Talk me out of buying this 2015 BMW m235i RWD Coupe with 18k miles for $35,000. I'll probably be looking at $40...

Talk me out of buying this 2015 BMW m235i RWD Coupe with 18k miles for $35,000. I'll probably be looking at $40,000 out the door after Tax + Insurance.

Reasons to buy:

-dealership warranty until 100k miles
-fast as fuck
-can easily jb4 tune to 400+ hp/torque
-already has 330hp/torque stock
-great interior
-small car, can fit in my cramped city house garage
-4 seater
-bmw luxury

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wDKrcZ7xLY8
youtube.com/watch?v=zkcoeg4Tyd4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because it looks fucking retarded.. should be enough

>BMW luxury
Lol
If you consider luxury less options, less seat space, less legroom, and less trunkspace then sure. Hope you can borrow mommy's car while it's in the shop for failures every month.

Why not an M2?

too expensive and too big. also this can easily be tuned to be faster

t. jealous poorfags

>wants bmw
>not poor

you know there's people in their 20s in much higher end cars than that, failure

>getting a car for people who can't afford M
>calling others poorfags
lel

>I-I'm not poor! BMWs are bad because they're not expensive enough, c-cuck!

Not op but where's your Ferrari, poorfag?

>some chinese kids drive lamborghinis paid for by their parents.. failure!

lol

Who cares how fast it goes, you'll still be missing the M package suspension, brakes and all the other goodies

Great car. Consider the 435i but I say go for it.

I'm pretty sure it comes with the brakes, saw one yesterday and it had the M brakes

Seems you really want it OP and it's a great car. I would rather an M2 or an M4 but if this is the limit of your budget then go for it.

No but in all reality why does this car look like it has downs.. looks like a z4 on crack. I could see an edgy girl driving it I guess

every dude with a 40 hour work week can afford a bmw, and then they proceed to double park it like it's something special

where's yours?

about to drop OPs car's worth as a downpayment for a use Continental

It's my dream car op.

>bragging about being rich
>has to buy a used bentley

Why is an m235 your dream car? Like wtf nigga

Yeah maybe an M2 or an M5 but why would the cheaper mockup of an M2 be your dream car over the real thing?
Also checked those

>about to drop OPs car's worth as a downpayment for a use Continental

You gonna have cash left over for watermelons and koolaid?

Because it's more affordable than an M2.

No no I understand that, but that's not what a dream car is. A dream car is usually meant to mean a car that one would absolutely love to have but is out of feasible reach, like a koenigsegg or some shit like that.

What you've described is simply "the car I'm planning to buy eventually"

I guess that's true.

I'm just being realistic.

It's a pretty fun car and it looks good. I'd buy it.

lol you're either blind or clinically retarded.

>looks good
LMFAO.. 9/10 troll made me laugh at loud so I'll give you that. one of the funnier tripfags props

Nothing wrong with that, you're better off thinking about attainable things than pining over the intangible

ever heard cla from merc? it's a good looking too..

CLA is not comparable to an M235i.

>cla
>fwd merc
Plz kys

Why? You'd have to be a fucking idiot to take a fucking m235i over a cla

>cla
>fwd merc
yfw that "fwd merc" has a faster 0-60 and quarter mile than your shitty girl mobile

>FWD
>that pig-ugly interior

The Merc has a better interior than the BMW you fucking idiot

Not to mention exterior, 0-60, quarter mile, race track, etc (literally everything)

>b-b-but fwd based!!!1111
kys you fucking idiot

bmw luxury

assmad merc fangirl detected

when u cant respond facts with counterarguments so
>hurruheuhruh ur so butthurt bro XD XD XD xD

good to see bmw drivers are autistic on the road and off

You're so mad that nobody likes your fwd cuckmobile jeez dude get over it

Whatever you say bro, if you want a slow ugly girl car then you do you man

In all seriousness CLA45 is literally 0.1 sec faster 0-60, it's also heavier and not offered in manual on top it all it's fwd this is why OP prefers the m235i.

Honestly I wouldn't buy either car I would save for something better

Well for starters it has 2 too many doors you fucking spastic.

Everyone else has covered the other things.

Are you fucked in the head?
How can one unironically defend the CLA?
I work at a Benz dealership and the CLA has the shittiest inteior I've ever seen on a Mercedes, sagging inteior bits after 1 year of use, cheapest materials everywhere, slow crappy infotainment etc.
The CLA also looks like a crapping dog and it has fucking Haldex awd i.e it's fucking boring.
0-60 stats is for people who don't know shit about cars (people like you)

i cross shopped an m240i with several other similar cars and ended up with a 1LE camaro for several reasons. It ended up being about $8k cheaper (new prices), the insurance quote was MUCH cheaper, is faster in every way, has a comparable interior and rear seat, doesnt have that much bigger of a footprint etc.

I like camaros too but bimmers are my favorite. How is the visibility? I've heard people complain that the windows are too small

visibility is fine out of the front and sides, the only time i notice the giant rear pillars is backing out of the driveway. the camera does enough but its not perfect

>hes literally asking us to convince him not to.

Seems like a pretty good car though, I've been completely opposed to buying American for a long time but those new camaros are a great deal considering the price.

I read quite a lot about the 235i when I was considering getting one and apparently the shifter is awful in those. BMWs manual gearboxes have always been average but this one is extra bad

I also like the 135i more. Lighter and cuter

>it's faster in a straight line so therefore it's better

you have to be 18 or older to post here

You are actually fucking braindead if that is your argument. did you get into the bleach drawer as a child? genuinely curious

And the m235i doesnt? the m235i has fucking plastic everywhere and looks like shit, at least the mercs interior looks moderately luxious

>looks like a crapping dog
Nice subjective point. Looks 10x more badass than the BMW, especially at night. The alignment of the m235i is just wrong, it looks disgustingly weird as a coupe

>0-60 stats is for people who dont know shit about cars
Ohhhh I see, the way to judge a car is "hurrr derrr I worked at a Merc dealership and the cla looks like shit!!!!"

Lmao literally do everyone a favor and commit suicide right now

Faster in a straight line, around track, and quarter mile. That obviously fucking matters. Learn a single thing about automobiles rather than getting asshurt your shitty car is always going to be behid the Merc you fucking aut

>the only thing that matters is how fast it is

you have to be 18 or older to post here

The only good BMW's are older ones. Fact.

If youre buying a new car used, get something like a Genesis or a g37. Hell, even a used SS is around that price range an is leagues better than new BMW crap.

Enjoy your shit reliability and expensive repairs

While it might easily tune, it is not necessarily safe. Tunes are dangerous even on Porsches and your car is not that.

this

god bmw drivers are so stupid it hurts

fwd cucks, everybody

slow laptimes, 0-60, quartermile, ugly exterior, interior, everybody

A stock M235i is on par with the pig ugly CLA on track. Add stickier tyres and it kills the CLA every day of the week while being 10 times more fun to drive.
Just watch this video.
youtube.com/watch?v=wDKrcZ7xLY8
True petrolheads prefer oversteer and fun while autistic benchracers like you only care about 0-60 times.

0.1 seconds slower on track, 0.1 seconds slower for 0-60 but is 10 times better looking, has a higher quality interior, comes with a manual gearbox, has proper rear wheel drive, much bigger aftermarket, is cheaper.
I like Benz but the CLA45 is a fucking piece of shit and you probably don't even own a car

okay, so the cla won.. great video you fucking mong

>True petrolheads prefer oversteer and fun while autistic benchracers like you only care about 0-60 times.
>True petrolheads prefer oversteer
Has anyone ever told you that you are retarded? if so, you should hug them for being so smart and then proceed to shoot yourself in the brain for having so many chromosomes you absolute fucking retard

Don't listen to the poorfag weebs in their shitty rustbuckets
Fucking buy it

>mommy won't let me have a right wheel drive car so I yell at people on Veeky Forums

>10 times better looking
>has a high quality interior
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>you probably don't even own a car
If you want to project, my first car is probably more than your current car you fucking idiot

But the BMW won the review you autistic sperg.
Benz cucks in denial lmfao.
You are not a car guy. You are a retarded benchracer.
“For reasons that are extremely difficult to explain to normal human beings, petrolheads prefer oversteer.” is a Jeremy Clarkson quote.
Kill yourself

I can easily tell you've never been near a CLA or an AMG car.
I drive Mercs including the CLA every day of the week for a living.
I know that the CLA is shit.
You only see that it has better 0-60 stats and you think it looks better but you ignore everything else like the true retarded sperg you are.

>But the BMW won the review you autistic sperg.
>bmw won the Motortrend review!!!
Lmao, of course don't expect the retard to know MT has a notorious reputation for bias towards BMW. He chose it over a subjective reason like "fun" despite Merc winning all objective points

You are retarded, but again, every bmw driver is so nobody is surprised

>I work at a car dealership
>I'm really smart!
I've driven a CLA45 and M235i, but keep projecting. Projecting and subjectivity is something you bmw retards really enjoy, huh

>-dealership warranty until 100k miles
Bumper to bumper or is that just the power train that will never go bad

>you are not allowed to buy a car you like because a car with better stats exists

in that case he should buy a real merc not some fwd piece of shit

Of course you can buy a car because you can say "well i dont really like the look the cla and the bmw is more fun to drive".

If you go solely off times gtr will be my favorite car. It isnt, i'd much prefer a gt3

But I'm not going to sperg and start calling the gtr shit and try and justify why the gt3 is better. i get you m235i nerds really want some reassurance on but i'd quiet down here lmao

>bias towards BMW
Keep grasping at straws.
MT has been bashing on BMW since the E92 era.
You'd know that if you had seen any review which includes an M car.
The CLA interior is on par with the previous gen 1 series.
The 2 series interior has better ergonomics, uses better quality materials, overall fit and finish is better.
As I said the 235i is RWD+manual and has a proper inline 6 turbo engine not a Civic tier 4 banger:
youtube.com/watch?v=zkcoeg4Tyd4

>it's a gtr fanboy episode

that explains it

Also I just looked it up the CLA45 AMG base price is $52k, jesus christ it's literal M2 money.

Holy shit, bmw drivers are actually illiterate. i didnt think you guys were this stupid, but you cant comprehend simple sentences? holy shit you guys are beyong help lmao

the picture you posted disproves your point you mong. less luxurious and just as much plastic. congratulations retard

Where is the luxury in the CLA?
Luxury means sticking a shitty ipad mini on top of round retarded vents?
Is it the poorly integrated radio and phone controls in the middle? Reminds me of my W211 lmfao.
The BMW has proper recaro seats, driver oriented console, an actually good looking steering wheel and iDrive is something so well made that other automakers are still trying to beat.

>The BMW has proper recaro seats
CLA performance seats are known to be extremely high quality seats and some of the best in the game

>Luxury means sticking a shitty ipad mini on top of round retarded vents?
Such a stupid meme bmw drivers try to pull. Talk about W211 interior, the console looks like BMW. The "ipad" on mercedes interior looks completely fine. Tesla did it even worse and nobody cares. The integrated display screens look so fucking dated (again, refer to w211). thats what bmw is still doing

>Where is the luxury in the CLA?
Pic related seems very luxurious to me and anyone that tries to argue that a bmw interior is more luxurious than pic related just seems preposterous

>Tesla did it even worse and nobody cares
It's actually one of the biggest complaints and one of the major reasons for the tesla shitposting on Veeky Forums have you been living under a rock?

this fucking sticking a screen on top of the dash needs to stop

>one of the major reasons for the tesla shitposting on Veeky Forums
>tesla shitposting on Veeky Forums
>on Veeky Forums
You think Veeky Forums is the market? Lol, a good many of Tesla owners bought it for the big media screen

I agree it's ridiculous but there is literally nothing wrong with Mercedes' screen

Disagree, but either way it's still such an attractive interior

it is by far the worst interior of any amg car

Well no shit, its their amg entry. and even that, its still really nice interior. all amgs have the center console so

you have shit taste

haven't you noticed that literally nobody else in this thread is defending your precious fwd shitbox

LOL thats because it's Veeky Forums idiot, home of a bunch of retards with 328is

Talk to anyone without downs and a iq higher than 90 and they'll agree bmws are trash for trash

t. 16 year old proud owner of a $3k civic with """""""tasteful""""""" mods

>you have a civic
t. 328i owner he got used for literally less than the price of a new civic

BMW has the biggest car enthusiast community on earth and you're nothing but an edgy sperglord.
Literally all you can say is "lol bmw is shit fwd is better", neck yourself faggot.

t. can't into reading comprehension

>BMW has the biggest car enthusiast community on earth and you're nothing but an edgy sperglord.
So does Mustang, doesnt mean theyre not all a bunch of faggots degenerates too

>Literally all you can say is "lol bmw is shit fwd is better", neck yourself faggot.
Uhh, pretty sure that's all you're saying lmao. I'e given laptimes, straight lines times, quarter mile times, and you guys just say "b-b-but fwd BASED" (not even fwd lmao) "b-b-but looks bad"

>unironically defending a pig ugly overpriced FWD shitbox
>unironically choosing a FWD autotragic 4banger "sedan" over a RWD inline 6 turbo manual coupe
Nice trolle m9

see

>can not into reading comprehension
t. can't form a coherent sentence
Read it fine, responded fine, you just didn't appreciate my response because it offended you lmao.

to your 7 grande 3 series you go

Mustang has the biggest community in the U.S.
BMW has the biggest community world wide.
Just go to any track day on the planet.

I can't believe these retards exist

>muh bmw is so shit you should buy a civic
This nigger is trolling right? Only a woman or a complete normie who knows fuck all about cars would prefer a civic lmao

>guy spending day and night defending cla45 which everybody in the car community knows is junk

Honestly dude just sell it and buy a better car, stop cucking yourself thinking defending it on the internet makes it a better purchase. Also, comparing it to the m235i? It should be compared to the M2 as they are the same price and in which case it is completely inferior in every way

All these triggered bmw spergs

You're doing god's work son

>haldex """awd"""
>4 banger
>autotragic
>$52k
What the actual fuck

> Only a woman or a complete normie who knows fuck all about cars would prefer a civic lmao
The fuck are you even talking about?

how come bmw retards have such a hard time reading properly. who said anything about a civic being better mong

>implying i have a cla45
>inferior
again, the precious bmw nerd cannot respond as to why the m235i is better than the cla45 other than "fwd based" or subjunctive opinions about the interior

Feels good pissing off a bunch of degenerate retards with cuck bmws that are actually slow as fuck

>but my rwd!!

congrats you can do donuts, still behind the Merc stupid bitch kek

So we can summarize this thread right?

The CLA is better than the m235i. Faster laptimes, faster straight line, faster around track, and more luxurious interior

>b-b-but it's a 4banger!!!!
(thats quicker)
>b-b-b-ut its fwd based!!!!
(thats quicker)
>b-b--but the m235i
(no it doesnt and youre retarded)

Feels good watching the cucks cry in defeat as they shout the same retarded things as they bleed

This guy already proved that both cars are on par in terms of track performance
but the 235i was still more fun to drive and won the review
The reasons why the 235i is better is: tunable i6 turbo
rwd
manual transmission
much cheaper to buy
Any more questions cuckboy?

>so insecure
lmao nobody loves your piece of shit cla keep crying fagboy

>manual
Manual transmission isnt better you fucking idiot, semi automatic is better. This isnt 2005 or a fucking Porsche Carrera GT, fucking faggot

>rwd
Congratulations faggot, you can drift and do donuts. It's still slower

>my car is rwd
>look at me!!! im into cars!!!
You're actually a faggot and should off yourself

>cheaper to buy
Yeah I get you're poor and care about that but i'll buy the quicker, more attractive, and quality car :-)