What would you pick

You are given a new Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger. Bare bones V8 with a manual. Bolt on mods only, no forced induction. It will be your daily for five years. Which would you go with?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YN78-Y1Njcg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Given the new Alpha platform, the Camaro.

Probably Camaro. Mustang is too angry looking. I like the Challenger but I don't trust anything from Fiat/Chrysler for reliability.

Is this the 5.7L or 6.4L Hemi? The former is a boat anchor, not a performance engine.

>Challenger
Too big, can't turn
>Camaro
Small trunk, can't see
>Mustang
Best overall daily

2018 base suspension is up to the Perf Pack standard, and I can get a Ford Racing power pack eventually and keep my warranty.

I picked a 1LE camaro because best manual transmission and ripping on-ramps and mountain roads

>Mustang is too angry looking
>picks possibly the angriest car ever made
OP said base model, so no 1LE

I too want the based Alpha platform but id go for the ZL1.

>OP said base model
Oh shit. well id still pick the Camaro. even the V6 is fucking based

Assuming the challenger is the 5.7l, that is definitely the worst choice. I would pick the current mustang over the previous gen camaro and I would pick the 2018 mustang over the current camaro. However, if we're talking about 2017 models I'd have to go with the Camaro. The transmission and engine combo in the Camaro is pretty much bullet proof. The mustang's transmission is a tad on the weak side and engine not quite as powerful.

its literally a base 1ss with one option.

The challenger, because I'm not a bench racing faggot and I'm over 6 feet tall, so I want to also be comfortable.

OP here, clarification: you can do what you like with the car after 5 years. As for my choice, definitely not the challenger. If it had the 6.4 I'd do it because aesthetic but the 5.7 is weak. Id probably go camaro but mustang is also a good choice

>tfw 6'7" and overweight and daily a camaro easily
>calls those who would choose an actual sports car instead of a speedboat benchracing faggots
quality post, friend

Matt Farah is 6'3" and drives in all 3 just fine.

The Challenger if it's the 392.

I know the Mustang is the best car from the best company, but the Challenger looks so nice to cruise in.

Mustang. The Camaro looks like someone stepped on it and the Challenger looks like it ate the person who stepped on the Camaro.

Challenger without a doubt

Camaro and Mustang are ugly as fuck

Challenger has the best ride and look

wouldnt get it in manual tho

Challenger because I'm almost 350 pounds

lol youre going to get diabetious and die alone

since you're poor you can only afford 2 things a 5.7 challenger, or 5.0 gt, what do you buy?

also you can get the 6.4 challenger, or you can get a 5.0 with headers, catback, intake, and tune to even out price,which do you buy?

>wouldn't get it manual

Get the fuck off Veeky Forums

The mudstain because it's the least pigfat and you can kinda see out of it.

That and boomer bait retro garbage designs like the Camaro and Challenger are disgusting. Can't stand them.

either the mustang or the challenger based on how i like them after test drives
not a big fan of the front of the camaro

>getting a cruiser in manual
>getting manual to please some tryhards

kek

what better 2011 mustang, 2010 camaro, 2010 challenger?

>fitting and being comfortable are the same thing.

retards

ok, I am 6'7" and overweight and am comfortable in a 2017 camaro.

can you gimme a rundown on which cars are better/worse for manual? I've never driven automatic

pretty much every modern car is better in automatic manual is outdated tech people get for feels not because its better

but I mean damn if youre buying a base V8 Challenger performance isnt really on your mind anyway

might as well enjoy the fact that its the most comfortable and get an auto

Challenger because it looks the best

Ignore this trip. He doesn't even own a decent car. The automatic Challenger actually has less power due to the cylinder deactivation, it's a weaker engine.

Manual 5.0 mustang

The speed on my commute is limmited by balls and traction, so I need something that handles well at 300km/h+

yeah ignore people who post facts

take advice from the tryhard who thinks irrelevant opinions add value to arguments

but you said getting a cruiser in manual like getting another type of car in manual is better. I used to have a manual jeep, if i ever get another truck It'll be auto but now I have a fiesta st and if i were to get something like a miata itd def be a manual but ive never dirven a muscle car

mustang tops out at about 260km/h

because manual in something thats for leisurely driving or work is stupid

being able to change gears really only matters for the curves

Mustangs and Camaros arent really comfortable cruisers so you might as well get manual

Only?
That is only 8km/h faster than a base model Audi TT...

It's a fact the car with the most track records is a manual. It's a fact the automatic Challenger is less powerful than the manual Challenger.

I DD a V8 manual. The T-56 transmission is piss easy and all these have over 400ft/lbs of torque. Pretty sure when I test drove a Challenger R/T it rev matched for you but I wasn't expecting it.

You got the poor part right, I can't even afford a V6 model. This is all hypothetical for funsies

its limited, probably to do with tires.

It's electronically limited for some stupid reason. It should hit at least 170 without a governor.

sequential isnt really manual tho

old fashion h pattern is garbage

doesnt really matter how easy it is
automatic is better for normal driving

>doesnt really matter how easy it is
automatic is better for normal driving

Says who?

I took a look in some forums, it is limited electronicly to just under 260 km/h, when the limiter is removed it goes up to 275km/h.

Not 300, but that is more than the challenger for example could handle on my commute.

A ram-air intake and aerodynamic modifications might be worth trying.

common sense

it should be everybody but in this world theres probably not many that say it

Doesn't make sense to me, but what do I know, I just have an actual car.

In terms of looks, Challenger hands down. But
>chryslel
I'll take the Camaro

doubt it

Forza doesnt count and its obvious youre just some tryhard kiddie

>>daily a camaro easily
>>easily
please tell me you're only pretending to be a giant retard

I already told you I daily a V8 and manual.

yeah sure you do

>buying a ((luxury)) car in manual

lol who would do that

Because maybe they're not interested in the luxury part and want it for the big engine + big sedan combo

It's lighter and more powerful than the Challenger equivalent that I tried. While having more features like a 6 disc CD player, Bose speaker system with sub, leather steering wheel, heated leather seats with alcantara inserts and a sunroof to name a few.

youtube.com/watch?v=YN78-Y1Njcg

bolt ons only huh, lets go for the revviest contender with the best sound

>people discussing cars
STOP THE PRESSES!

Stang or a Challenger.

The Camaro is a bargain bin Corvette. ZL1 is the only exception. GMC is still garbage.

i DD my 1SS M6. 60 miles roudtrip. it does fine on the highway, backroads and(if you know how to work a clutch) handles traffic fine.

You know that's objectively wrong, right? The Challenger, by far, has the best ride quality of the three. It is the best daily driver coupe for the money - even outside of the domestic market.

I'd have a rough time between the pony car and the last true muscle car in production.

In the end I'd pick the challenger, but under no circumstances would I pick a chevy on purpose.

He thinks the 5.7 isn't a performance engine, despite being better than the chevy 383

not exactly a smart cookie

It makes 375HP. For a modern muscle car, that's pretty fucking weak.

How are you liking that 1LE? Looking at grabbing and Alpha Camaro, kind of want the 2SS for the creature comforts but the 1LE is so fucking sweet.

>The Challenger, by far, has the best ride quality of the three.
This without a doubt.
Performance wise the base Challenger is weak as fuck when compared to the base Camaro or Mustang. Until you get into the scatpack or SRT area, the other three pull away from it. But the Challenger has the best ride quality by far.

its pretty much the best thing ever, but its about the same price as a 2ss. up to you to decide whether or not the differences are worth it. I will say the recaros are better than the standard seats tho

also there havent been many 6th gen 1les on the used market but id imagine they'll hold their value a bit better

Camaro gets the best reliability ratings apparently, I'd go with that