So how long did it take for Veeky Forums to save up for the car they wanted?

So how long did it take for Veeky Forums to save up for the car they wanted?

23 years

Had to work until I was 30 until i finally bought the GT86 I always wanted, could have bought it earlier but wanted to pay for it completely and not have a loan. I'm in scandinavia so the car is actually really expensive here :(

4 years

Currently neet. Hope to get job at Costco to start saving.

i can't wait to get one of these used.

>all the used ones are automatic or have been crashed

nah. believe it or not, old people love cars like these. its "just enough" sports car.

I want a Crown Victoria.
So not at all.

Can't buy it yet. I plan on trading my car for a cheap optima. And pay it off in 2 yrs. then put money back for a skyline

I didn't, my parents bought my car for me.

>saving
Fugg it I just financed it. Couldnt keep my 1k civic for more than a month.

a little over a year

About 1 year after getting my degree in mechanical engineering.
>FD RX-7

The inner weeb in me wants an AE86 but i feel like it's too legendary for me. Also a good one without shitty parts is too rare and expensive for me.
So i feel like getting the GT86 since it's "brand new" and "safer" and just painting it like OP's pic.
Saving since i was 16, 19 now

Oslo?

About 1 full year of pizza delivery

I saw a jeep yj as a kid and kinda latched onto it. I'm 19 now and still fucking saving, should have one in under a year now.

>112 hp piece of shit that's either $10k+ because lul maymays or $300 because it's a piece of shit that's rusting away
>legendary

You're right that it's too legendary for you, though

A year, I played on easy mode though, my company was sold so my company stock turned into cash. I'm sure there were a million more responsible ways to spend $40k such as a down payment for a house (although I have enough in savings for that already), but quite frankly I don't give a fuck, a house or rental property wouldn't make me happy, the car does.

Let me rephrase that:
It's so fucking rare and expensive that i don't want to ruin it for the chinese cartoon maymays and probably crash it and make them even rarer

That is horrendous

There is literally nothing wrong with an Accord coupe, as far as sporty FWD cars go he did pretty well.

1 week for my ae86 like 10 years ago
About 16 weeks for my honda fit
I have all the money saved I want to spend on a 240 but I just have to find one I like

I'm still saving for a Corvette. Accord coupe is my reliable DD.

Are you saying buying a 2010 accord coupe with 50k miles for $8k usd is horrendous?

How much fucking money do you make in a week goddamn
I'm guessing that the prices hadn't yet skyrocketed...

I said "that is horrendous" in reply to your picture didn't I?

Your wheels are disgusting and the tyre profile is disgusting

Only about 1,500 a week after taxes but I also have almost no cost of living

Thats gotta be Australia bucks...virtually worth 50% of face value anywhere else...

Arent those illegal?

California movie industry bucks, bruh

I originally was saving up for a C7 Z06, but when they revealed the Hellcat, I was sold. Took me a year to find one though. I wanted to custom order one, but Dodge stopped Hellcat orders for a period of time. All in all I would say it took me 5 years total to save up $61k. Which is what I paid.

Not the r32, just became legal in us because it's old enough

They were given to me for free. My brother riced out his Jetta then he got rid of it so I got $2500 of tyre/wheels barely used for free. They're 19s and weigh nearly the same as the stock 17s, no mpg change. I'm getting taller tires when i put on my own for comfort reasons.

Was in college when FT86 concept design was there. Decided I would graduate, make some money so I could buy one. About 4 years later I am still driving my Honda shitbox but I have a house and about to pay cash for a new car ~30k.