stfu kid

He's right though. This patch is shit. Probably one of the worst balanced patches throughout all of OB.

Then OB is going pretty well.

Yeah she does, she can only win as BK nowadays it's kinda sad.

why doesn't fraps or OBS work anymore
is this the work of the EAC devil