Mario Kart 8 Deluxe / Mario Spin-off General #2-D

Welcome to /mk8g/ - Help make the codes edition
Last thread: Discuss Mario Kart & Mario Spin-off Games!
Wii U players welcome as well (please get a Switch ASAP though)

>Wanna know what /mk8g/ is all about?
Watch these or be a loser:
youtube.com/watch?v=bc8KzuEmXyE
youtube.com/watch?v=bNMvL7z2ub0

>Our old Wii U Miiverse page
miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073268532636/14866558073646102396

>Game Codes
Main Lobbies:
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) 200cc
(Needs replacement or an update from Nikki)
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) Battle

Auxillary Lobbies:
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) 150cc
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) 200cc Mirror
(Coming Soon)
--Mario Kart 8 (Switch) 200cc Frantic
(Coming Soon)
--Mario Kart 8 (WiiU) 200cc
4584-9410-2777

Other games:
--Mario Kart 7 (ask in thread) : 07-0695-1617-1935
--Mario Golf: World Tour (turns): 58-1023-1832-5422

>How do I play with you guys!?!
--First time racers:
Go to "online - one player", go to "tournaments", go to "search by code", enter our main (or auxillary) lobby code and hit "join". If you keep getting put in empty lobbies, the current one is full.
--Returning racers:
Go to "friends" from the online menu & view "recent players" list to find and join someone who is currently racing. >!Further FAQs (Tips, Esoterics, General stuff/junk):
pastebin.com/aJne6hi4

>/mk8g/ Historical Archive
pastebin.com/WpPHZwAb

>News
It's out nigguh Purple boosts ho!

>Thread PSA:
Do not reply or respond to shitposters.
Regularly announce the number of players in a lobby.
Keep up the banter during races.
Namedropping is discouraged but posting along the lines of "Haha John Smith that green was beautiful" is not only fine; you should do it more!
Keep on posting screenshots in the thread!

>Today's protip
If you know a Blueshell is coming, brake hard and make 2nd eat it!

still alive I see

any wii u players?

Don't tell me none of you bumped the last thread?
And I see this thread is at page 10 as well. bravo /mk8g/

It's was one guy samefagging the whole thread, does it really surprise you?

DEAD

Should I even bother bumping this with random anime pictures or should I leave you guys to your Discord hugbox?

Last bump coming from me (If it will even bump). You faggots are on your own.
What a shame too, that really is a good OP.

Reminder that we need codes if this is to live and I can't make them. (No switch)

Dont leave, make codes

Bump
Live. Liiiiive

Before we get a replacement code, we need to decide on smart steeering. Enabled for 200cc or no?

Yes, I will never fucking use them but many people wanted them in if only to fuck around with. Plus we can't alienate the plebs I suppose.

I'm OP and I hate discord, don't write us off just yet.

Is there no way I can record my Switch gameplay without a video card? Something strange happened to me in a race and I want to show it.

Since Nikki's too fucking lazy I'm going to make the new tournament codes to fix the time problem. Everyone cool with that?

A small history of clips was saved on MK8U and I assume the same is true on Switch. From there you could post directly from the Wii U rather good (for what it was) internet browser. Does the switch have a browser as good?

God yes. Go go go
Just 200cc 150cc and Battle for now.
Mirror and Frantic as well if the switch lets you make more than 4. Otherwise I'll make them i. The coming weeks.

I don't think Battle needs to be fixed, just 150cc and 200cc.
I'll post the codes once they're made.

MK8D /v/eekend 200cc
2139-3520-1835

MK8D /v/eekend 150cc
1656-1681-9755
Be sure to add this in the OP for the next /v/eekend if you can.

>Making new codes because muh points
Really nigga

Some people care about that believe it or not.
If Battle doesn't have that problem then why should 150cc or 200cc?

Because you can play regardless. And it's hardly a problem.

I'll repeat it for you.
>If Battle doesn't have that problem then why should 150cc or 200cc?
Might as well fix them all for completion.

Like I said, it's hardly a problem.
What is it exactly preventing people from doing?
Playing? Can do that already.
If you really care about an arbitrary number after matches, Worldwide is there

Any Switch players?

I know this may sound distressing but some people genuinely like having their scores accumulate over a week and can be discouraged from playing when they don't have that sense of progression.
I was like this initially for MK8, just to get an idea of how much I played during the week.

Wanna race?

I can play on 8U, if you're willing

just 8D, I don't play Wii U anymore, I'm so lazy to plug my console back.

I'll have to pass then, sorry

So if a bunch of people wanted no items because they think its unfair, would you remove items? Not everyone is up for getting fucked by something that's out of their control.
Just because a small vocal minority wants it, doesn't mean it's the best course of action
>I was like this initially for MK8
Yes and? All it ended up doing was promote circlejerk

get a Nintendo Switch mate. Wii U is dead.

Mario Kart Wii is much better than MK8

>All it ended up doing was promote circlejerk
How is it any different now? There are still points being counted for the few days that the tourney is open.

>So if a bunch of people wanted no items because they think its unfair, would you remove items?
There's a difference between renewing a tourney (with the same rules) to make it open for a week and creating another tourney to change up the gameplay. Remember the one-off tourneys like Mushroom, Teams, even 50cc after 200cc's release? They were used to freshen up the game.

>How is it any different now? There are still points being counted for the few days that the tourney is open.
Because in the end it does nothing. It's all about e-penis. It's like caring about Karma on reddit.
In fact, I would argue that caring about points is the same as caring about recognition on the thread, and therefore, circlejerking.

>There's a difference between renewing a tourney (with the same rules) to make it open for a week and creating another tourney to change up the gameplay. Remember the one-off tourneys like Mushroom, Teams, even 50cc after 200cc's release? They were used to freshen up the game.
Fair enough, but do you even remember what happened to those lobbies? Dead and forgetten, PLUS all it did was split up racers in /v/eekends.
We don't MORE codes. Returning /v/eekend players are going to show up in to the lobby and we will get even more "Why am I alone into the lobby".
Sure, it could take them 5 seconds typing the code, but it could also take you 5 seconds to realize that points mean fuck all.
Also like I said, are you going to listen to vocal minorities for every single thing?

Just a little bit of e-penis never hurt.
Points are one of /video games/ core tenets so I fail to see the issue. People just like an excuse to be competitive ya know?
Now if we star seeing 'le leaderboards sponsored by Maebbie' crap... thats a different story.

>Just a little bit of e-penis never hurt.
You can't say this with a straight face when Mk and Smash /v/eekend were a thing and died just for this.
If you really have no idea of how this community has worked in the past, please refrain from making changes.
We don't need even more codes for something as useless like points.
>Now if we star seeing 'le leaderboards sponsored by Maebbie' crap... thats a different story.
It's a matter of time.

>It's a matter of time.
Pls no

Too bad, it's what you get for making a general (a ded one even), caring about e-penis AND even more splitting up between lobbies.

Is there honestly a better dlc edition to this game?

>do you even remember what happened to those lobbies? Dead and forgetten, PLUS all it did was split up racers in /v/eekends.
Like I said, one-offs. I even deleted them shortly after because I know they wouldn't be played again for a while. If I recall, they were hardly used, if ever, during the /v/eekend, mainly during /mk8g/.

>are you going to listen to vocal minorities for every single thing?
It depends on how big the minority is. Because of the minority, we played these one-off modes and others joined in.

>splitting up between lobbies
It's not the weekend yet, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it

Someone made a thread on /v/

>Like I said, one-offs. I even deleted them shortly after because I know they wouldn't be played again for a while. If I recall, they were hardly used, if ever, during the /v/eekend, mainly during /mk8g/.
Fine.

>It depends on how big the minority is. Because of the minority, we played these one-off modes and others joined in.
Except this isn't a one off thing. It's changing the whole main lobby.
Is not having points preventing you from playing? No.
It all comes back to e-penis, doesn't matter how you twist it.

Yeah, because we crossed the bridge with 150cc and 200cc so good, right?

Why are you using MY Luluco pics, friend?

>it's YET ANOTHER 'smart steering activated without your knowledge' episode
Gettin real sick of this shit

Well I plan on asking that the times be edited on the original veekend code by Nikki this weekend so this shouldn't be an issue.

>Why are you using MY
Surely you mean mine

>"/v/ee"
This is why these threads are dying

She was mine first!

>Yeah, because we crossed the bridge with 150cc and 200cc so good, right?
That's because people can't into 200cc so they have to go back to their babby mode. To be fair, most of them weren't here during launch and haven't had a fair go.

>Is not having points preventing you from playing? No.
It's definitely a deterrent for new players that want progression. I feel like we're just repeating ourselves at this point. Ultimately, I think that people are the problem, not the points because we enabled the leaderboard stuff to continue instead of ignoring it.

Nigger that's just what they've always been called. Who the fuck even are you "Boney"? I never seen your ass during mk8u's days. Namefag reddit little shit.

Why do you care, faggot? It's tradition.

I was mainly around during the smash 4 /v/kend days(rip), I play some mk8 too sometimes

>It's definitely a deterrent for new players that want progression
This. Points are just something people like. It doesn't have to have a reason or make sense.

>I play some mk8
More like never

@176349585
>It's tradition

I'd love to though if there were more wii u players on.

>so assblasted that you didn't even want to give me a (You)
Sad!

2 weeks ago people were playing on Wii U, you never joined, last week people played again, same thing.

Not him and meaning there is no sensible reason to change what we've been calling it for literal years.
You don't even metapost well you insufferably new reddit discord faggot

if people will play this week i will. I played last week too, but there were only 3 people in my lobby
@176350035
"/v/ee"kenders dont deserve em'

@176350253
S'pose I'll return the favor, then.

At this rate these threads would perform better on /trash/. Maybe you all should migrate there one day.

>server maintenance until 11pm

FUCK

I think these Mario Kart weekends will end when the paid service comes out if Nintendo doesn't get their shit together.
Who's going to want to pay for extremely shitty servers?

Only the really dedicated people in the discord would remain then, which is like 2 people.
God damn the servers really are terrible

Who plays with a steering wheel?

Right? It's mindbogglingly bad. Fucking why?

I don't have one, I had curiosity to know what do you guys think of the wheel, I like to feel that I was driving a real kart.

Using the wheel is fun if you don't mind losing a lot.
I've seen some really fucking good racers who used the wheel, though. Who knows, maybe you'll get good with the wheel after a few hundred races.

post webms

Funniest I've got

Is it? Might give it a try.

Does anyone have the bigger version of this pic? I never saved it

I've got a better one

where's Panchito?
why the fuck are Ryan and Penta on love I hate those niggers.

Here's a larger version of OP's image.

When this was made it was when Panshito had permanently fucked off to smash as I recall

No but have a r8

>picking favorites
I never understood this.

Some people race often, banter, and talk about kart. Others are observable shitters. That simple.

I rather that Panshito stays on smash instead of mk8g, that sick nigger is not welcome here.

Is panshito still dating alice or did she wise up?

I don't understand why they prefer to be shitters instead of playing the damn game

I don't know man and I don't give a damn fuck about that.

sorry, shouldn't have brought it up. still have memories for the shitposting their relationship brought up

Rate Courses.
Shares thoughts on others.

>why the fuck are Ryan and Penta on love I hate those niggers.
>why the fuck are Ryan and Penta on love
>on love
Wut

I think user misread the image and believes that top is love, and they both high

That's dumb tho

This only applies to 150cc, it's been too long since I've played 200cc like that.
There's some things I don't agree with, but your taste is pretty good.

>only 3 red maps
>all those blue
You must be good at the game

Why were only the yellow maps done with splotches instead of circles?

I didn't like how yellow on white looked

How many of you guys meet up in person with people to play MK?

let's go to london and meet up with alice at the starbucks she usually games at after boarding school

Mine was done under a 200cc lense with some 150cc influences from playing it so much before.
200cc-only here

I can understand not liking Cheese land but it is so fun for me.
Bone dry dunes actually used to be my favorite map so superb taste since were talking 150cc with you.
Dragon driftway is a map I've never played on 150cc so I guess thats understandable.
>Superbell half red and green
What does that mean?

Why does every lobby with one or more gold marios just become an absolute bore and generally unfun