learningmusic.ableton.com
youtu.be/Wirjui-4QoE
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=462503040&searchtext=foxtail
soundcloud.com/tristanMPA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for godot

Good morning agdg

Good morning anime.

Help me come up with an attack pattern for this boss. I have this animation, idle, and a fire breath. Bullets flying everywhere have been a theme with most other bosses. Additional enemies spawning is also an option.

>Never give up
>My son
Sup

Did someone ask for another Etrian Odyssey ripoff? Because that's what I've got.

What's the best engine for someone who never coded?

Let's make this a thread without memes.

libGDX.

Hell yeah, I'm looking forward to this. Will you also make it so the player has to fill in the map themselves as they explore? I loved doing that.

Hey aggy,
If anyone wants to get started with music production, ableton just released a great introduction to it:
learningmusic.ableton.com

Clickteam Fusion

rpg maker

You just don't get it, do you. /agdg/ IS the meme.

Need some mechanics ideas.

Here are some valid examples of interactions and their resolutions on hit:

Weaponless into weaponless - push defender away, pushing into a wall deals 1 damage instead
Weapon into weaponless - deal 1 damage to defender
Weapon into weapon - remove 1 weapon from both
Weaponless into weapon - deal 1 damage to both
Wings - fly 2 spaces (instead of default 1) over any obstacles into an empty tile
Hook into weapon - remove weapon from defender
Hook into weaponless - swap attacked and defender positions
Weapon into shield - remove weapon from attacker
Shield into weapon - ???

Feel free to come up with stuff (teleports, spawns, floor holes, duplicates etc.).

Yeah, that's the plan. I'd let players choose between that or an autofill map.

Cool

Shield into weapon, remove weapon and push away seems the obvious choice.

When a class owns some data, it gives that data a context, and that context can sometimes limit the ability to reuse the data. Adding functions to a context can bring in further data, which quickly leads to classes that contain many different pieces of data that are unrelated in themselves, but need to be in the same class because an operation required a context, but the operation also required additional data. Normally this becomes hard to untangle as functions that operate over the whole context drag in random pieces of data from all over the class meaning that many data items cannot be removed as they would then be inaccessible.

Those are wings, right? You could let them switch between flying and grounded mode which gives them different bullet patterns.

Push away without removing anything

Maybe he could shoot out some of those spikes at the player as the fight progresses, or maybe some sort of tail whip attack that the player can jump over

So?

And how would one fix this sort of thing?

>but need to be in the same class because an operation required a context
False. This is why object communication exists.

>it's another topdown shooter with rotating guns
>it's another sidescrolling platformer with a gimmick
>it's another sidescrolling rpg with roguelike elements
>it's another room-based, semi-procedurally generated roguelite
>it's another metroidvania
>it's another space game with fancy lighting

Yeah, it's pretty intuitive.
I thought of making a huge infographic about music once, but I just realized interactivity adds a whole new level of learning

It's a rotating gun game

>>it's another space game with fancy lighting
I still don't get this one.

Give the player a Roc's Feather ability

When we consider the data from the data-oriented design point of view, data is mere facts that can be interpreted in whatever way necessary to get the output data in the format it needs to be. We only care about what transforms we do, and where the data ends up. In practice, when you discard meanings from data, you also reduce the chance of tangling the facts with their contexts, and thus you also reduce the likelihood of mixing unrelated data just for the sake of an operation or two.

>tfw my game doesn't fit into any of these

>it's another space game
>it's another mouse game
>it's another control game
>it's another escape game
>it's another shift game

It's even worse than rotating guns, nodevs take a walking simulator, paste a space backrgound and add some neon lights. BAM LE NEW GAME

Joke's on you my game has no controls

name one game

>it's another "post monster jam ideas" post with a monster girl image attached
Post monster jam ideas

I don't understand the indie space autism

Please don't use SBaHJ for this low effort shitposting, thank you.

> When we consider the numbers from the number-oriented design point of view, numbers are mere quantities that can be interpreted in whatever way necessary to get the output numbers in the format they need to be. We only care about what transforms we do, and where the numbers end up. In practice, when you discard meanings from numbers, you also reduce the chance of tangling the quantities with their contexts, and thus you also reduce the likelihood of mixing unrelated numbers just for the sake of an operation or two.

kys

There's barely any space games in agdg

kys yourselves

>mfw all these people actually falling for my "space" trolling

No wonder Hoboo shills here

When we consider the memes from the meme-oriented design point of view, memes are mere quantities that can be interpreted in whatever way necessary to get the output memes in the format they need to be. We only care about what transforms we do, and where the memes end up. In practice, when you discard meanings from memes, you also reduce the chance of tangling the quantities with their contexts, and thus you also reduce the likelihood of mixing unrelated memes just for the sake of an operation or two.

Noice

this doesn't sound like a monster jam idea

I have many monster girl ideas but I don't want to share them and they're scope's bigger than jams anyways.

Anyone who likes space is a NEET who never goes outside except at night. The idea of space lets them combine the escapism of flying with the comforting blanket of eternal night, since there's no daylight in space.

There used to be plenty. But now they're gone, just like everyone else.

>AAA and unity games has a separate launcher to change controls and options
>getting triggered over editing a text file to change controls

>monsters
>not furries

Piss off, this anime is out of my comfort zone to masturbate to. I'm not a degenerate furfag.

Reposting my demo day entry :)
youtu.be/Wirjui-4QoE

>unity games

>tfw to intelligent for oop

I once went to a sensory deprivation chamber that lets you stream music through a massive speaker at the base, essentially letting the entire water tank become the subwoofer. I microdosed LSD and played Daft Punk.

Space is pretty rad, user.

So now there's 3 of us?
Good luck to you as well, buddy.

Dwarf Fortress?

>stuck trying to figure out problem
>no success. feeling like shit and there's literally NO REASON THIS IS-
>eat some noodles
>figure it out within five seconds
This is your daily reminder to remember to eat. There are already far too many spoopy skeletons out there.

Honk Honk

My ancient chinese gamedev secret is to take a hot shower if I'm having a mental block.
99/100 times I realize the solution to the problem.

my niggadev

Hey Agdg, are you embarrassed to tell people that you are working on a game?

Yes. That's why I always tell people it's practice or a technical experiment despite really badly wanting to write my ideas.
This is further polluted by the fact that I'm awful at making content.

Depends what kinda game I'd be working on or working for, but overall, nope.

Not embarrassed, but I know that they would be biased to wards it.
Been like that since forever to me. No matter what I do, this society is always biased towards it.

>it's another game played on video

>see cool thing
>want to put it in my game even if it doesn't fit at all
every time

I'm insecure but not that insecure

kys

>tfw rewriting my engine in C89 + Vulkan

you first

Thanks, you too pal.

are pokemon clones still a thing? if there's anything i've loved in a pokemon game it would be exploration (surfing, diving, fishing...), i want to steal that part

>A Pokémon clone, but it's a TCG instead of a JRPG

Then make a game that is purely the exploration aspect.

Shut up yanderedev

There was a Rick and Morty pokemon clone a while ago, it was pretty popular. But I don't think there are many games that copy the exploitation elements, which really is a missed opportunity. That was one thing I liked about Hoenn, diving underwater into the mysteries depths.

>C89
That one gave us some great doujins

rpg maker walking simulators sound kind of like that

I've realized something. Fucking arthouse indie games and walking simulators killed exploration for me.
10 years ago, I would have explored everything I could before even considering doing the game's quests, because it was fun to hunt for secrets, paths that you couldn't yet go trough, and stuff.
Now there's this "just enjoy the view" feeling in so many games that it's a chore whenever a game doesn't show me a predefined path, or at least lets me notice early that exploration is rewarded.

Alright, third time trying to remake my camera.

Now it should be pretty much exactly like it was in TTYD from what I can tell.
Shifts the center to the left/right based on the player's movement, y shifts only when the player is grounded or if they're freefalling a long distance, and the z is just basically always glued to the player.

bretty good

cool water fountain

Do you guys think this game is dead? I was seeing development but last update was months ago.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=462503040&searchtext=foxtail

Push plus RNG remove sounds good.

Also, would it be worth it to have different behaviour for each combination of 2 weapons you can have? A, A+A, A+B, B+A would all cause something different. Not much other space to put things in.

>Russian furry game
Safe bet that it's dead

>exploitation elements
peta please go

use a trip, so i can filter you, thanks

Filter the images retard

You want to filter out free million dollar ideas?

Don't mind me, just shilling my soundcloud

soundcloud.com/tristanMPA

Are there any particular types of music that you'd advise someone to make, if they wanted to get into video game composing? Or like, what do you personally look for in a composer, if you need music for a game?

Filter "but"

they made it a long time ago

80's synthwave.

Always 80's synthwave.

Changed the way the ship handles so the player has more control.

I'm having a lot of trouble deciding how the map/overworld should be structured for this game.

On one hand it would be great if the game world was completely random and I could make it feel like a living, breathing place... but I know that isn't really feasible.

On the other hand I feel if I turn it into a game where you just fight waves of enemies in a fixed space people might find it boring or too restricting.