Ladies and Gentlemen

Ladies and Gentlemen.

I present to you a car unlike any other, a car capable of achieving great feats and performing actions other cars simply couldn't due to their inherent inferiority. This car has gained a reputation for being a figure of authority, a reliable and cheap means of transportation, and being used for a wide variety of purposes. This car is capable of being used as a weapon and could destroy a Honda in a matter of seconds, they are also capable of traversing many rough landscapes with their powerful shocks and massive engines, and they instill fear in those not abiding by the laws of the land they reside in. Their massive trunks allow for the storage of a wide variety of objects and are similar in shape and size to the bed of a truck, and their interiors allow for comfortable driving and family road trips for crucial socializing and bonding time. The lack of a center console allows for the installation of a laptop and a wide variety of other equipment and technology to gain an edge over your peers, and it has the alternator to power it all, and it can be bought for a measly $2000 United States Dollars.

What are YOU waiting for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2PgNDNamCMY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dont think there exists a more autistic car than the crown vic

Any of you spaghetti/o/s know what these go to?

Its going to trigger my autism when i don't see them on the street anymore. hell, i may not even buy the latest GTA game if there isn't something that resembles a Crown Victoria in it.

hasn't aged one bit and looks good in any era.

>Drive a 2004 Town Car
>13 MPG

cum in my mouth brother i like a man in power

It's slow, that's why no one buys them.

>Towel under his shoe
Extreme effort must be taken to preserve the crown victoria.

Isn't gen 1 gonna get any love?

>I present to you a car unlike any other
Except for the Town Car, and Grand Marquis, and Marauder, and Colony Park and Country Squire if you step back a generation.
>This car has gained a reputation for being a figure of authority
and of idiot whackers who have an overinflated sense of self-importance.
>This car is capable of being used as a weapon
As is any car, except maybe a Caterham or something else that will hurt the driver more than the victim.
>could destroy a Honda in a matter of seconds
About twenty in the quarter mile, you mean.
>massive engines
>281cu-in
>implying massive
>and they instill fear in those not abiding by the laws of the land they reside in.
laughingtwingos.jpg
>similar in shape and size to the bed of a truck
Not even close, good luck fitting a 4x8 of plywood in the trunk.
>The lack of a center console allows for the installation of a laptop and a wide variety of other equipment and technology to
[pretend to be a cop]

I'd imagine it plugs into a laptop? I just zip tied mine up

The trunk is big, yes, but not even close to being like a truck bed. Come on now.

They've always looked shitty and dated.

Eh. The bubble back makes them look too much like a Caprice.

I do like the aero Marquis, although they're a lot closer to their 98+ counterpart than the Crown Vics are.

Shit, dropped my image.

I'll admit though one thing I really like about the aero Vics is the Ford badge in the corner instead of the center, same as on the Foxbody Mustangs and the MN12 Thunderbirds. Something about the blue oval being offset instead of centered just tickles me in the right way.

Nice cherrypicking.

>Except for the Town Car, and Grand Marquis, and Marauder, and Colony Park and Country Squire if you step back a generation.
The p71 has many "upgraded" parts that those other base model cars don't have. They share the panther platform, but they differ vastly with the town car being the most "luxurious".
>and of idiot whackers who have an overinflated sense of self-importance.
Gotta give that one to you.
>As is any car, except maybe a Caterham or something else that will hurt the driver more than the victim.
The crown vic can perform PIT maneuvers easily and pushbars can be used to ram people and other cars while minimizing bumper damage
>About twenty in the quarter mile, you mean.
I mean that it could destroy it physically, as in ramming into it or running it over
>laughingtwingos.jpg
People need to be kept in line, if they are breaking the laws, then they can cause damage or injure people. If you slow down when you see a crown vic, you are probably going to fast, and if you run away, you probably have a warrant.
>Not even close, good luck fitting a 4x8 of plywood in the trunk.
Using the size of a piece of wood. Volume-wise, the trunk of the crown vic is massive and you can store as many items as you would need a (small) truck to do. Better on gas and more uses than a truck.
>[pretend to be a cop]
Implying you wouldn't want to have a laptop in your car to shitpost on Veeky Forums while driving.

Both sides are cherrypicking.

>The p71 has many "upgraded" parts that those other base model cars don't have.
Bigger alternator, external oil and tranny fluid coolers, and a retuned transmission, all of which are easily retrofitted (bolt-on for the former, J-mod for the latter) onto the normal cars. They've also got dual exhaust and 3.27 gears (both available as part of the Handling and Performance Pack on normal cars), and the upgraded suspension parts aren't even top of the line- i.e. normal cars come with no rear sway bar, P71s and Town Cars have a 17mm bar, but if you got a normal car with the HPP you get a 21mm bar and if you're lucky enough to own a Marauder it came with a 24mm. In return, with a P71 you get a barebones interior, no keyless entry, no boner inducing digi-dash, holes for equipment everywhere, no center console but no bucket seat to fill it, etc.

The one thing P71s had that normal cars didn't get was the option for 3.55 rear gears and Trac-Lok- only the Marauder also got those.

>The crown vic can perform PIT maneuvers easily and pushbars can be used to ram people and other cars while minimizing bumper damage
Given that you're not a cop, though, you don't have much of a reason to ram people unless you want to go garbage-can bowling (which is admittedly fun); that's more a side effect of the body on frame construction than the car itself, any vehicle where the body can be used to hit things and not immediately total the car as the body isn't a structural component is good for PIT maneuvers.

>People need to be kept in line, if they are breaking the laws, then they can cause damage or injure people. If you slow down when you see a crown vic, you are probably going to fast, and if you run away, you probably have a warrant.
If you get worked up about seeing something that might be a cop car, you're probably not a very good driver to begin with. Alternately, drive a Grand Marquis for a while and Crown Vics become much less "I wonder if that's a cop" and much more, "Hey, we have the same car! High-five. Want to sell me your cupholder and intake manifold?"

>Volume-wise, the trunk of the crown vic is massive and you can store as many items as you would need a (small) truck to do.
Oh, it's definitely huge, but it does take some organizing to fit things in- from experience, you can't fit a folded up fullsize wheelchair in without first moving the spare tire into the trunkwell, and if you've got the vertical 6-disc changer on the side you have to be careful something doesn't fall onto it and break the tiny, fragile tray eject button. Most people don't need to carry shit that size though and even if you do there's still a ton of room underneath.

>Implying you wouldn't want to have a laptop in your car to shitpost on Veeky Forums while driving.
>implying I get distracted while driving by inane shit on Tibetan throat-singing debate forums
>implying I don't have a laptop in the bathroom and am literally shitposting right now

Wow i didn't knew a certain tripfag owned a crown vic too.

slow piece of shit...i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:
10 point cage with Parachute
3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
spec-R full drag suspension
Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
1 044 bosch pump
1200 rc injectors
golden eagle sleeved block
cp 10:1 pistons
Eagle rods
arp headstuds
oem h22 headgasket
Balance shaft delete
competition clutch twin disc
Port and polished head
skunk2 valve springs and retainers
Str cam gears
crower stage 1 cams
aluminium radiator with slim fan
gsr transmission with itr lsd.
qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
k20 rbc manifold
qsd throttle body spacer
blox 70mm throttle body
4bar omni map sensor
6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
hks bov
Garret 102mm turbocharger.
Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
44mm tial wastegate
Custom water to air intercooler set up
aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
tuned on chipped p28
13 inch volks drag rims
2 15 inch volks rear rims
arp extended wheel studs
si cluster
150 shots of nitrous

im making 348 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be

2000 townie.
8.5 miles to the gallon. Get on my fucking level guy.

You might want to get a tune up. I average 17 in my Grand Marquis.

Yeah, Panthers don't get fantastic gas mileage (20 average is great, 30 highway is averaged out by 10 city) but if you're averaging less than 10mpg something's wrong.

God, that 4.6l. Takes me back. My first car had one of those.

Your first car could have been any fullsize FoMoCo sedan made between 1990 and 2011, any F-150 from 95 through 2010, a fourth or fifth gen Mustang GT, or even a T-Bird, Mark VIII or Cougar.

Hell of a list.

Oh, or an Exploder, Expedition or their rebadges.

Is it possible to turn a Crown Vic into a GODMACHINE? I know the police versions have a slightly better engine, much better suspension, an improved transmission, among other things. Are these things exclusive to the police variants, or can the normal Vics use the same part and effectively make a "police" version with exponentially fewer miles? What about forced induction, 200 some horses isn't a lot for a 4.6 liter V8.

Funny enough, nearly everything I looked up regarding "tuned" Vics all featured LS1 swaps. Apparently the Ford motor is worthless.

Crown Vic shares the same engine as the 96-04 Mustang GT, and considering those have a HUGE performance aftermarket then you could probably turn a Crown Vic into a durable speedbeast, Or you could just swap in a Coyote or Ls1.

Read the first paragraph of . The 'slightly better engine' is from the dual exhaust and a revised airbox (depending on year), both of which will bolt right on to the normal Crown Vic. There's no Blues Brothers-esque 'cop motor, cop chip, etc.' here despite what some people might think, it's the exact same 2-valve 4.6 as in the normal cars. The Mustang later got a 3-valve version (with Performance Improved or 'PI' heads that the Crown Vic got in 2001 anyway), and the Mercury Marauder had a much more powerful DOHC 4-valve variant that also showed up in various Lincolns as early as '93; non-Marauder Panther bodies only ever got the standard 2v.

P71s do have an aluminum driveshaft for higher speed driving because the stock one tends to vibrate too much to be safe, although that might've worked its way to the normal cars too at one point; I'm not 100% sure memory-wise and the last couple years of the platform were basically parts-binned together from whatever stock was left anyway, leading to mismatched axle/door codes, unlisted or missing options, etc.

>much better suspension
That's mostly a year by year thing. The Interceptors have heavier duty shocks that give the car a 1" or so lift from the factory, along with sometimes bigger brakes, speed-rated tires, etc. but of course those will wear out over time until it's pretty much just like a normal Crown Vic. The big deal is that all Panthers post 2003 have an overhauled suspension setup compared to 2002 and earlier, which was more or less the same thing since the 70's.

>an improved transmission
Again, same shit as a normal Crown Vic. The 4R70 is electronically controlled and it's just set up to shift faster and harder in the cop cars, something you can do yourself (or have a shop do it) by opening the trans and cutting some shit here and there in a process known as the J-mod, named after the guy who documented it (who also happened to be one of the original Ford designers for the tranny).

You can rip the manual transmission out of a mustang and it would fit perfectly into a crown vic due to the crown vic transmission and mustang transmission being extremely similar.

youtube.com/watch?v=2PgNDNamCMY

I bought mine because I wanted a car that I could put a laptop into, everyone is amazed when they see me browsing the internet while I drive. You could go above and beyond and use cameras/sensors to make the car self-driving to some extent so you could use the laptop while the car corrects itself...
Engine could be better, but for a stock engine it certainly isn't bad and lasts quite some time with the additional oil and transmission fluid (Possibly) cooling system to allow for extended redlining and idling. They have the potential to be extremely fun cars to drive, with the benefits of a large panther body.

One is limited only by their creativity.

If I wanted to get a Ford barge, I'd get a Lincoln Mark VIII. Detuned Cobra 4V engine and a non-shit interior, plus self-lowering air suspension if you fix it.

>everyone is amazed when they see me browsing the internet while I drive.

This is remarkably autistic. Bravo.

i'd seriously consider a CVPI if i could get smog legal headers for it

>Are these things exclusive to the police variants, or can the normal Vics use the same part and effectively make a "police" version with exponentially fewer miles? What about forced induction, 200 some horses isn't a lot for a 4.6 liter V8.
They absolutely can, pretty much any part you can think of between a Crown Victoria, a CV Police Interceptor, and a Mercury Grand Marquis will bolt right off one and onto the other. The one big exception is body panels, but as the years go on (primarily 2003+) the cars are much more similar in appearance so fenders, trunklids, etc. will swap right around with no hassles; prior to that you'd have to grab the entire front or rear clip so you didn't have ugly panel gaps everywhere (even bigger than the ones the cars normally have). Even some of the stuff that doesn't come on the cars normally still fits- i.e. taking a rear swaybar off a junkyard P71 and putting it on a normal CV (which doesn't come with one), the bolt holes and mounting points are all there on the civvie car, you just have to hook up the bar in the empty spot.

Town Cars have different body panels and lots of fiddly interior bits that won't bolt right up, especially around the dashboard due to the different shape (giant center console instead of a flat dash with a double-din head unit and separate HVAC).

>What about forced induction, 200 some horses isn't a lot for a 4.6 liter V8.
From what most people say the 4.6 doesn't like forced induction that much, especially the 2v version. It's an engine meant for longevity, not power, although that 200-some horses is also listed with close to 300lb-ft of torque and the car will never feel like it's struggling to climb a hill, merge into traffic or get out of its own way, even with a trunk chock-full of shit and multiple grown adults in the cabin. It'll also do burnouts real easy although that's more a symptom of having lots of weight in the front, not much weight in the back.

(character limit)

How can you say that when the Miata exists.

Expanding on weight in the front: the 4 (and possibly 3) valve versions of the 4.6 received aluminum blocks at various points in time- the 2v only ever had heavy-ass pig iron. Keep in mind also that for all the power-adding and suspension-tuning you might want to do, it's still a gigantic car that weighs close to or over two tons stock. You might not carve up that mountain road but you'll sure as hell break the guardrail on the way off.

On the bright side you'll have a great view while falling to your death, these cars have fantastic outwards visibility. Glass all the way around and a rear window as big as the front windshield on some newer cars.

>I bought mine because I wanted a car that I could put a laptop into, everyone is amazed when they see me browsing the internet while I drive. You could go above and beyond and use cameras/sensors to make the car self-driving to some extent so you could use the laptop while the car corrects itself.
And here's your average Crown Vic owner. Buy a Grandma Rquis. Become invisible to everyone on the road. Do the speed limit. Do ten over. Do five under. Do whatever you want because you're in that weird spot where idiots think it's a Crown Vic and everyone else thinks it's Nanny off to make it to the church dinner before five and no one pays any attention. Except cops. They'll still give it a second glance to see if it IS a Crown Vic with an autist behind the wheel.

Mark VIIIs are cool but man, the entire T-bird platform for that generation and the one prior has all but disappeared around here. I saw a Mark VIII at the hospital the other day, paint was peeling, clearcoat was gone, but I'd be damned if the interior wasn't spotless. Props to that guy.

fuck, the greentext was supposed to link to , deleted one too many lines there

You look shitty and dated

>want to sell me your cupholder?
Fuck man, those are a bitch to find

I'm thinking of dropping a cobra engine into mine

>fursuit

You're tellin' me, I've got the cupholder ripped out of my '01 right now in prep for finding an '03+ to replace those god-fucking-awful 'SOFT CUP ONLY' abortions of a beverage holster; been searching for months and still haven't found one, every 03+ Panther at every junkyard in driving distance has had it removed- sometimes even before the intake manifold. I refuse to pay the cost people want for them online and risk them not even sending the mounting bracket or pigtail connector and now I'm on three different junkyards' mailing lists of new arrivals in the desperate hope I can scap one out before someone else gets to it.

>Have laptop mount
No need for cup holders.

Is that from under the glove box? P71?
That's a plug that provides power and other useful connections for police equipment. Both uninterrupted and accessory power. It even has a port that tells you the vehicle's current see. Search for the Police Equipment manual for your model year to find the pinout.
The P71 is loaded with electrical drops.
There only Mark VIIIs I can find are in junkyards or are being sold for near-retail price by boomers. Also, nobench.

speed, not see

>implying I'm gonna give up my delicious power leather bench seat for a crappy center console
>implying I'm gonna mount that shit to the dash

>decide to check pick-a-part's new arrivals as of this post just in case
>2003 Crown Vic placed on yard three days ago
>get hype
>check info
>Trim: LX SPORT
>aka the only fucking Crown Vic that DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME DASH MOUNTED CUP HOLDERS EVERY OTHER FUCKING CAR FROM 2003 TO 2011 INCLUSIVE HAS
>isn't even worth pulling the rear sway bar because it's the same 'el cheapo junkyard special' 17mm bar I already got off a P71

Never checked the junkyard here, but I am going to assume that none of the parts have been taken as this is a somewhat small place.

07 Grandma Key reporting in

My A/C is leaking from someplace currently...

bruh I just found either your house or the one you're parked in front of on google maps, don't know because there's no marquis in the driveway but the image is a couple years old

if it is your house, the google car drove by when your ass was turned fucking with your mower

When people are talking about the BULLETPROOF MODULAR ENGINE why does no one mention these things eat timing chain guides like OP eats cocks? If you're luck you can catch them before they're too worn out, but in most cases when you start hearing the rattle you have to drop the oil pan because it'll be full of broken plastic.

I didn't realize how common this was until it happened to me, and then everyone on Ford sites I talked to was like "oh yeah, I replace my guides like timing belts every 60K."

Really? Good to know, but the 2003 I drove for ~8 years for 90k miles hasn't needed them. But I did just buy a 2011 so I'll be on the lookout now

Yeah, the flat guide on both banks is made out of unreinforced plastic. They break up and eventually the chain starts grinding into the timing cover. Or on high miles engines sometimes the curved guide wears through and the chain hits the tensioner.

B-Body is better.

You shouldnt browse the internet when you drive

What if you turn it into a self-driving car?

>not buying the objectively superior caprice cop cars
don't vics drive like fucking battleships anyway?

Oh I haven't lived there in some time now but thank you for the concern

>Buy a Grandma Rquis
Grand Marquis a best

fpbp

I just got myself a 1993 mark viii and if you can find a clean one that's still on air do it. Damm this is a tire eating animal and almost as good of highway crusier as my grand marquis. Plus the 4v 4.6 just has the best fucking exaust note of any small block I've heard.

Fuckin' noice. I'm not a fan of the Mark VIII's looks in general but I do like the pre-facelift with that single sleek line across the whole front fascia WAY more than the post-facelift and its weird blobby separated headlights.

>'01 town car
17mpg how do you even get that bad mpg are you literally in a city?

Nice I always wanted the previous VII and then to own an VIII afterward. The VIII reminds me of a fat person coupe, just something a big dude would roll out of (pic related is probably why this stuck with me) with worn ass leather and sagging ass suspension but I still love em. Its so low and wide and boaty but cozy on the inside. Very dramatic front and rear end designs...

The blobby facelift is awful they messed with the interior a bit as well.

Tfw bought a P71 just before Crown Vics became a meme being constantly posted on Veeky Forums