Oldschool Runescape / OSRS General - rs07g osg

Jewish trickery Edition

>Grab yourself a free month of membership via Twitch Prime (offer expires May 8th)
services.runescape.com/m=news/twitch-prime-offer---free-one-month-membership?oldschool=1

>Latest news
- Autism Awareness Week, help spread the autism
- Skotizo pet, Slayer helm recolor, and Eternal slayer ring
- In-Client map polled
- Redesign upcoming Infernal Cape
- New Zeah quest
- New wilderness slayer master

>Communication
Home World: 327
Clan Chat: OSG
/RS07/ Highscores and XP Tracker
rs07g.com/

>/RS07/ Infodoc (READ BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)
docs.google.com/document/d/1--e4eVMtEgoyUJUoxyFNFIuXJO2CR_y_YzElBUa9UgA/pub

>Prices & money making
services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_oldschool/
2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Money_making_guide

>Twitter
twitter.com/OldSchoolRS - twitter.com/JagexMatK - twitter.com/JagexAsh
twitter.com/JagexJohnC - twitter.com/JagexRonan - twitter.com/JagexArchie
twitter.com/Jagex_Ghost - twitter.com/JagexWeath - twitter.com/JagexMaz
twitter.com/JagexKieren - twitter.com/JagexJed - twitter.com/JagexWest
twitter.com/JagexRoq - twitter.com/JagexWolf - twitter.com/JagexRy
twitter.com/JagexStone - twitter.com/JagexEd - twitter.com/JagexTomH

last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8CwZen9b5mU&ab_channel=ASM-AStateofMind
youtube.com/watch?v=0oZeB-rs0O8
youtube.com/watch?v=PF4KFJ5LHrM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZlghBVhTt6U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

xth for cute trap is cute

>level 107 with bis strength gear and guthans, shit combat stats and no skills
hmm

I only started playing again last month and I already feel burnt out

who

>doesn't tell you how many hours that month
lame

nth for papa mia a cute

be uim
have qc, rune pouch, seed box, herb sack, 87 slay in a few more days
what bossing should I be doing? snek first?
working on 77 herb and 80 con as well

found something

its like finding a feebas, people tell you such beauty (when it evolves into milotic) exists but you can never find it in all your explorations

Dear /osg/, please get Jagex to make a much better Menaphos quest than RS3 will get this June so I can lick the salt off their faces.
Love, user.

what's so special about this find

>buy something for cheap
>put it on the GE
>leave to go do a slayer task
>don't even make it to the spirit tree and it's already sold for a good profit
I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards.

no wintertodt btw

>lying

how do i turn back on item drop warnings

fm was a meme skill before wintertodt btw

>tfw my 2 raid buddies are cleaned now
>have no more raid buddies
>can't join raid ffa groups because they only want elitists or people with 100+ kc
There goes the dream...

people that have a slayer tab should unironically eat shit

ign? might be able to help

my slayer tab is up to 50m right now and I don't really need the gp, but there is a ton of absolute junk getting collected

it's going to be a pain selling/alching all this... since I don't want to bother with that it's just going to keep piling up

people that don't have a slayer tab should ironically eat shit

i'll raid with you if you have a decent kc like 30-50

It's not really a slayer tab more more like a general tab of garbage that somehow shows up in my inventory and I plan on selling.

join for a chill 420 cc

just thought of a GENIUS item to merch for the inferno I haven't heard anyone say anything about it and the price has been stable for a long time

doing////listening

youtube.com/watch?v=8CwZen9b5mU&ab_channel=ASM-AStateofMind

Why do you faggots continue to waste your life on this game? Most of you are age 18+
What the fuck are you doing with your life? I know a few of you cucks are wage slaves and spend your free time playing this piece of shit. How are you going to better your fucking life? Runescape and sitting on your ass playing autism simulator 2007 isn't going to further your career or your quality of life. If anything it'll shorten it and ruin your eye sight and kill you through blood cots after doing agility for 12 hours straight for a meaningless virtual goal. Figure it the fuck out already holy shit

it's an addiction, i know i could be doing better things with my time, but i always come back

I've done 14 hours of agility in a day faggot and I'm 99 now so there won't be any 12 hour agility days to kill me in the future

haha yeah just quit runescape lol

fuck you

If I can do it, why can't you? I've had my urges but I've grown enough in my life to realize that the time I spent trying to play with people that are as fucked if not more than I am is not productive. Unless you're content with your current situation and want to be that way for the rest of your existence then cool, more power to you. But at least for me I'm not into that shit anymore.

Gz. Agility cape is shit though. What ever happened to hamas hero anyway? He was a cool dude. I hope he moved on.

If I can overcome, so can you. Find another hobby. One that's actually productive and has real life effects. Experience people and become a better human being. Remember we're social apes and the internet as much as we want it to be, isn't a substitute for human touch and experience.

fuck off toan

The ability to execute repetitive tasks with pinpoint accuracy for hours on end is pretty useful depending on one's circumstance 2bh.

Toan is a faggot. Fuck off tranny.

>my mfw when a bond baby speaks to me
pathetic

1 def pure here
where should I train slayer?

Of course it is. But not when the context is something as meaningless as oldschool runescape. Get real homeboy

I'm just giving one skill people are getting out of the game, friendo.

train your def, loser

>Find another hobby. One that's actually productive and has real life effects.

i've been trying to get into /gd/ as a side thing after work. nit sure how much that helps since im still at my pc

the idea of it, but not the actual physical act of clicking one a tree over and over.
If you apply that principal to say a musical instrument then it works in your favor. Not when you're clicking on virtual bullshit.

You can make good money in graphic design. I know people who charge $85 an hour for their time. Runescape isn't that. Unless you have a twitch account that normies love.

Isn't coming online to tell people they could be using their time better an even larger waste of time?

I come here once in a blue moon. I've been doing great. I have a steady part time gig that pays the bills and I'm free 4 - 5 days a week to do what I love to do and also make money off of what I love. If I spent my time playing rs, I wouldn't have met the people I've met and who have helped me get other gigs that have led to other gigs. Right now I'm getting paid to hang out and have a few beers with people and wanted to see what's the deal with Veeky Forums

>Doesn't have a full time job
>Thinks the way he spends time is better than the way other people spend their time

Why do you us playing Runescape is a worse use of our time?

No, I don't work a 9 - 5 office gig. But I still make 30 - 40 an hour 3 times a week tops and make anywhere between 100 - 300 a night for 4 hours of work tops. And I've only gotten more work lately and am getting to travel on other people's dime. How are you doing lad? Working on them wilderness slayer tasks?

>I come here once in a blue moon.

Lel, I was wondering why it seems like someone's always shitting on this place like every other week, I didn't imagine it would have literally been one person doing it.

>he spends all of his free time bragging about how epic and successful his life is in the oldschool runescape thread on Veeky Forums

Speaking from experience, rs was a poor use of my time. Speaking from my friends experience, rs was a poor use of their time. It seems like 90% of people I know who were "addicted" benefited from not playing the game and working on their life skills vs virtual skills. You could be that 10% though, that's totally a possibility. But that's up to you to decide and be honest with your current situation and living standard.

I make 47.65 an hour 8 hours a day monday-friday
2 hours of which are spent at lunch with my team
I have tons of upwards mobility, and my position caps out at about 220k a year
I get any overtime I want, and work on a product millions of people enjoy
In my free time I play my Ironman Runescape account, as I find it a fun way to unwind. I get international trips/training as part of my job.
I also live in one of the nicest areas in the US, and earned all of this via my own hard work
Tell me more about how your way of spending time is better than mine

>once a week
Try once several every several months. No surprise other people woke up from their manchild ways of playing video games and want others to see the light.

>be bond babby
>they only way one can feel a proud sense of achievement is by buying expensive things with mummys credit card
lmao!

I hope your enjoy what you do for 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I get to travel and meet like minded people pretty much every weekend and work on strengthing relationships with people in my industry who have made great names for themselves and getting to pick their brains, learn, and pick up gigs they recommend for me because they know my ability, my willingness to learn, and how hungry I am. I wouldn't trade that experience for a 9 - 5 5 days a week and spend my free time playing runescape. But that's just me, I'm not you

>But that's just me, I'm not you
Then why try to impose your own beliefs on others? Do you think they are of higher merit than mine?

>imposing beliefs
Tell me how exactly I'm forcing you to live like me?
Like I said in a previous post, in my experience playing rs is a massive waste of time. I played for a very long time and talked to people who felt the same way and who accepted the "addiction" and just continued. I didn't want to be like that and didn't want to be miserable constantly trying to make friends with autists who only care about xp and mundane achievements that meant they were worthy of going bossing with you or whatever the fuck. I just want to put it out there that life is waiting for all of you autistic retards and that you should embrace that 100%

>I didn't want to be like that and didn't want to be miserable constantly trying to make friends with autists who only care about xp and mundane achievements that meant they were worthy of going bossing with you or whatever the fuck. I just want to put it out there that life is waiting for all of you autistic retards and that you should embrace that 100%
Again, you're implying that somehow this is 'less worthy' than the way you spend your time. You do understand that some people enjoy doing things you don't, and vise versa?
Just because you think something is a 'massive waste of time' doesn't mean another person does, and you trying to state that is you imposing your beliefs on others

I'm so much better than you guys. I don't play stupid computer games anymore. I also dont really use the internet but I just come by to tell you all how much better I am than you guys. I'm a roadie. I make 32k a year btw.

Yea, you're less of a person that I am for wasting your time. Good job on reading between the lines. Totally ignore the people who feel it as an addiction. Ignore the studies done on internet addiction and the adverse effects it has on people's lives. Because everyone is just like you.

>a roadie
HA!
>yfw you'll never be blessed enough to pick up my roadie gig

Every second of my life is spent enhancing my skills. You call this game "fun?" Fun is a waste of time you could have used bettering yourselves. There is no such things as hobbies or side projects because if you have time to start one, you have time to master another skill. One should always strive for improvement. One should never be content. I can already understand the universe. I can speak all languages, dead and old. I've mastered string, percussion, woodwind instruments and am 14/15ths the way finishing brass instruments. I'm already sitting above you incompetent peons.
Take it from me, get a grip or get out.

>yfw you'll never be blessed enough for a trust fund

BTW I'm an Ironman

The trust fund beneficiaries I know are disconnected from reality and always bitch about being depressed. I think the parents, the people who see the fruits of their labor are the only true beneficiaries

youtube.com/watch?v=0oZeB-rs0O8

I generally agree with this sentiment, but people can do whatever they like. Not everyone may have the same drive/circumstances and/or motivation as you and that's ok.

I would have gone insane long ago without going through older music like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=PF4KFJ5LHrM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZlghBVhTt6U

Fuck puzzles
I've been fucking with these last two pieces for 20 minutes now, what do?

row 1 column 3 and row 5 column 3 need to be swapped

sorry, column 1 row 3, column 5 row 3 need to be swapped.

Shit boss, would not recommend.

Is enabling an authenticator worth doing?

Being a literal who that knows how to make good passwords should be enough isn't it? I hardly imagine there are chinese hacking centers brute forcing account name and passwords or anything.

You should always ensure your account as the best security available.

Odds are nothing will ever happen to your account if you're not a retard. But if your password did get stolen and your bank got cleaned would you be upset? If so, enable an authenticator since it takes almost no effort and isn't much of a hassle.
I use a bank pin too, it will most likely never do anything, but I'll have it set just in case.

is there even a single place where void mage is worthwhile

its ok at zulrah and barrows

maybe zulrah if you're really (R E A L L Y) shit at switches or are learning
but its probs more worthwhile to use actual mage gear instead, even early on

so no

It's worthless at barrows and it really is so terrible it's not worth at zulrah.

If you want to fashionscape with a sort of dark mage hood-type item.

>runecrafting takes over 10 (ten) days of non-stop full attention efficient training for 99 with no breaks
Truly this is the most cancerous """""skill""""" in the entire game. Whoever thinks something with similar rates and training to runespan shouldn't come to osrs needs to be butchered immediately.

We already have blood/soul runecrafting. 80% afk for decent rates. Mining is about to get the same treatment.

www.strawpoll.me/12934378/

Obviously fake there's literally only 2 posters in this thread.

Top 5 cancerous skills in no particular order:
Thieving
Mining
Runecrafting
Agility
Hunter

If you disagree kys.

t. Xw33dpur3X

If enough people think a skill is too slow I really wish they'd just boost the exp rates on the content that already exists, rather than make shitty minigames that completely devalue the original training methods like runespan.

>Your new task is to kill 14 Bronze Dragons
Can I pull this off or should I nope the fuck out of this task?

If you really don't want to skip them you could manage but I'd skip them if you could.

Literally fucked. Skip it.

>log in after months of being away in the military
>my north ge qties are nowhere to be found
sigh.

I heard that its better than ahrims at like over 90~ish mage at zulrah. But if you can afford ancestral than yeah fuck it

you heard wrong because mystics is literally better than void mage

is melee worth getting?

yes, its used in raids and shit

thanks

Really makes you think..

give it to me then

i know which one i'd rather have inside me