Daily reminder that having employees is not worth the hassle, either as a business owner or manager in a company

Daily reminder that having employees is not worth the hassle, either as a business owner or manager in a company.

To max out your earnings you need to make a choice:

If you can sell, get into sales. 200k USD is very doable if you are selling the right product, plus accelerators for over achievement.

If you cannot sell focus on building your skills and network until you can become a consultant. People with enough skills can charge $1000 per day or more.

You might think it's worth getting employees to scale out your earning power, but it's not. Employees will never care about your business as much as you do.

>inb4 wagecuck life

Tell me how your currency trading/bitcoin/affiliate marketing business is working out, loser. I grossed over 20k USD this month (Sales Rep), and even if I sell nothing I make at least 10.

OK

What is "sales"

>Daily reminder that having employees is not worth the hassle, either as a business owner or manager in a company.
employees aren't a hassle to a business owner. Only to managers.

your mistake is assuming an owner must also be a manager. This isn't true. So while you're laboring under your mistaken assumption, millions of business owners are making far more money than you with far less work.

Strange how basically all of history is proving you wrong and large corporations with heaps of employees are often among the most stable and profitable businesses. Guess the people responsible for like 80% of world GDP haven't yet seen the light as you apparently did. Bunch of idiots scaling their business models up, when they could be smart and labour away themselves all the time!

How about you fuck off to /qst/

I know a few people doing inside sales making 40k/yr

I know a few sales people, none of them make close to even 100k, never mind 200k.

>become a consultant
this, plus you get access to a bunch of tax loopholes

Any enterprise IT sales job will pay that much. Top Cisco reps make over $1m in a good year

Automating affiliate marketing.

Life's easy for me. It's a side hustle. I can churn microsites for niches in less than an hour. I buy domains for cents and I have hosting deal from a. Friend.

Easily make 5000$ a month without lifting a finger.

explain a bit more, what are you actually doing

I have 10 sites two of which get 10,000 views a day. Each site caters to. Market or a specific niche community. I write/generate and write reviews for my sites. I spend one day of the weekend either checking my site analytics, improving site flow, looking for hot products to review, and writing articles. I hire two people to write articles but never reviews.

sounds gay

leave real business to those who are willing to leave the house and get big money.

interesting. how did you get started doing this? how would you suggest someone who doesn't know much about webdev to get started?

>been told a lot that I was handsome, classmates telling me I should get into marketing and sales
>Aunt telling me I should get into sales because I speak well
>tfw too aspie to remember all the sales technique and to see subtle social cues

Its just so much to keep in mind! Like, how do you keep track? But I do want to give sales a try. My friend emphatically stated;

>You got laid before, if you could get laid, you can sell!

Oh so you're the dude with the clickbait?

You really only learn by doing.

I'm in sales, although it's not cold calling or door to door to anything. It's interesting, the more you do it the better you get at it.

And I'm not even that social of a person plus I have a stutter. It's been enjoyable so far and you learn a lot about other people. A big thing is sizing people up and seeing if it's even worth talking to them.

It's hard if you don't know webdev because you'll need to churn out websites, and you'll have to pay for SEO, design and hosting. You'll pay a lot for starting up.

Whereas if you knew about servers, SEO, front-end and backend and a scripting language. You can get a lot done with little time with only the skills you got.

what are your thoughts on shared hosting vs. vps?

It depends on the type of views you're getting per day.

On shared hosting its better to serve static pages on a simple webserver since resources is tight despite your hosting capacity.

VPS is better if you're serving tons of views per day and if you need something like a CMS which will need a database and backend.

In either case, I always do static pages . I hire people that can write Markdown documents. I have a script I run daily to generate static sites and upload them to servers. I use shared hosting but it's premium space I share with another friend who also owns that hosting company.

any advice on finding/validating niches?

i have some dumb old how-to books that are in the public domain and have been considering paying to have them digitized and then turning them into static marketing sites, not sure if it'll be worth the time/effort though

Just check Google trends for specific products

And check your keywords using a keyword tools.

Unfortunately it's like picking stocks, sometimes some low search volume keywords may be profitable others are not.

What's key is a beautiful and navigable site.

I hope you wrote your how-tos in Markdown since you can convert it to any format using pandoc.

Pretty much anytime someone says this I assume they sell drugs/launder for drug dealers.