/eog/ - EVE Online General

>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth. It's also known as "Space Spreadsheet Simulator", "A Tale of Menus and Lost Dreams", "Warp Logistics and Trust Issues", and "NEET Space Gods".

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best)
If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

First for nanos > inertial > stabs

help a Veeky Forums bro out and ask me for a referral link

>making a new thread
>unironically thinking nanos or inertials are ever better than stabs

I finally got in... do I press the button /dog/???

>intentionally sensor dampening your ship.

>tfw your fleet gets bosoned

Have a fun time playing the game, anons!

b-but having fun is against the rules!

>capitals are balanced

They are.

nanos
>decreases inertia
>increase velocity
>decreases structure hp
>doesn't consume cap/cpu

inertial stabs
>decreases inertia
>increases sig radius
>doesn't consume cap/cpu

warp core stab
>+1 to warp core stability
>halves targeting range
>halves scan resolution
>consumes cap/CPU

nanos and inertia stabs helps you align and warp away faster, even before the opponent can lock you if you're fast with a low sig. nanos also help you burn through gatecamps faster.

warp core stabs does prevent warp core disruption, but it's unlikely that you'll have enough WCSs to counter a dedicated hunter with long + short points. even if you would have, your lock time for anything would be utter shit.

of course blanket statements like "x > y > z always" are often pretty shit because /it depends/

you tooo

can alphas even do industry without it being a loss

Not really

I hate rattlesnake ratting

There are no longer industry skills that reduce material cost, so yes they can if they have a researched blueprint..

Feck. I forgot that was out.

Sure. Build rigs in high sec or join a nullblob far from Jita that isn't goons and build doctrine and ratting stuff

>doctrine

will smith jpg

Go watch it.

oneiros

what are some things you wish you would have found out about earlier in the game?

what are some of the most common beginner's mistakes, in your opinion?

what tips can you give to new players to help them become more effective (in terms of hotkeys, overview settings, good habits to have)?

fuck off

Join Tengoo

>what are some of the most common beginner's mistakes, in your opinion?

Waiting to try PVP. Thinking you need high sp to do things.

>good habits to have
Don't trust people with your shit unless they're friends. Don't mess around with local chat offers and contracts.

Don't buy PLEX just to buy fancy ships.

gas

To train for specific fits instead of everything, to learn manual piloting and kiting instead of click-approach and throwing brawl frigates at walls..

Probably not joining a corp and trying to "figure out the game".

To check Zkillboard for top solo pilots of a ship.

Hey guys, as of today I can fly the svipul and with some messing around in pyfa I came up with this meme fit. Do you think this could actually work in a solo/small gang scenario or am I better off just fitting for gank?

>how to get kited to death

well unless I land on top of them to apply web/scram aren't kiters ALWAYS going to kite me to death in a brawler? All they have to do is double click and burn to chosen distance when they see me landing on grid

>undocking without mwd

ab + nanos = unscrammable

ab + nanos > mwd because a) the ab can actually move, and b) no sig bloom.

Should I C1-C3 with Heron or 8 turret destroyer, caldari alpha clone?

What about this?

C1-C3 what?

>nanos

REEE

you better not clear it

It was a shitty gas site.

>haven
>gas

better. barrage is shit though and swap a speed mod for a dc

Did this game died? There's no PLEX on eve central anymore wtf.

Sub only now goy. Get your credit card ready.

The patch that released today changed how Plex works, 1 old plex = 500 of the new plex

and they removed aurum

PLEX is now 500 PLEX, so you can sell it in smaller amounts.

That is all.

As in a haven site with a gas cloud.

Compared to the snake asteroid haven sites, they're shit and not worth doing unless you're in a carrier.

>unironic nullbabbies on my r/eog

Alright thanks, so that's what happened.

>punisher
>rifter

>clear 3 gates into a combat sig
>clearly left wrecks behind the last 2 gates
>guy shows up and starts killing my rats

what the fuck reee

>hi, I join. split loot ok?

GREGOR GET OUT

>Applied today and already accepted

what the fuck, I applied last night. was It something I said?

You can't join if you have a shit waifu

well then I don't want to be in your shit corp ANYWAY. FUCK OFF

>normalfag waifu
Well you gonna fit right in the trash heap that is new all out

>Industry experience

I unironically need to know if I'm being denied from a new corp that accepts newfags because of actual skill related issues or arbitrary opinions

>unsecure and reveals weapons grade autism when someone points out his waifu is shit
>industry

welcome aboard

>!!!!!
If I were the CEO I wouldn't let you in for typing like a faggot

Probably because you seem to be a massive cuck with cuck related skills.

If you run 4+ stabs it takes a gang to tackle you.

>he doesn't have 3 scrams

th...thx

Guys I'm mining for the first time. Is it really as dangerous as people say to just sit still and mine asteroids?

Or one dictor.

I wonder what the first day of eve was like

>he doesn't have 3 monitors

You're literally a sitting duck for any asshole with basic weapons to take you out.

If you're high sec it is so safe who cares

if you are exploring through wormholes I hope you learn to dscan, not that it matters because you will be ganked by cloakers.

it's dangerous to sit and mine even in hi sec you need to be protect. Put a condom over your ethernet port and wear mittens. also DO NOT SIT STILL. Constantly vibrate while you sit in your seat.

>buy and outfit venture ~160k
>hisec mine pyrexes at 0.9
>paid 1 mil
>implying noobsec mining matters
btw mining is one of the worst things to do with your time

If you get bubbled your probably going to die unless you can crash a gate. Your nanos won't save you.

It's really safe in high sec, just pick a system with a small amount of people just in case some drooling CODE retards decide to harass you

What is funny is when you see the bot mining fleets of 10+ afk faggots who are sucking veldspar on omega accounts

its fine with an exhumer and +50% boosts in null

Plex are selling for 800 MIL!!!!!!! I got like 5!!!

OMG user YOU RE SO LUCKY,KEEP BUYING, IT S A BUG

worthless unless you have a corp to clear the system for you and provide security.

But anything is easy when a gankfleet is covering your back.

how the fuck do you clear exploration areas with a heron?

It dies so fucking fast even when shield tanked (lol +sig for extenders), I might as well fly something combat oriented and not give a fuck about probe and hacking/relic bonuses.

>But anything is easy when a gankfleet is covering your back.
That's why alliances are here

questionable efficiency when you have 10 +people doing nothing but cloak camping and being alt+tabbed out until voicechat tells them to do something.

I laugh everytime I see a cloak camping because we already have enough to counter a decent hotdrop and to counter a counter if needed

Dont get into forgotten sites.

afk docking nerf when

please, it would stop me from idling for 15 hours

Eris

Heron new guy from last thread, I found a worm hole leading to null, spent an hour sweating and scanning down sites; only found one data sleeper site and four other worm holes; do I go deeper?

Heretic

as long as you have enough time left in your wormholes to get home it doesn't matter.

why are you memeing a good ship

>tfw 2d until Minmatar BS V

>unironically other dictor than sabre

>too cheap to finally buy minm carrier and capital ships

>sabre in an armor fleet

>dictors getting reps

>"Nah, we don't need to rep that dictor"
>Rorqual warps out

>STILL no counter to capitals